Can some of the experience Hubbers give a ballpark figure of how much

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Jebranto profile image60
    Jebrantoposted 14 years ago

Can some of the experience Hubbers give a ballpark figure of how much you are making with Google Ads
       Please give us your experience with this.

1. oderog profile image46
      oderogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Before you get your first Google check you have to do a lot of work. Not really hard work but doing almost the same thing everyday  and these are
      Quality Researched Hubs
      Promote your Hubs
      Interact with HP Community
      Keep on Writing

Do this for 15months and you would give a ballpark figure of how much to expect from Google

2. yoshi97 profile image56
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your income at hubpages is directly related to your output. If you work hard at making good, quality hubs and research your keywords well, then there is no reason you can't hit $100 or more a month. However, don't expect that amount until you have been around for at least a year. smile

2. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

I don't think people like to discuss their earnings.

3. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

not supposed to talk about that wink

4. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

I dont mind discussing, but my earnings wont reflect your earnings, nor the next hubbers! (less than 6 figures more than 3)

Each persons returns are different based on their luck, research, topics, quality, marketing, optimization and output.

I would answer i more detail but you havent bothered to upload a photo yet, so Im not sure i can spare the time yet,

This topic is very, very well covered in teh forums and in hubs

The search box and google are your very best friends

5. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Depends on many things. My HP income fluctuates between 10 and 20 bucks a day, and I could relatively easy make it many times more if I decided to do so. I don't, I earn in other places, and just prefer to hang out here. smile

6. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I pay my rent with my HubPages earnings.  Granted my rent is probably less than most people's, but that was my goal and I got there.

1. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good to know - because that's my aim. A roof over my head is a great motivator.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

'k, THAT is impressive! wow.

i have a set goal in mind. it's not huge but when i get there i will feel that i have finally "arrived" wink

3. Flightkeeper profile image67
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is a wonderful thing to declare.  I hope to do that soon or at least some time in the future sooner rather than later.

4. kcnck profile image61
      kcnckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I appreciate you for reaching your goal. Well done.This will be a source of insiration for others.

7. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

It really depends on each Hub, on what people are searching for, and on whether someone uses keyword, good titles, etc.  That's why nobody can really give anyone else even a ballpark figure.  Everyone's earnings are really different, and even the same person's earning can vary.  The advice you've probably seen about "useful, well written" Hubs is correct.  Those earn more than "what-I-feel-like-saying" Hubs (but they can earn too if they have time, if you have a lot of them, and if your score isn't really low).

8. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

The only earnings that matter are your own. You are only at the beginning of a long journey if you decide to stick with it.
    There have been lots of hubs about earning. Read them and decide which bits of advice apply best to your situation. Put in a little effort, then decide if it is something that works for you.
    It may take more time and work than you are willing to give, if your primary goal is earning a lot, right away.

9. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Yes...you can make millions here, loads of money and when you do then you can own an island all to yourself...that's what I've done ....honest!!!!

Jebrantoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Always One....

1. waynet profile image69
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry couldn't resist...but being serious now!

Aiming for a realistic figure, just like Relache said, she pays her rent with her earnings, so aim small and write good stuff that only you could write and build on what you write so that you can call yourself a knowledgable writer about your subject and then filter out through all the other sub topics if you can be bothered.

I've aimed for $10 a day just to start and I'm at $8 a day with hubpages through adsense, but possible more with Ebay and Amazon combined...so set yourself some goals and aim to reach them in a realistic manner!!

10. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

The main thing to remember is that it takes time.  Unless you're already well versed in writing for the internet, or are willing to do a lot of research immediately, don't expect to earn more than a few dollars in your first few months.  Earnings are only a trickle to begin with, but they improve over time.  Patience is a virtue on HP.

11. cutedoll profile image59
    cutedollposted 14 years ago

This topic is very useful for new hubbers and it also encourages everybody here. Thanx for posting.

12. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

For me it was to reach a monthly payout.  Took me 9 months (got it in the 10th) to get the first.  Two months to get the second and now I get I'm getting it monthly.  smile  The rest is gravy.

1. Hmrjmr1 profile image67
      Hmrjmr1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been posting 6 months and seem to be tracking the KCC Big Country model, the key is the views continue to increase even on days I don't publish (I've just checked this over the last few days) So patience my friend, and keep on plugging away! smile

13. Eleanor Candy profile image66
    Eleanor Candyposted 14 years ago

Have just start writing hubs again and this thread has actually motivated me to write more. I also agree that if your hubs have good quality content and are unique you will do very well.

Good luck to everyone with their hubs.smile

14. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

Its an innocent question but its like asking a business man how long it would take you to make his earnings whithout knowing anything about the business!

I make up to $600/month with Adsense  - quite a lot of from HP - but Idont' bother distingusihing anymore because hubpages is just a small part of the picture. I've been doing this for 2 years - full-tme this year.

Jebrantoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lissie,
          I probably should have worded  question differently. Honestly I was just looking for a few real life success stories without all the selling of systems and hype from the supposed gazillionaires.

1. Dao Hoa profile image59
        Dao Hoaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You should have search the forum too. Many hubbers willing tell us all how they make the amount they got right now and how long it took them to reach their levels!sad

2. Dao Hoa profile image59
      Dao Hoaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's great that you are full time with writing. I am just glad to find a place to post my writing. I have not make any money yet smile

3. Karina S. profile image60
      Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you useAmazon and ebay also, or just Adsense

15. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

Check out my blog - link on the profile - I know what you mean -its a lot of hard work, you will work for months and see little to no return - but if you do it right you will make money if you stick with it

1. Karina S. profile image60

good advice, thanks

16. nekros729 profile image60
    nekros729posted 14 years ago

My goal is to make enough to buy a guitar every month smile

17. Mieka profile image62
    Miekaposted 14 years ago

My goal is to pay for my accomodation every week (I'm currently travelling), and to improve my writing!
    I am learning so much from the forum, and from all the hubs everyone wrote about hubbing. So thanks guys!!

18. embitca profile image84
    embitcaposted 14 years ago

I'm another full-timer and a significant part of my earnings comes from Hubpages. So it is well worth doing. If you check my profile, I link to some of the hubs I've written to help other hubbers. It does take awhile to get to this point (I've been here over 2 years now), but if you put work into it, you can achieve a lot.

19. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

I now own a jet and a gucci luggage set with my private pilot, if you know what I  mean wink  and in 6 months, thanks followers, love you, kisses.
    Kimberly

20. bozzie123 profile image60
    bozzie123posted 14 years ago

I havent earnt anything yet, but i only been here a bit :_)

1. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

1. Karina S. profile image60

me neither

21. ForTheInterim profile image63
    ForTheInterimposted 14 years ago

Thanks for all the motivation smile I'm still at the stage where I celebrate every adsense click - so I certainly can't afford rent let alone a private jet!   However I think my goal is to cover the interest on my student loans.. plus some of the principle (have to pay it down somehow!)   I'm in a highly motivated frame of mind with HubPages right now - hopefully I'll meet my goal some day!

22. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I came beack to Hubpages around 8 months ago now, and my earnings so far this month are around $200 on adsemse, but %600 on Amazon, the other advertisers are giving me negligible earnings at the moment.

As previously stated though, earnings are based on a huge amount of factors.  It is up to you to optimize your work to make the most out of it!

23. ForTheInterim profile image63
    ForTheInterimposted 14 years ago

Yeah there are so many factors ... I am aware of that. Right now I'm trying to go through old hubs, see if I can liven them up.  I don't solely write for revenue though, so it's not too disappointing, but I'd like to do what I can to maximize the potential of what I've already written.  It's all a good learning experience!

24. Blake Flannery profile image93
    Blake Flanneryposted 14 years ago

I came up with a formula for new hubbers to figure what their future earnings potential could be: (M X 12) X [(T X 12/N)/12] = E
    You'll have to find the hub to check it out.  It's titled, "Google AdSense Earnings: Estimate Your Potential Earnings."  It'll also give you an idea of how much I make, which is constantly growing.  For the past few months, my earnings growth has followed my formula's  predictions.  I would love to know if it works for others.

25. Mike Rogers profile image61
    Mike Rogersposted 14 years ago

My earnings? I made a penny yesterday... which represents my very first earnings on Hubpages smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)