I am overwhelmed

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (52 posts)
  1. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

by the kind and open hearts of my fellow hubbers and friends.  I would like to thank you for your supportive and kind words when I have needed it the most.  Your comments and emails have been a thread of hope for me today.  It is your love and words that have helped me through the night and the day. 

You have all given me a shoulder to lean on and shared your strength with me.  I am greatly humbled by your kindness.

Thank you to each and every one of you. 

Beth

1. Sexy jonty profile image59
      Sexy jontyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so as we ........ thanks for those lovely words ......

2. resspenser profile image71
    resspenserposted 14 years ago

I have 3 granddaughters from two of my three step sons. If something happened to any of them, I am not sure I could go on. You are an inspiration to others who have had similar tragedies but you are also a  champion of  courage for those of us who have been more fortunate.

Thanks again for that incredible hub.

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

You know I am here for you, Beth, always and forever now...you're stuck with me lol

*HUGS*

4. tantrum profile image58
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

It seems I have missed something ! What ever it was, my heart is with you, Beth ! smile

1. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Beth's heartbreaking and poignant story. 

http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Final-Good-Bye

5. Beth100 profile image69

@ Resspencer -- I have received more from you, fellow hubbers and friends than I can give back.  Truly, your understanding and words of comfort have helped me carry through the night and day.  I honestly don't know how I will cope with this hole in my heart.  But I know I will, as so many of you have shared your losses and shown me that the next day shines again. 

@ Crazd -- I couldn't think of anyone better to be stuck with.  smile  You have given me a great gift tonight -- laughter. *hugs back*

@ Tantrum -- I've missed you lately.  I wasn't going to take a break tonight and sign in, but I am glad that I did.  You've help me realize that life's like that, and we have choices.  Thanks Tantrum.

6. profile image0

I will do my best to always make you smile and laugh, Beth, you have my word. and if you ever need a laugh and I'm not on just email me

Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  I might just flood your box over the next few days.  Can you ship me a containerful of Kleenex?  I think I will use it all up.  Hopefully, the tears of crying will turn into tears of laughter.

7. tantrum profile image58
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

@Beth
    Glad to help ! smile

Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're very kind.  smile

8. profile image0

I'll do my best to make you shed tears of laugghing...but hopefully not so hard that your sides hurt or anything like that big_smile
    And flood away, Beth flood away.

9. Beth100 profile image69

@ Crazd -- the floodgates are wide open. 

@ SJ -- I am grateful to those who are there for me, but thank you for your kind response.

10. Beth100 profile image69

@ Rose Mary -- Thank you for your support.  Your kindness and strength help keep me going.

11. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

I read your hub. Stay strong Beth and thanks for sharing it with us.

12. profile image48
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

Just read your Hub myself Beth, you know if you want a chat where to find me, take a hug x

13. Beth100 profile image69

@ emievil -- I'm trying, really trying. 

@ Art -- Thank you and may look for you late tonight.

1. profile image48
      HealthTipposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I will make a point of being there !

14. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

(((hugs))) Beth.  Your hub is a beautiful tribute, your love is evident and strong.

15. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

I have no words to express the sorrow, any would pale in comparison to your own.
    I offer my most sincere condolences, and a prayer for your angel.

16. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

heartfelt wishes to you!you were both blessed with each others love. In his time in this earth, he was loved by you fully (as what a mothers love is), at the same time you were glorified in his love.

17. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

So very, very sorry for your loss. There is no way to make this better, and time seems to just increment forward leaving the healing process excruciating at best. Sending you kindest thoughts, hugs, and hope you'll talk to us very often. I think that's what really got me through my losses.

18. profile image0
    Revive@OwnRiskposted 14 years ago

Oh, these losses are so overwhelming when they happen. No solace, no comfort. It does bring back memories.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope that those who love and support you near and far will be enough to help you bear this. I send you my support and love, such as it is.

19. manlypoetryman profile image77
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Such sadness...Beth100...so sorry to hear of this. I left you a comment on your Hub concerning this. At first, I did not know what this was about...? Now have learned after reading the posted link over to it. I'll have many prayers to you and your family through this...and for your lil' Angel.

20. Beth100 profile image69

Jane@CM -- Love is enduring and lasts for all of time, right?  I have that to hold on to.  Thank you.

readytoescape -- Thank you for your kindness and support.

prettydarkhorse -- I have no words at the moment.  Thank you.

Daniel -- I can't seem to put the right letters to my fingertips to write the right words.  It's a difficult day today, but with your support, I can bare it a little better.  Thank you.

Revive@OwnRisk -- Thank you for your understanding and compassion.  I appreciate it your love and support, more than you will know as it is a great comfort to me.

MPM -- I just read your comment, and you are a good friend.  Thank you for being here for me.  Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.  I am at a loss of words once again.

21. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

Hey Beth, glad to see you up and about, I hope HP is helping. I know, in my far less sad situations, it has helped me.
    Some online personas can be fake, but others are real. I see you have lots of love and support here. Others have been simalarly in your place. Of course no one has ever been in YOUR place. But we love you. I know I never fanned you and I feel it would look cheap if I did now, but I have seen you here in the forums and read some of your hubs when I was someone else. If you want, you can write me sometimes, if it helps any? Just..the act of spilling out words and emotion without fear of reproach or hurting someone else's feelings can be of huge benefit. Feel free to drop me a line IF you want. If not, thats fine. Youll be in my prayers.

22. Beth100 profile image69

Justine,

Thank you for reaching out to me as a friend. HP is helping me.  Writing always has, and to be able to share is that much more healing.  At the moment, I'm in good shape.  I can't say about an hour from now...

Thanks for your prayers, and I'll be reaching out for your hand.

23. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Beth,if you ever need to talk fade2gray@rogers.com, I'm only a click away, and I mean that,keep reaching out,I share your loss.  Kimberly xo

24. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

You are threading the hard path now beth, but stay tougher than ever you'll pull through... I offer my sincerest condolence...

25. Beth100 profile image69

Kimberly - Thank you for being a good friend.  I'm not sure why, but tonight I feel a little bit of peace and serenity.  I hope it lasts longer than a short period of time.

General - When I feel despair, all I have to do is look at my other 5 angels, and I find the strength to pull up and put one foot forward.  It has been a great source of strength that you and everyone here has given me through this thread and the supportive and caring comments that are left on my hub.  Thank you.

26. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

You know I'm thinking about you.  Hang in there.

27. Beth100 profile image69

*Deep sigh*

Thank you KCC.  I thought that maybe if I played around in the forums, I'd feel a little lighter.  I've had 2 hours of no tears tonight as I spent it with my daughter.  I'm hanging in there.

28. KCC Big Country profile image84

Beth, the tears will come and go, but the time between them will lesson over time.  It's ok to cry.  Crying can be very cleansing.  Crying is a way of releasing some of the pain you're feeling inside. Someday, the tears won't sting like they do now.  They will soften and you'll remember all the good times.

29. Beth100 profile image69

KCC, oh, the flood gates are open again.  You're so right about the cleansing. It's hard to be strong in front of my other children without falling apart.  They look at me and when I'm not all together, they start to panic.  My daughter senses everything that I feel. I'm trying, I really am.

30. KCC Big Country profile image84

Beth, I know it's hard.  Truly I do.  I too had a daughter I thought I had to be strong for.  She needs to see you cry.  She needs to know it's ok to cry too.  She's grieving too.  She's going to look to you for what's ok and what's not.  You don't have to be Wonder Woman today.  Just hold her when you cry and let her know that everything is ok.

31. Beth100 profile image69

In my heart, I know what you say is true. I can't answer all their questions yet.  I'm still not able to go there.  Not yet. Maybe tomorrow.  I don't know. I'm not doing good again. I will check in again tomorrow. I think I bottled it up too long tonight.  Going to and cry for a while.  Thank you for guiding me Karen.

1. tantrum profile image58
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have to cry. Cry all you want !I will read your hub tonight and comment smile

32. KCC Big Country profile image84

Check your email Beth.

33. Beth100 profile image69

I did.  Thank you Karen.

34. KCC Big Country profile image84

You're welcome, Beth.  Have a good cry.  Check out the info and get some rest.  (((((Hugs))))))

35. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

Love, prayers and a bucket of strength headed your way.  You are an incredible lady with an obvious heart of gold. Our tears are our release so cry away - it does lessen the pain.  Blessings to you, your family and all of those whose lives you touch.

36. Beth100 profile image69

@ Karen - I'm with few words today.  Silence beckons me.  Thank you.

@ The Rope - I accept your bucket of strength with open arms.  Thank you for your support and caring words.

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Take it one minute at a time, Beth.  No need to worry beyond that.  You're doing fine.  Holler at me if you need anything.  You know I'm thinking about you.  (((Hugs)))

37. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

((Big Hug))

Praying you have the Strength to get through each day.

Take Care

xx

38. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

please know that my thoughts and prayers go with you...

39. Beth100 profile image69

@ Lady E -- Thank you for your prayers.  It's minute by minute for now.  Hoping it will go to hours by hours and longer.

@ Mitsi -- Thank you (and I've been missing you in the forums).

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I will try not to stay away so long...been very very busy with work...ready to play now though smile

40. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

May time lift your burden ever so gently from your shoulders; not removing all that encumbers you, but easing such a tremendous force to allow pain to flow into a retrospective of appreciation and understanding.
    I'm only an email away. Always.

41. Beth100 profile image69

@ Karen -- Thank you.  You've helped me greatly during the worst night I've gone through.  I will heed your advice, it is minute by minute.

@ Zadrobi -- Thank you for your sweet words.  I am leaning  on you.

@ Mtsi -- Will be ready...soon....to play too.

42. KCC Big Country profile image84

Just popping in to check on you, Beth.  Glad to see you on.  Hang in there.  I'm still thinking about you.  ((((Hugs)))))

43. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

hi beth, hows it is going for you, hang on there! and many people care about you and what youre undergoing through right now....

44. Beth100 profile image69

@ Karen -- Thank you for checking up on me.  Today is a better day.  Focussed on the children and helped give them a great fall day as it was sunny and warm.  Day's winding down, so I'll see how it goes.

@ PrettyDarkHorse -- Thank you for checking up on me, too.  I can feel everyone's love and caring surrounding me.  It has been the greatest support I have ever received.  With yours, and everyone's encouragement, I've made it through most of the day on a good note.  But the day is drawing to a close, and I'll be slowing down now.  So, we'll see....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)