high traffic no sales

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)
  1. steve1717 profile image59
    steve1717posted 14 years ago

i am experiancing a simular problem with no one buying ,have some great goods even my own shop .any ideas or tips how to turn these pages around so they start to earn..am new so all help and tips welcomed.steve g

1. earner profile image82
      earnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't want to be rude... just "as I see it"

I am very interested in your subject, but when I visited your hubs I found they had spelling/grammar errors, were poorly laid out to skim through, were confusing and quite short.

I think a lot of people are interested, but we're simple people smile

We like things to make sense to our little brains.

Good luck!

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I had the same reaction - sorry!  I thought they were about the right length, though. 

Engineers are often not that good at writing - unless it's a dry report smile  I have a feeling that may be your problem!

I recommend you put all your Hubs, AND your profile, through Microsoft Word, or some other word processor that has a spelling AND grammar checker.  Watch out for things the spellchecker won't pick up, such as "your" instead of "you're".

The grammar checkers aren't great - they can produce stilted, old-fashioned language - but that's better than sentences that runs on and on, forever, with commas, in, a, lot, of, silly places and no full stops so the reader runs out of breath long before they get to the end assuming they get that far because they've probably lost the thread of what it was about when they started so they'll have given up anyway and gone to find another article about the same subject that's easier to read.

Get my drift?

The other thing is - paying traffic comes from search engines, straight to the Hub.  They probably won't look at your profile. It would be a good idea to mention your credentials in your Hubs by adding sentences like, "as an engineer with ... years experience in this field (or whatever), I can tell you that there are much better solutions than buying a ...."   

And one more thing - you haven't been here long enough to get much search engine traffic, anyway.   It usually takes a few months to get off the ground.

2. JamesCurtis profile image61
    JamesCurtisposted 14 years ago

Where is your traffic coming from? If it's internal hubpages traffic I can imagine it is curiosity rather than any real purchasing intent. Also when you say earn are you refering to Adsense/Amazon earning or do you mean click throughs to your site leading to purchases?

3. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I just read over all four of your Hubs.  They come off like commercials and landing pages, not really offering any genuine info or substance.  To me, it's clear you're selling something but I don't feel that you actually know anything about the topic, especially as all your links just go to more selling pages.  In fact, without having clicked through anything, I'd guess you're just offering some Clickbank book eventually.

4. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

One must learn to weave a spell with their article to enchant and seduce the reading audience and leave them breathless for more of your work wink k, a lil corny, sorry lol tongue lol but am sure you understand. smile

1. PinkWeddingDresse profile image60
      PinkWeddingDresseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi, how do you "weave a spell" with your article "to enchant and seduce the reading audience and leave them breathless for more of your work"? I am genuinely interested in that. Can you write a hub about it or direct me to one? Thanks. wink

5. darkside profile image64
    darksideposted 14 years ago

I'm curious to know what your definition is of "high traffic"?

And what you would consider to be a good click thru rate.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)