Tiger Woods Affair

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (66 posts)
  1. thirdmillenium profile image59
    thirdmilleniumposted 14 years ago

Tiger Woods perhaps is more well-known than any other sportsman globally right now. And, the richest. Is it any wonder that he had affairs?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

NO, my God even the poorest guy have another woman etc,, he is a human being afterall,

1. maverickmonk profile image61
        maverickmonkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it doesnt depend on rich and poor dear.. it depends on the persons mentality...

1. alexandriaruthk profile image69
          alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

when you are rich the women are like magnets, only a stone can refuse them, but he needs to shape up, he is a role model to the youth

2. dejajolie profile image61
        dejajolieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

exactly and now the count is up to 9!!!

2. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

His affairs really tell volumes as to why he wished to keep his life intensely private.

1. Himitsu Shugisha profile image71
        Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that's necessarily the reason he wanted to keep his personal life private. Even if he were the most faithful husband in the world, I get the sense that a man that is constantly in the spotlight for his athletic prowess, would welcome a little privacy when it comes to his family - as most of us would.

1. rhamson profile image71

It has been reported for many years that Tiger Woods has been almost reclusive with regard to his privacy.  More so than even Michael Jackson.  With reports saying as many as nine mistress' were involved, how could this have taken place with any usual celebrity scrutiny?

1. Himitsu Shugisha profile image71

I guess don't understand what you're asking/saying. Are you implying that there should have been more attention paid to him? Or that the media was aware and they looked the other way?

I think the latter would be more true than the former.  It could be a combination of both.  Tiger did grant interviews occasionally but they were under his total control and maybe the possible prize interview kept most media off the trail.  Mind you we would not be talking about this had he been able to control his Escalade.  The media did not break this story,  unfortunately for Tiger his poor driving did.

1. profile image57
                C.J. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't you think the media is playing the gotcha game here? Like its "payback" time......you avoided us, now we are dogging you? Whats sad about all of this is that someday his children will be reading all of this.

Well now that the cat is out of the bag so to say.  But I really think when the police and club totting wife got involved there was no way this thing wouldn't blow up in his face. The media are like sharks with something like this and they don't want to miss out on the meal.

2. Himitsu Shugisha profile image71
    3. profile image0
      Writer Riderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No. Let's take a look at the facts:
      1. He's a jock
      2. His first name is tiger
      3. He's handsome so he probably attracts hundreds of women
      4. He's a famous athlete so he probably attracts hundreds of women.
      5. He's a rich famous athlete so he probably attracts hundred of women.
      6. His wife is beautiful which shows he has an eye for eyecandy...and probably has a sex addiction.
      7. He's a jock. Don't need to say more.

1. barryrutherford profile image74
        barryrutherfordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And His Major Sponsor is NIKE  Who's motto is  JUST  DO  IT !

1. profile image0

That's pretty funny. To be fair, though, anything involving an excessive amount of adrenalin and testosterone would naturally involve some sexual addictions. Doesn't make Tiger a bad human being.

4. cblack profile image57
      cblackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I feel sorry for his wife. I don't know how she could possibly stick around.

2. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Yup rich or poor, you can have an affair! Don't matter....he just happens to be in the publics eye.

3. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

An affair is always bad, but let him learn his lessons, sometimes you need to fall down to get up, not surprising that he has an affair, he is up to stressful sports, we all have stressful lives, good man are rare nowadays, but he is not perfect too

1. K Partin profile image60
      K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sad part is allot of people thinks he's perfect! And a good role model for our kids? Come on now!

1. alexandriaruthk profile image69
        alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

he needs guidance definitely,and get in shape, sad part really is that yes he is a role model for the youth, I agree with that

1. K Partin profile image60
          K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't matter who you are if you are a role model for our kids, man or woman you need to step up and earn that right to be a good role model. No one is perfect for sure, but you need to just live a good life.

2. Himitsu Shugisha profile image71

I don't know that this makes him any less of a role model, just makes him a bad husband.

4. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

parents should be the first role models, of course, then throughout life other people, such as teachers, etc.

calling someone 'role model' just because they are rich or famous is ridiculous.

1. profile image0
      abiscardiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I couldnt agree with you more cosette

2. profile image57
      C.J. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! The media and marketeers create "role models" today, unfortunately...

5. blogdigz profile image57
    blogdigzposted 14 years ago

Celebrities live in glass house...

6. RevLady profile image60
    RevLadyposted 14 years ago

I think sports figures are by nature "role models" in the sense of having developed athletic skills and qualities that made it possible for them to achieve the level of success they have in the sport: diligence, perseverance, even temperament, team player, the value of training, respect for colleagues, fair play and sportsmanship, grace under stress, the pursuit of excellence, and so forth.

Thus, these are the qualities worthy of emulating that relates to the sport.

Just my thoughts.

7. Mrs.Nita profile image61
    Mrs.Nitaposted 14 years ago

Tiger Woods is definitely a great athlete who has fallen under pressure.  In no way shape form or fasion should he or any other person in the public eye be looked at as perfect.  This is the problem with onlookers,we tend to imagine that celebrities have these great lives with this perfect temperment;and when they mess up they become the center of ridicule.  It's sad.  I don't condone cheating, it's wrong and that's how people get hurt.

8. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image86
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 14 years ago

He should have known he would get caught. He's rich and famous. Makes for a very nice target of blackmail and controversy. I think it's pretty funny that his wife beat the crap out of him with his golf clubs.

9. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

He's changing his name to Lion Cheetah

10. Ron Montgomery profile image61

He was penalized for playing the wrong holes.

11. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Why did he hit both the fire hydrant and the tree?

He couldn't decide between a wood and an iron.

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats funny also!

12. Ron Montgomery profile image61

What's the diffrence between a Titleist and an Escalade?

Tiger can drive a titleist more than a few feet.

13. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I think he loves golf, the sport, and the opportunities it has given him. If sex is another thing he loves, thats fine, great for him. Just don't get married then. There are plenty of athletes who are wealthy and have their way with many women. But if his wife isn't cool with it, then maybe he shouldn't have gotten married.

14. profile image57
    lilbra85posted 14 years ago

First off ladies n gentlemen we need 2 look at ourselvez be4 we look at otha peoplez livez. Nun of us iz perfect; put urselfz n hiz shoez, if n e body here wuz a celebrity wat would da media have 2 say or found out bout ur everyday lifestyle? U may c nutin wrong wit it but otha peoplez mite disagree. Wat he did wuz wrong n a sin against God, but cum on many of us haz done sumthin n da dark, we jus aint got caught ^ yet.

First off ladies and gentlemen we need to look at ourselves before we judge other peoples lives. None of us are perfect; put yourselves in his shoes, if anybody here was a celebrity what would the media have to say or found out about your lifestyles? You may see nothing wrong with it but other people might disagree, it's only a matter of everybodies opinions and beliefs. What he did was wrong a sin in the eyes of God; but that's just it God's eyes, only he can judge. We are to observe, learn, and teach from the lessons and mistakes others and most important ourselves have made. In the end in honest truth not a person here has not done something in the dark that nobody knows about, we just have not been caught yet.

just a translation yes I'm educated just have a unique way of writing luv first hate lata.

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
      Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HubPages.

Yes, please continue to post without text speak.  If you are educated, show it.  Sorry, but it's not a "unique way of writing". It's lazy.  I mean all this with the best of intentions.  To your success here hubbing. smile

15. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

"First off ladies n gentlemen we need 2 look at ourselvez be4 we look at otha peoplez livez. Nun of us iz perfect; put urselfz n hiz shoez, if n e body here wuz a celebrity wat would da media have 2 say or found out bout ur everyday lifestyle? U may c nutin wrong wit it but otha peoplez mite disagree. Wat he did wuz wrong n a sin against God, but cum on many of us haz done sumthin n da dark, we jus aint got caught ^ yet. "

Can you please translate that into English?

1. profile image57
      lilbra85posted 14 years agoin reply to this

read the bottom half I did I just have a different style of writing

16. Uninvited Writer profile image78

I agree...too much work smile

17. Coach Raidbard profile image60
    Coach Raidbardposted 14 years ago

The whole Tiger words saga isn't surprising to me because in our culture today it seems like only a matter of time before those we put up on a pedestal fall from grace, but I was saddened by the news of Tiger Woods indiscretions. It is his life and I am not condemning him for his actions I guess I just thought that we was above the fray and lived the perfect life it appeared he was. Ultimately though tiger is human and made a mistake that none of his fans or members of the media has a right to judge him on until they've walked a mile in his shoes.

18. barryrutherford profile image74
    barryrutherfordposted 14 years ago

The tiger has a tale and the media want to tell all about the tail...(~)

19. pddm67 profile image60
    pddm67posted 14 years ago

An affair with one woman - I could understand - maybe even two women - but now we're up to 10+ women. I'm sorry - but athlete or not, millionaire or not, the man is a douche bag. ANY man would be a douche bag in the same situation, celebrity or not. There is NO excuse. If you can't keep it in your pants - don't get married. 

Now - before you all go hating on me - that's just MY opinion. We can agree to disagree.

1. profile image0

Why would I hate you? If you think I'm intolerant of other people's opinions than that's just your misunderstanding...I'll consider something that's logical and disregard those that are not (I'm a bit cut and dry like that). If he's a douchebag then alcoholics and drug addicts are douchebags. He obviously has a problem and needs professional intervention to control it.

1. pddm67 profile image60
        pddm67posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not you in particular :-) I just know how these forums can get sometimes - lol.

If he in fact does have an addiction, then that's a whole different issue. I automatically placed him in a group that consisted of weathy men with power and notoriety, who feel that they can do what they want, regardless of who they hurt, just because of what they have and who they are. As they say - power corrupts - and in many different ways. There are many of those out there - they are the douche bags. 

If he so happens not to fall into this category, they I stand corrected. But - that is still up to debate at this time.

20. Uninvited Writer profile image78

Of course, we know that not every woman who says they had an affair with him will be telling the truth.

Basically, it's none of my business, it's between him and his wife.

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And a 9 iron.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

1. profile image0
          sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good to see you smile!

2. Jane@CM profile image60
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

21. profile image0
    RFoxposted 14 years ago

There is no justifiable reason for cheating and lying. IMHO.

If you love having sex with lots of women either don't get married or marry someone who's cool with having an open relationship. Lots of women out there who would be happy to be Tiger's wife and maintain an open sexual relationship.

And we need to stop putting people on pedestals. No-one is perfect. We cannot expect perfection in humanity. We can ask for honesty though from ourselves and those in our lives.

That's all we can do. :-)

1. profile image0

That would further perpetuate the addiction.

1. profile image0
        RFoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If it is an addiction. We don't know if it's an addiction or not. None of us know the truth except what Tiger has admitted to himself publicly.

And I've had partners with addictions. I know a lot about them. It was still a choice for him to deceive his wife instead of being honest to himself and about himself.

1. profile image0

Having a sex addiction is like being a drug addict. You must have your drug of choice because you want the high and you can't help yourself...that's what makes it an addiction. If they could help it, it wouldn't be an addiction.

1. profile image0

Yep, I understand that. I'm not saying  if he has a sex addiction that he can stop himself.

What I'm saying is that he chose to be dishonest about it. There are lots of people with addictions who respect their partner enough to fess up. To be honest and not lie about the truth of who they are.

1. profile image0

They are healthy addicts. In order to get better, a person with any type of addiction must admit that they have one and that's usually a problem. I have a friend who still won't admit he's an alcoholic and he's stumbling down a cliff.

22. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Hi Rachelle. Loooooooooooooooong time wink

1. profile image0

Yep, it's been quite the tragic year for me. Thought I'd stop by and see what's going on in Hubland. haha.

Couldn't resist commenting on this.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nooo, what happened?

1. profile image0

Life happened. My partner passed away. But my life is back on track again. Just took a break from everything for awhile to heal. And speaking of life I must go teach tonight! smile

So I will see where this Tiger discussion is when I get back. Nice to see you're still around here Misha! big_smile

1. Misha profile image63
            Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh shit... Well, I know you are a strong soul, glad you are back to life. And my condolences, no doubt it was a hard period for you. smile

1. profile image0

Thanks Misha! Now I really should get to work. smile

23. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

By your reasoning anyone with fame and money is unfaithful.

24. profile image0
    Writer Riderposted 14 years ago

Personally, I say having an affair with two or three women is a sign of douchebaggery. Having an affair with 8 or 20 women is a sign something bigger is wrong...like a sex addiction.

25. barryrutherford profile image74
    barryrutherfordposted 14 years ago

In light of the Tiger Woods Affair(s) rumour is that The Brilliant Golf Player's Major Sponsor is about to change its brand name.

Instead of  NIKE & it's motto JUST DO IT !

THe new name will Be  PIKE & it's new motto  DON'T  DO IT !

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)