New to Hubpages, well, sorta

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (15 posts)
  1. DesignerHandbags profile image60
    DesignerHandbagsposted 14 years ago

Hello All!!!

This is my first post on the forums, I looked around for an INTRODUCE YOURSELF post, but I couldn't find one, so I'm planting myself right here. Although I made my hubs almost a year ago, I abandoned them, got a job, quit the job, and find myself back working for myself.

I have cleaned up my hubs over the past week, read a lot of tips on this forum and applied a lot of them to my hubs. I'm hoping I'm heading in the right direction and look forward to making some friends on my , well, new journey wink

Looking forward to being a part of the Hub family and appreciate any advice I get along the way!

Your friend

Jennifer wink

2. mistywild profile image60
    mistywildposted 14 years ago

Welcome back!

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ditto.

3. fratjoe18 profile image60
    fratjoe18posted 14 years ago

Welcome, I just joined about a week ago, and it has been great. I have met a lot of nice people on here.

4. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

nice to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay smile

5. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Welcome, Jennifer and Fratjoe!

1. fratjoe18 profile image60
      fratjoe18posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Habee:)

6. DesignerHandbags profile image60

Thank You Misti, Habee, BC, Cagsil and Frat!!!!

When I posted this Friday night I was in the middle of working on my hubs, I had no idea they were invisible for the last few days while they were being resubmitted. Looks like all 10 are back up and running!

Look forward to making some new friends here at Hubpages!!!!

Jennifer wink

7. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

welcome to the two of you, Jennifer and Fratjoe!

8. Siotosh profile image60
    Siotoshposted 14 years ago

Hi Jennifer / Everyone
    Thanks for starting this topic, I too was looking for an intro post. I'm a new Hubber, I've been here just over a week.
    William

9. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Well jennifer you are at a great place.

The people here are more friendly then any forum I have ever been a member of.

Feel free to ask questions but also search other Hubs for great advice.

There are many great Hubbers who write great Hub advice hubs.

I look forward to heading over and looking at your hubs.

Cheers

10. DesignerHandbags profile image60

thanks Dale, Pretty and Sio!!!

Thanks Guys, and WELCOME to you SIOTOSH!!!

Dale, your right about this being the friendliest forums around. I mistakenly tried the forum at that Squid place recently, and when I introduced myself in the wrong thread, I was berated by the old timers who almost have a mob like mentality it seemed.

I was very uncomfortable there and decided I wouldn't spend anytime there if that's how they treat a newbie. I came back to Hubpages because of the help from a fellow Hubber, and thought this place seems like a great place to share and grow.

I am SOOOOO GLAD I came back,

Jenny wink

11. Dao Hoa profile image60
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

Welcome back Jenny.

I agree with everyone that the hubbers are very welcoming here. I am also a newbie and I am glad you started this intro post. Looking foward to reading your hubs.

12. DesignerHandbags profile image60

Doa Hoa,

Welcome and WOW to your hubs, the H1N1 hub was fasinating, you have a special talent for sure.....

Jenny

13. DesignerHandbags profile image60

Just wanted to give a shout out to all the hubbers who have come to offer me some tips and advice these last few days. I appreciate all of your comments and help, and hope someday to be able to pass on to future newbies,

Jennifer wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)