Hubbers form Central and Eastern Europe unite!

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

I wonder how many of us here on hp are there from countries in eastern and central Europe. I personally don't know of any. Why don't we get to know each other better?

2. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

I am not originally from Greece, but I certainly intend to stay in the Balkans for a long time. I am pleased to have Albanian, Romanian and Bulgarian friends smile

1. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought you were Greek by origin, but then I learned that you are probably form an English speaking country.

Thanks for posting. smile

3. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago
    1. profile image0

Thank you, Misha.

4. Jackson Riddle profile image49
    Jackson Riddleposted 14 years ago

I hope to live in Germany some day. When? Maybe in around 10 years time. For ho long? Not sure.

5. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

My roots are Hungarian of which I will always be proud of, even though I was only three when we left. Great and beautiful Canada has been my home since I was fifteen...

http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/cheerleader.gifhttp://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/cheerleader.gifYeah, let's hear it for Hungary and Canada http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/cheerleader.gifhttp://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/cheerleader.gif

1. profile image0

Woot, woot! Zsuzsy smile

I know, you told me earlier. I recognized your name immediately.
      Arra is utaltál, hogy beszélsz is magyarul. smile

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
        Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Persze hogy beszélek, irok és olvasok magyarul. (I don't know how to change my keyboard into Hungarian though)

(Naturally I speak, write and read Hungarian I just don't get much practice anymore since my parents and family are gone)
        What's up with your blog site Pacal, did you get it going? I would love to read it and practice my Hungarian (nudge nudge only if it's fitting for my old lady eyes)

Hope you're well
        regards Zsuzsy

1. profile image0

This is so nice, Zsuzsy. I have experimented with website ideas and finally I got one running, a Norwegian learning community for Hungarian speakers. I don't bother with it much, it's just there and people can use it to talk amongst themselves. I'm not learning Norwegian any more smile
          Then I failed with and English teaching site, because people had no need of it.
          I just started a personal blog (énblog) in Hungarian 3 days ago. I will email you the link. smile

6. Sophia Heresford profile image69
    Sophia Heresfordposted 14 years ago

I married a Slovak, do I count? No? I have a resume... I danced in a Slovak folk dance troupe for years, sang Slovak songs and I can swear quite well smile.

Sophia

1. profile image0

Of course, you count, Sophia! Nice to meet you. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)