Great Diet Tips

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Fashionista <3 profile image59
    Fashionista <3posted 14 years ago

Does anyone have any diet/exercise tips that have really worked for them? I am looking to lose 10 pounds in about 7-8 weeks.

1. gramon1 profile image60
      gramon1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have posted my current diet. You could loose 10 lb in 2 weeks easily with a similar diet. I have lost 18 lb in 28 days. 5 years ago, I lost 60 bl in 6 months. I sustained the weight for 2 years. But I let go, and slowly kept increasing my weight.
      The main thing is to cut fats to less than 50 grams per day and starches to a minimum. Corn Flakes, other cereals, French bread, and sandwich bread are OK in moderation. White rice is OK if you do not add too much fat to it. The fat is your enemy.
      The name of my blog is " My Sweet Diet"

2. shanekruger profile image60
      shanekrugerposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    3. Lita C. Malicdem profile image60
      Lita C. Malicdemposted 14 years agoin reply to this

[]

I do some 1,000 quick steps every morning around the house, enough to make my body sweat. Then, I rest for a while, before I eat a light breakfast. I do some exercises later in the day, too.

I just read this information from my favorite reader, Health Guide, Philippines. It is a reminder which might be of help to you.

"Did you know that your body continues to burn up calories even after you've finished exercising? That's right, up to 50% of the calories you've already used up during your workout. So if you are trying to lose weight, you'll get better returns from regular exercise than from dieting".

2. hublim profile image68
    hublimposted 14 years ago

Take a packed lunch to work and prepare it the night before.

Having your food prepared will prevent you from "just picking something up" at the deli or restaurant at lunch time.

You can prepare a much healthier lunch at home than you can get from a store.

3. Gregg Biancci profile image59
    Gregg Biancciposted 14 years ago

I just posted up a list of some tips that I currently use to help me lose weight pretty quickly.   Have a read. smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Body-Fat-Reduction-6-Easy-Tips

4. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

water, water, water...drink a glass each time you feel like heading to the kitchen and then wait 20 minutes, you may find you aren't interested anymore.

5. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

always eat after you exercise!...after exercising the body is eagerly awaiting fuels such as amino acids and carbs...

6. jperlini profile image59
    jperliniposted 14 years ago
  7. Snarky profile image59
    Snarkyposted 14 years ago

Get Off Your Ass.  Is a book by Marty Tuley.

This guy, Marty Tuley, helped me.  He has great info on ones diet and work out plans.  You can find him at: http://www.getoffyourass.biz/

Plus, I like to say, "Get off your ass!"

8. Betty Reid profile image60
    Betty Reidposted 14 years ago

I have a few exercise tips.  First, I find moderate exercise like jogging or the eliptical trainer reduces my appetite better than light exercise like walking, even if I only jog for 10 minutes.  Second, walking does help too, and you can often go for a walk on your lunch break without getting too sweaty to return to work.  Third, I do very brief intense workout in the evening, such as 20 crunches.  That seems to keep my metabolism up overnight.

9. bojanglesk8 profile image61
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

To lose fat while maintaining muscle follow a diet emphasizing high protein, low carb, and moderate fat intake.

10. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Lose weight topics always get the spam smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)