Why can't life be perfect.

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (48 posts)
  1. beautyrose profile image60
    beautyroseposted 14 years ago

for some life has been perfect with good career, relationships and family. Why for some just like me has stable  my work but just can't be lucky in love. Sigh

1. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no one has a perfect life. It might seem perfect to you, but then your life might seem perfect to someone else. You never know whats going to happen tomorrow either.

beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah your right.You know what I just want to find true love 2moro. Hope it rains love heheh.

1. profile image0
          dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

love has a way of finding you when your not looking anymore..
          one of the hardest things Ive done in my life was learn how to be happy by myself. Just when I got used to it and got it figured out, I ended up with my husband. I dont think I ever would have really been happy with him tho, if I wasnt already happy on my own.

2. compu-smart profile image91
      compu-smartposted 14 years agoin reply to this

practice does NOT make perfect'. My motto is, 'Practice makes better' as nothing in life is perfect!! Everything can be improved and evolution and life's experiences has taught me this.

Good luck beautyrose with your future love life!smile

ohh thank you. How sweet you are.

3. Pinklady38 profile image61
      Pinklady38posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Through my life experience and I'm only 39, I've found the more you worry about it the less likely it is to happen. I had one long relationship and one short one then had enough of men (no offence intended). Until one day I came to visit my friend who had moved to another town. I decided to move to this town also (as things weren't going so well at the time) and my friend set me up on a blind date with this guy whom she new from the local pub and he turned out to be my soul mate, six years and one child later and we just got married last year. I guess what I am trying to say is 'Expect the Unexpected'.

4. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No one's life is perfect.  Remember, it is the hardships we go through that make us who we are.  You have learned that life isn't always perfect... in fact, it's never perfect.  We can have perfect moments.  You have humility, so you will find a partner that is right for you.  You may have to wait, but it'll be worth it.

5. beth811 profile image76
      beth811posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If life is perfect, then we will not be able to see and feel the opposite force, which is suffering. Suffering can sometimes or maybe almost always mold our character and strengthens us.
      Wait patiently for the things you desire. Pray for it. If it will not come then maybe you don't deserve it. There might be something good that comes out from it.

6. Margie01 profile image60
      Margie01posted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is no perfect life here.

If it were what would you really be able to appreciate, how could you aspire to grow and improve your life.

And what is perfect?

1. K Partin profile image60
        K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not life that's for sure.... smile

7. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perfection is stagnation; who wants that?  Ble-ech! 

Rewarding?  Much better!  Mine's been that--so far, anyway--with bunches of different careers, seven great marriages, and only two bankruptcies so far.  Now we suddenly have enough money to build a house on our land after literally starving all summer...as long as I do all the work myself and build with stuff  like our own dirt (literally, walls made of sandbags filled with dirt). 

A (7th) wife so  ill she could  literally wake up dead any given morning but utterly beloved by yours truly...a humongous project in front of me...more projects in mind than any one man could possibly complete  in a dozen lifetimes...household pets and area wildlife that love us all...what could be better?

Oh.  Y'all already covered pretty much the same ground.  Different words (like, for example,  "boring"!) but similar sentiment. 

BeautyRose, I've got plenty of  love left over if you  want some.  After all, you'd fit right in, what with my wife Pam's nickname being Tinker Bell and all.  lol

8. whispers of faith profile image60
      whispers of faithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

everyone will be happy with a perfect life but the reason our lives arent perfect is cause we always want more than wat we already have as humans we're never happy with what we have and who we are. plus with out suffering you wont be able to grow its like working out you wont ever have any muscles if you dont feel the burn. you feel me lol hoped that helped

~whispers of faith

9. video lost profile image59
      video lostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Life can become perfect only if you know the answer to the following questions.

What's your purpose to be in the world ???
      How to achieve that purpose ???

2. Cam Anju profile image70
    Cam Anjuposted 14 years ago

I'd like to know that!
    ... hmm I want to have a perfect life.

I have lots of love to offer but don't know whom to give it lols

1. Cam Anju profile image70
        Cam Anjuposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmm yes, that is a problem. Wish I had some magical advice for you... smile

Well maybe that's what we call destiny. Its just like holding a fish in my hands and it slept away. gusshh

3. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

What would we learn if life were perfect? and wouldn't it be boring?

(Besides, what would we write about on HubPages?)

I remember an old Twilight Zone episode where a man had died and gone to his after-existence. All day he did everything he wanted to do on earth. He drank beer, smoked cigars and played pool all day. He always, always, always won the game.

After a while he got bored with winning, and was told he literally could not lose-- he would always win the game. "Where's the fun in that?" he said. It was not his idea of heaven, after all. Then he found out it was NOT heaven.

You have  a point on this.

4. simplyjo profile image57
    simplyjoposted 14 years ago

Contrary to what some may say - lemme tell ya - no one's life is perfect !

1. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said !

5. ianbong profile image61
    ianbongposted 14 years ago

There IS a perfect love though - that's from Jesus.

But then again, don't fret. Love isn't something to be pursued. It's like a butterfly - catch it and it will flutter away; sit still and it will come to you. smile

yeah. very well said. But still how long will i chase that butterfly. Ohh i love butterfly of good colors it cheers me seeing tiny white butterfly.

6. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

Love isn't an object to be found nor is life meant to be perfect, whatever that means! Love is something you give away without any expectation of anything in return, and life is simply how you handle what comes your way. When you live your life giving love unconditionally, what you seek, will find you!

I have given it away many times. Hope it come back to me soon hehe sounds hopeless.

1. Lady_E profile image62
        Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It will definitely come when you least expect it.  smile

7. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Even in love is no perfection, not the love you seek anyway. Perfection is the love we seek in the labor of it all. Then Nick or whomever comes knocking at your door with his sythe in hand.

8. Wayne Orvisburg profile image63
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years ago

Nothing is perfect. Remember things are often appear better than they are when you're outside looking in.

9. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

Ecstasy!

Ah sweet seduction, invade my dreams!

Conquer my fantasy!

Relish the reality of rapture,

As we push each other over

The pinnacle of pleasure,

To drown in desire,

Swept away in the rush of release!

Oh sweet ecstasy never let me go!

Wrap me in your loving arms

and let this feeling grow.

I want to say here with you

for all of time to spend,

climbing higher and higher

with no beginning and no end!

10. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

What great replies you've gotten here - man, I love these Hubsters! big_smile I read a column by a woman who was in her nineties about the lessons she had learned in life.
    One thing she said was that if we all went and tossed our problems into a big pile so that everyone could see all of them laid out, we'd scramble to take our own back and quit complaining about them. Not that this is always the case, but probably in most instances it would be. Hope you find all you're looking for (or better, all that truly makes you happy).

11. profile image49
    romi mathurposted 14 years ago

Its sheer  good fortune, to be blessed in love,
    To know you are wanted,above all else.
    For its the uniqueness,of your individuality
    that fragrantly permeates the air ,all around.
    Your world spins at a different speed
    And the heart beats and thumps,with music thats soulful.
    Its one that you can hear and no one knows.
    Enjoy it,cherish it,for you never know a good thing,
    Till its gone out of your life ,
    in a flash without a murmur or sound.

12. chickmelion profile image61
    chickmelionposted 14 years ago

Because we are all fashioned as individuals granted freedom of choice. With over 6 billion people on the planet, choices are bound to conflict.

13. tridentroofing profile image59
    tridentroofingposted 14 years ago

You can't have a almost perfect life if you're still doing a wrong thing.....

14. Premiertimesol profile image59
    Premiertimesolposted 14 years ago

Everything in this world is not perfect so our life will not be perfect if we still doing the bad and wrong things.

15. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

If it was perfect I doubt I'd appreciate it as much.

16. Real Estate Lady profile image60
    Real Estate Ladyposted 14 years ago

Sweetie, life IS perfect. You seem to have missed that point.

Wherever you are in life is where you are supposed to be. The trick is to not fight it. Learn from your trials, and most of all don't let them swallow you up.

I know how difficult it is to not live in the pity pot when you feel that your life is unfulfilled in some way. It's easy to focus on just that and not notice all the other little miracles that happen to all of us on a daily basis. When you start to notice THOSE, that is when life changes.

Want a little trick? Be grateful. Show gratitude for what you do have and make room for what you CAN have.

Now, take a deep breath. Let it out. Focus on the good stuff around you. Involve yourself in the good aspects of your life. Everytime your mind turns to the crummy stuff, gently pull it back to the good.

Let your mind be open and accepting of whatever God or the universe or your higher power or whatever you call him/her/it, can supply. . .and WILL supply.

Then, with your mind open, cleared of all the junk, and an open heart, put one foot in front of the other and do what LIFE asks of you.

Trust me honey. . .this is a sure fire way to make sure you have a fulfilling life.

Good Luck!

17. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

Things happen for reasons, maybe you will just need to wait for something good to happen.  Until then, don't let it bother you, enjoy your life.

18. anime_nanet profile image59
    anime_nanetposted 14 years ago

If you think your life is perfect, then it is perfect.

If you sigh and woe for the perfection, you will never be happy...

It's all a matter of perspective, knowing your limits and capabilities and creating fair expectations for yourself.

And relax wink That also helps!

19. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Because it would be boring.
    Same goes for a world without evil...BORING. ;]

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not that I never told you this, but I really really like your way of thinking smile

Cole, the same refers to you smile

20. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Thank you Misha smile

21. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

You are always welcome smile

22. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Be pretty damn boring if life was perfect. No challenges no goals, no opinions......like this. smile What a boring world it would be if it were perfect! The media would be out of work for sure....what would we write about huh?? No one would have anything to bitch about....BORRRING!

23. mymagicview profile image64
    mymagicviewposted 14 years ago

read my hubs on law of attraction carefully...and you will find the way...

24. Cheri Schultz profile image57
    Cheri Schultzposted 14 years ago

Love has a way of finding you when you least suspect it.  Keep hoping and praying and look around the corner, it will be when you least suspect it.

25. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

this will sound sooooo silly.  I have been told you have to love yourself first.......  send out positive vibes..

Now here is the silly bit..... Anyone who loves their feet and looks after them, loves themselves apparantly.  Go get a pedicure and reflexology, apparantly it could help you..... tried it, i found it helpful actually.... the right man wont drop from heaven, but you may be able to define exactly what you are looking for, and exactly where you will find it... let us know wont you...

1. Jackson Riddle profile image49
      Jackson Riddleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope this is true, i've had crappy feet for a while. Hopefully all my problems should be solved when I fix it. Still not sure if I want to venture in "pedicure" territory sounds kinda...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)