Why are Religious Believers Scared?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (79 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

Why are religious believers scared and fearful to admit they are in a separatist belief system? Because it challenges faith?

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

????? what is this all about????
      Please clarify.

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Their belief teaches they are favored through belief. It also teaches them to separate from non believers / individuals because non believers challenge faith. Also, promises of a favored afterlife for their belief over others belief.

2. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True followers of the teachings of Christ are not separatists.
      The doors should always be open as long as we leave our sour baggage outside. It is those that want to bring their stuff in with them that separate themselves.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And, what have you been smoking today? lol

1. profile image0
          sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're always welcome also!

Thank you kind sir and ma'am.(two people in pic) lol

1. profile image0

You're in trouble now thats my son! He's an in your face soccer player majoring in chemistry.

Oops. Sorry, new flat screen, picture small. lol

2. Jane@CM profile image60
                Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Soccer players are smart!  I have an in your face soccer playing daughter, who is an Engineering major.

....back to regularly scheduled thread...

lol lol lol lol

2. Jerami profile image58
            Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you was from around I'd be there.  Sounds like it is a place that I'd like to be.

2. profile image0
          lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I swear not a thing I tell ya, I swear lol

lol

2. marinealways24 profile image59

"If you are not with me, you are against me" Courtesy of Jesus. Your interpretation?

1. profile image0

Nothing like that.

3. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, because their religion makes no sense at all.  First, god makes the world, then the Garden of Eden then Adam and Eve.  He places the tree of knowledge right where they can get to it and then tells them NOT to eat from it.  Apparently, he cannot see the future or he doesn't know anything about women. 

They get kicked out of the garden and Cain slew Abel because God preferred mutton to turnips.  Cain found a wife somewhere or committed incest with his sister, according to some.  They populate the world and most offspring are sinful.  God is sorry he made them and destroyed them with a flood.  He apparently didn't foresee this either or just liked killing people.

He then changed his mind again and allowed his son ( he didn't have a wife so he got another man's wife pregnant, we call this adultery) to die painfully but no big deal because he brought him back to life anyway.  Some sacrifice huh!  But now no more animal sacrifices have to be made. 

This was big!  You see, most common people could not afford to sacrifice sheep or cattle because they cost too much.  So you had to be pretty wealthy in those days to believe in God and make it to heaven.  As Cain found out, nothing else would satisfy this deity.

I could go on but you get the idea.  Apparently all of these illogical acts by this omnipotent deity bothers few of the believers.  Jim Jones took a lot of these people south with him.

Well said. lol Nicely written. big_smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image60

Thanks, it's in the book!

lol This was excellent. So, how does a logical mind believe these things?

You have to ignore logic completely and immerse yourself fully into taking other human being's word for it and potentially end up drinking kool-aid while sharing it with your wife and kids.

1. profile image0
            Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't folks berry blast Kool-aid is pretty good.

Some like it with arsenic!

1. profile image0
                Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Arsenic, sugar it all goes down smooth.

True, believers will swallow anything.

Without even tasting it first!

2. Cagsil profile image70

LMAO

lol Works for me.

4. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow, dude
      faith is scary.   are you ok? whats up lately?

Yes, I just found faith that I am saved! again

1. sooner than later profile image59
          sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

stink bait.

1. profile image0
            Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

????????

2. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

You're welcome at our table and in our church anytime you'd like to come' no strings.

Just because I am welcome at your church doesn't mean you don't believe you will have a favored afterlife while I burn in hell. Is this equality?

3. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Oh, nice, Cags.

Well, what did you expect? His statement made less than no sense. It tip-toes around Marine's OP and doesn't add any value to the conversation.

Plus, you see the smilie face...it's called laughing. Because, in a unique way, I found what he said funny.

Anything else I can do for you?

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, do you do windows? lol

On occassions.. lol

1. profile image0

That's good otherwise we'd have to let you go.... big_smile

Hmm...that insinuates I work for you, which I don't. I work for myself. Ironic, no?

lol lol

1. profile image0

You are Canadian, yes? big_smile

No, actually. I was born in springfield, mass. USA., 41 years ago.

My family's ancestors are from Canada. Yes.

4. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

"If you are not with me, you are against me" Courtesy of Jesus. Your interpretation?

I thought he said that if they are not against me then they are with Me. or something like that.   I could be wrong??

Respectfully, You are wrong.

"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me, scatters" (Luke 11:23).

1. profile image0

Why do you care? Do enjoy trying to make Christians look stupid? I got to go bible teach I'll see you later.(they're adults that all ready believe, no indoctrination)

Indoctrination was completed upon your confirmed belief. It began when you were smaller, as a child. It only makes sense.

Just pointing out how 'religion' has grown over the years. Nothing to do you personally.

Nope. Have a good night.

5. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

So, if Jesus were around today, do you think he would cut his hair or leave like his favorite picture?

My opinion, I'd bet he would keep it. lol

6. marinealways24 profile image59

¶Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee. What shall we have therefore? Jesus saith,

Ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

There is not a man that hath forsaken houses, or father, or mother, or brethren, or sisters, or wife, or children, or lands, for the kingdom of God's sake, for my sake and the gospel's, but he shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

7. marinealways24 profile image59

Verily I say unto you, every one that hath left house, or father, or mother, or brethren, or sisters, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, and the gospel's, shall receive manifold more in this present time: houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and shall inherit life everlasting in the world to come.

8. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

And the Interpretation or Perception of that is what?

Reward and favoritism through faith in Jesus! I believe!

9. spiritactor profile image60
    spiritactorposted 14 years ago

Maybe it IS a lack of faith, or belief, that causes fear to fester to begin with. All religions seem to point towards the greater value of looking inside of ourselves for answers rather than constantly outside of ourselves. Those who constantly look outside of themselves for the answers to life's questions constantly miss the target, in my perspective.

#1: Belief in The Pure Self Within (?)

It's a matter of faith.

10. marinealways24 profile image59

"If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honor." Jesus

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wouldn't serving him, be the same as being Christ-like concerning ones behavior towards others?  Most people may follow Jesus, but VERY FEW actually serve him.

No, serving would be a slave to believe what he tells you to believe.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
          IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"serving would be a slave to believe........?" Huh?  You lost me.

I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you saying only few believers actually get into heaven rather than all of them?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)