A question about score.

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)
  1. 01i profile image74
    01iposted 14 years ago

I have written 3 hubs, and have 1 saved, waiting to be finished. I was wondering if the process of writing hubs over a period of time was bad for your scores.

My first hub was written in one go, and currently has a score of 64. My second is currently up to 63, but when I first published it, it was down at below 50. My other hub is still below 50 having been at 47 when it was published. The hub that I have that is not yet published, has already dropped to 47 from the 50 points it started with.

I have noticed, that the more I edit my hubs, the more my personal hub rating and the ratings of the hubs I am writing, goes down.

With regards to my personal score, I am even more confused. It has been dropping quite fast since I signed up yesturday. At the time of writing this, my account is 26 hours old, with 3 hubs and 5 fans. I have two hubs that are picking up score quickly, but only have a personal score of 24.

[edit] Posting this article reduced my personal score to 23. I dont understand [/edit]

Is the fact that I am writing my article over the course of several sessions, causing the system to assume that I am trying to increase my views, and marking me down for it?

If that is the case, why does editting unpublished hubs cause loss of score?

1. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

01i - try not to worry or concern yourself with your score at this stage. You've been here just over one day so your score will be a little skewy to start with.

Lots of things make your hubber score fluctuate but the two links below will take you to hubs written by Darkside - and they'll bring you up to speed with both your hubberscore and the hubscore.

Hope they help and welcome to HubPages big_smile

Hubscore

Hubberscore

2. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Ok...

You're very new so your scores are all going to be pretty low right now. That's normal. They will go up I promise. Just be patient. While publishing hubs does have an effect on your overall score, often it takes a while for your actions on the site to be reflected. By participating in the forums, which you are doing, and by rating and commenting on others hubs, your score will continue to go up.

You can publish your hubs however you'd like..one here and there or a couple a day. Sometimes publishing several in one day can cause your score to suffer a little and fanning sprees(fanning more then 10 people in a matter of minutes) will always cause it to plummet.

A newly published hub will always start with a low rank. Usually around 50 but will go up on its own. Page views and ratings, comments etc will help too.

Editing your hubs is always a good idea and will not negatively affect your score, so keep it up!

Your views to your own hubs won't negatively affect your score either, so don't worry--you can take as long as u need to finish a hub.

Welcome to hubpages and I hope you enjoy your time here! Keep asking questions here in the forum and try doing a search under hubs to find a lot of useful info, too!! big_smile

1. Himitsu Shugisha profile image71
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great explanation...your comments help me as well!!

3. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

As the others have said, don't worry about your score.  It will go up in a few days, based only on the fact that your Hubs are "normal looking" (not spam, for example).

It seems to me that every time I do just about anything to any Hubs my score drops a little for a day or so.  Hubs start out with a low score and have to work their way up.  With someone new, nobody knows they're on here, so there's no traffic (that kind of thing).  Three days from you'll have a different score.  Two weeks from now it will probably be even more different.  Writing more good Hubs is always better than writing fewer.

4. 01i profile image74
    01iposted 14 years ago

Thanks for that. I was just a little concerned that my score seemed to be going down rather than up lol.

I am actually really enjoying writing hubs. I'm going to go for the 30+ hubs in 30 days challenge I think.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)