eBay is Haten on me. Assistance needed...

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)
  1. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

Ok, here's the problem. I signed up for eBay Partner Network, I have my account and everything. I then went to at least one of my Hubs and put eBay capsules in it. I have it so they pull randomly (not using a seller id). The affiliate code I put in is my own campaign (under make new campaigns).  So, I went along for a week. Now, I know people-even new visitors visited that page. Not a single impression, click, or buy is in my eBay account. Now really, I know people may not have clicked, and people may not have bought something...BUT WHY ISN'T IT COUNTING IMPRESSIONS? Please someone help, a Hubteam member or something-I really need it because if it isn't even pulling impressions I can't hope for anything to come from it...

2. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 15 years ago

I just looked through a few of your hubs, and I only see Amazon capsules.

thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This is the one I have with eBay ones in them Maddie.
      http://hubpages.com/hub/MMORPG-What-the … hould-play

I didn't add them to the rest yet because I got the partnership account later on. Thats just the first one I edited. Nonetheless since I added that those 2 ads have been on that page for at least even 5 impressions, I know its more then that but thats not the point =\

Wish i known that reason, still would be nice to see if it's working right or not before I use it too much ya know =\...

3. Whitney05 profile image85
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

Search the ebay forums; not all clicks and tools generate an impression. I forget the reason behind it, but there is one.

I have hundreds of clicks and a small handful of impressions.

As for buys, remember most auctions are 7 day; for that you'll have to give it time.

Here's another thread someone started just a few days ago: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/5766

4. Whitney05 profile image85

If your ebay id code is copied and pasted properly, there shouldn't be any reason as to why it's not working. It may take a while to get revenue from ebay, so with only one hub using the ebay capsules, it's going to be hard to figure out if it's working or not. But, in general, if you inputed the ID right, then there should be no reason as to why it wouldn't be working.

5. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

I just had an idea, maybe one of you can answer it, I send a thing to eBay but they will take 2 days to respond (probably more...there so slow.) If you don't fill in the payment and tax information will it not collect impressions, clicks, etc.? Because sites like Google Ad Sense says that information doesn't need to be given till you get to $10 or something like that, could that be the case?

6. Whitney05 profile image85

I've filled in all the payment and tax information, as well as made over $90 with the program. I don't think that has anything to do with the impressions. There are tons of other users who have made much more than me with EPN who still see few impressions.

If you search on the ebay discussion forums, you'll find the answer as to what tools actually have counting impressions. I just can't remember what actually counts for impressions. It's not going to hurt you to not have impressions.

Again, I have over hundreds of clicks and a small handfull of impressions. Example being the last time I actually looked at the impression I had 800 clicks and about 50 impressions.

7. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 15 years ago

You will not see any impressions in the stats from eBay capsules on HubPages.  You will only see data on clicks.  With the amount of traffic you've gotten to your one hub with eBay on it, it's not particularly surprising that you've seen any clicks yet.

Thank You for clarifying the impression issue.

8. Whitney05 profile image85

In reference to what Paul said... Like I said, it's going to take a good while for you to see revenue using just one hub to test out the capsules... ;-)

You just have to trust that they work and start updating some hubs. :-)

I'm slowly (feel like a turtle) adding them to more Hubs, I also add them to all my new ones now.

Just want to say thanks for your help Paul and Whitney smile I appreciate it ^_^

9. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 15 years ago

For most authors eBay and Amazon are very minor sources of income compared to AdSense.  If the products aren't relevant to your content you may actually make more total money by leaving the Amazon and eBay capsules off.  It's worth experimenting with anyway ...

10. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

I've taken Amazon off a lot of my Hubs.  I realise that because the Amazon ads are such pretty colours, they may be enticing readers to click them before they'd click an Adsense ad - and yet they seem to be less likely to buy.

I've left my eBay ads on because I haven't been a member very long so I'm willing to let those ride and see how they do for a while.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)