I don't have any fans yet help! I'm a newbie

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Jenz T profile image60
    Jenz Tposted 14 years ago

Hiya folks,

I have just started using hubs a few months ago but i'm not entirely sure how it all works.I have been writing about some of my favourite tv shows such as Hollyoaks and also other things about life such as dating tips, interview tips, things that I believe people would find useful. I would like to know good ideas to write about and know how you get fans of your hubs as at the minute I have no fans (it's a bit embarassing really) and I see there are fans of many different people.
    I'm relatively new to this so not really sure where to begin. Any helpful suggestions would be highly appreciated as of any of those who wish to become a fan (might help boost my morale a little bit). smile  Thank you kindly.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hello.

when i was new i would see people with 50 fans and go 'wow....50 fans...i will never get there'...then i just started writing hubs and visiting people's hubs and commenting on them and visiting the forum and before you know it i started getting fans. it will happen....good luck!

2. NaomiR profile image76
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

The best way to get fans is to post on people's hubs and continue posting in the forums. If you look through the forums, you'll see tons of threads about this, where people have some great advice. Good luck!

3. Lloyd Christmas profile image54
    Lloyd Christmasposted 14 years ago

I too am new enough to Hubpages, i think what helps is the more that you are visible to the Hubpage community the greater the chance that people will find your Hubs and fan you if they like it. You should get some fans from this post, and also by viewing other peoples hubs and leaving comments, joining in the forums and fanning others you like should also help. You might take this advise with a grain of salt as i do not have too many fans myself smile.

1. profile image0
      Janettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

right on, Lloyd wink

4. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Read other people's hubs and comment. Be sure to rate their hubs as well. And now that you're here in the forums, that will help, too.

The more you participate, the more you'll integrate into the community.

Welcome!

5. Flightkeeper profile image69
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Hi Jen, read your men dating women hub.  Interesting hub, you got a fan!

6. zadrobi profile image61
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

Fresh meat! Fresh meat! Fresh meat! I mean... welcome to HP. Actually... you've been here longer than me so nice to meet you! haha

7. believeinhim profile image60
    believeinhimposted 14 years ago

Hi, I'm new as well with no fans. I'm posting daily if you'd like to read my hubs; believeinhim. I write on a vast variety of topics.
    God bless and have fun!

believeinhim

8. Newsclipper profile image67
    Newsclipperposted 14 years ago

I'm a newbie too, so thanks for the tips, everyone.

9. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Welcome to HP.

I'm sure your Fanbase will increase as your Hubs do.

http://hubpages.com/faq/

10. kmackey32 profile image62
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

wow Lady E, your fans have surly grown. Good job.

1. Lady_E profile image63
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.

Hope all is well. We haven't seen you for a while. smile

11. abcd1111 profile image60
    abcd1111posted 14 years ago

I love the idea of building exposure through reading others' hubs and commenting, but answer me this...

How do you all find the time to enter discussions, read other hubs and get any writing done?

I'm already an internet addict with a fear of leaving my computer (Apple-agoraphobia?), but I'm running out of living time.

This is my first post in the forums and I'm already anxious about one more excuse for not getting anything else done.

12. zadrobi profile image61
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

Once you post in the forums you're stuck here forever.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)