Believer ot non Believer

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (37 posts)
  1. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 14 years ago

Who really cares you believe what you want to believe and I will believe in what I want to believe and we canget on with our lives.
    who cares if I dont share your beliefs or if you dont share mine
    no point in fighting over it which is all that I see happening in this forum day in day out.
    YOUR RELIGION IS YOUR RELIGION MY RELIGION IS MINE.
    I dont try to convert you so why try to convert me
    peace out.....jimmy
    p.s i appologise for the spelling error in the forum title

1. Paraglider profile image87
      Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jimmy - what a surprise to see you here! But good to see you wherever you wander smile

2. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting thread. IN the RELIGION forum. hmm

Just eliminate the topic.
      Or, better yet, stay out of the topic.

I agree, it would be REALLY NICE, to just "talk", or debate. But it always seems to degenerate. IMO, derailed by zealous, aggressive non-believers. Actually, ANTI-believers. Or whatever, I hate labels. It's not labels that argue, it's people.
      Ah well. Doubt it will change anytime soon. big_smile

3. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hear!Hear!

2. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I don't believe in anything.
    But yes, you can tell that to all the believers that continually shove their beliefs down our throats.
    I'm fed up being called a sinner, a lost soul ,and what have you.
    and then if you say something to them,they cry like babies and report!
    God !! lol

3. DogSiDaed profile image60
    DogSiDaedposted 14 years ago

Nice, although I fear once 'they' get here a fight may still ensue on this thread.

4. jimmythejock profile image84

Just for the record I have a religion but who really cares which one .....jimmy

1. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That depends, is your religion trying to influence government policies, is it trying to push the agenda of creationism in schools, is it lobbying for anti-abortion or anti-gays?

If it is a religion that stays behind closed doors and does not push it's influence on society, then fill your boots.

If it does push it's influence, then we have a problem.

5. kess profile image59
    kessposted 14 years ago

It does matter sir,

I for for one care that people find themselves.

It should not about converting from one religion to their religion.

But finding the reality of life within oneself.

It is all about engaging one's mind to reason within themselves, what they  then see will determine the quality of their life now and forever.

jimmythejockposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why would it matter to you if you have your beliefs good for you, it is not your problem if someone doesnt believe in the same thing as you do let them live how they want......jimmy

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A lot of believers seem to not believe this.

I am also to blame. I should stop responding to them I know. I can't seem to resist. sad

My only excuse is - I am bored. I am actively looking for offline work and hope to not spend 10 hours a day in front of a frigging electric box soon.

Soon.

2. kess profile image59
        kessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are those who are still seeking.
        Good for you if you are not.

2. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a wonderful life, thank you !
      I sure found myself ages ago!

You're missing something. Maybe you're lost ? hmm

1. kess profile image59
        kessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe you

1. tantrum profile image61

Well!! that's great ! Because it's true ! smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

6. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Typo aside, I found it refreshing to see someone use the term, "non-believer", as opposed to more commonly used (on here anyway), "unbeliever".  lol  It drives me nuts when I see "unbeliever".  lol

7. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

If humankind didn't invent 'religion', then this wouldn't even be a discussion and everyone wouldn't have a belief in whatever it is that they have a belief in.

It's actually sad, how Humankind is looked at? It shows there are too many people walking around aimless, lost and completely ignorant of their own life.

I'll leave it there. Because, I know what I said, is more than likely going to get a response, as usual. big_smile

8. jimmythejock profile image84

Mark you know how to set the bait lol and people bite every time, you are one of my Hubber Hero's.....jimmy

Hey Tantrum, I really want to join your fanclub but i dont want to be accused of doing so because of your picture lol....jimmy

1. tantrum profile image61

i'll be waiting
      If you feel insecure about it, I can recommend a shrink ! big_smile

jimmythejockposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ok i join because i believe in the power of you Hubs HALLELUJA!!!

2. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol

1. profile image0
          lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol

9. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

Hi,

What a loaded question!

I do have my faith and I do consider myself to be a christian. Those beliefs guide me and give me hope in my life.

That said, I don't believe I have tried to force my beliefs upon anyone. Threads about other religions or nonreligions that focus on fighting over it don't appeal to me. So I rarely participate. I must add that there are hubbers on both sides that I have had positive interactions with, too. When I look at hubbers I don't see them defined by their beliefs. Just how friendly they are.

BTW there are so many terms used to identify what ones believe or don't, I never know which to respectfully use.

Just my thoughts, Holly

10. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Very Holly! Thanks !! smile

11. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

Well, I for one see an importance of sharing one's beliefs with others. It helps us to further define and refine our selves, as well as doing the same for others. I believe we are on this planet to do just that smile

It gets boring and tiresome when human egos get in the way and start the problems in communication. My thought is that we all need to get better at learning to communicate, to help our souls evolve...but it does nothing but harm when the ego starts to run the show and afflict others consistently. We can learn from arguments, but not if we don't think that we can, and just argue egotistically for the sake of arguing.

smile

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
      h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh I agree - there is a difference between communicating and arguing, etc. Sharing is cool, but sharing means you have something to give that the other party wants. To me that means I should be able to identify what I believe without being attacked, nor should I beat people with it. If someone asked me about my beliefs (like this thread) it is an opportunity to share. Holly smile

12. dotslash profile image68
    dotslashposted 14 years ago

It would be good if everyone was just allowed to believe or not believe in peace.

Unfortunately if you're part of most organised religions you are actively required to convert everyone else.  Whether that's just knocking on doors all the way to a violent jihad and waging wars against infidels and non-believers.

But also our lives are so intermingled it's not so easy to ignore sometimes.  When your children are taught biblical gibberish at schools, when people are dying from aids or other diseases because their religious leaders deny them the right to treatment on some spurious interpretation of a gospel.

And frankly in countries where a high degree of religious tolerance exists it is rarely reciprocated by the religions themselves from what I've seen.

People are all different and should be allowed to choose their own paths but unfortunately the majority (but possibly not all) of religions don't seem too keen on that.

13. dotslash profile image68
    dotslashposted 14 years ago

Hmmm I think you'll find it's actually the Religion and Belief forum, possibly you shouldn't change the forum name just so you can attack someone?

Why say it would be nice to debate and talk then lay into someone for a technicality (that you've got wrong)

Best wishes from a "zealous, aggressive non-believer"

14. angelicwarriors profile image73
    angelicwarriorsposted 14 years ago

Personally I am a believer, with that being said it doesn't make me any better than anyone else. I am no biblical scholar, but I do have my own set of beliefs.

Now since I have my beliefs I may think that you're misguided in yours, but don't you think I'm misguided in my beliefs based upon what you believe. That doesn't mean we can't get along or have discussions on the topic it just means we have different beliefs.

Yes I am a Christian, I believe the Bible to be the true word of God, and that I am to be a light unto the world and spread the gospel I don't feel it gives me a right to attack anyone's belief's. Or to verbally attack anyone personally just because they don't believe what I believe.

So I hope that as I spend more time here that I get to know some of you on a personal level, and that some of you may get to know me. All that I ask is that you respect my beliefs and in return I will respect you.

1. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is a contradiction. You can't have your own set of beliefs and then make claim the bible is the true word of god. Your beliefs therefore are not your own, they are the beliefs of your god.

It's not possible to respect your beliefs if you're going to spread around the world as that would be disrespect to others beliefs.

15. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

As many of you know I do believe but I certainly do not try to make others believe in what I do, sometimes I do defend my own beliefs but it is not to harm anyone. I have to continue to always work on me so it is not my place to try to sway anyone to change there own perceptions, thoughts or beliefs. smile All of us should get along but all of us know that is not going to happen or is it? smile

1. marinealways24 profile image59
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Keep being you!

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know I will (((Big Hugs))) smile

(((Hugs)) and (((kiss on cheek))), shhh, don't tell the wife.

1. AEvans profile image71
            AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I won't don't tell the husband, lololo big_smile

lol deal.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)