Cars

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (53 posts)
  1. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 16 years ago

Which is your favorite car? Mine is Bugatti Veyron

1. profile image50
      salimskhanposted 16 years agoin reply to this

mine is ferrari

2. profile image48
    doyleposted 16 years ago

Hi name is Rachael. I am 18 years old. I love sports. My favorte sports are volleyball and basketball. I was wandering if we can be friends? I am also a rupert grint fan.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image66
    Ralph Deedsposted 16 years ago

Yesterday, I test drove a 2008 Chevrolet Malibu with the 6-cylinder engine. This is a very nice car which is just as good as anything Toyota or Honda offers in the size and price range.

My favorite car is the Porsche Carrera but it's too expensive and not practical on winter icy roads.

4. compu-smart profile image89
    compu-smartposted 16 years ago

My favorite car does not exist at present which is a flying car!!

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

I guess an old Trabant - like on this pic

Or may be I like better the girl that come with it? LOL

6. soyelude profile image60
    soyeludeposted 16 years ago

My favourite car is a Lambourghini....never seen one in real life though!!!!

7. Laisseraller profile image57
    Laisserallerposted 16 years ago

So far these are the favorite cars posted so far with the exception if Rachael a Rupert grint fan, is; Bugatti Veyron, 2008 Chevrolet Malibu, Porsche Carrera, a flying car, Trabant, and lastly Lambourghini-(Google has the spelling also as Lamborghini?) I guess my favorite car is a 1955 Chevy I own a scale casted Sky Blue  and White color model, but have yet to fine the real thing, I know It must exist somewhere, more than likely the present owner does not wish to part with it? I do know of an actual location of a 1939 Ford Four Door with running boards split front & rear window which has been claimed by a nesting family of beavers? I use the photos as an eye catcher, PR-Marketing, mascot. My first car I purchased back in High School  was a 1964Datsun I totally rebuilt the engine-a small 4 cylinder it got two minutes of fame in high school because I retarded the timing and put in ram-air when you stepped on the gas it made a vacuum sound and when you took your foot off the gas it sounded like a sprint car backfiring? Bang-Bu-Ba-Bang! Everyone waned to race me, another long story for another day.

8. profile image49
    roswin_clark246posted 16 years ago

nice i like cars to

9. mikeyctr6 profile image58
    mikeyctr6posted 16 years ago

for some reason i have always been parcial to a triumph tr6

10. Malina_Kione profile image60
    Malina_Kioneposted 16 years ago

My dream car is a 1957 Chevy Bel Air. Seafoam green. If not that color, then red with cream and red interior.

I have a classic car myself which I love for more reasons that just looks. I own a 1969 Volkswagen Fastback (Automatic). It's off-white with black vinyl interior (it's been replaced since the restoration, but it's just like the original). It was originally owned by my grandfather (on my dad's side). And it was given to me a few years after he died. I love that car so much. It even gets better mileage than most cars today! Original ads that I have for the VW say it gets 39 mpg! That was back in the late 60's!

1. profile image50
      salimskhanposted 16 years agoin reply to this

hi

i am from India
      would u like to be my pal

11. Ralph Deeds profile image66

Last month I bought a 2007 Saturn Aura. They were offering $3000 past model rebates. It's the nicest car I've ever owned. One feature that I'm particularly enjoying is Satellite Radio. It's great for trips because you don't run out of reception range in the middle of a program. This car is every bit as good as anything Toyota or Honda offer in the size-price range.

12. Ryan_West profile image58
    Ryan_Westposted 16 years ago

I'm waiting for the 2008 Dodge Challenger - 6.1 V8 engine with 425 bhp.

All the 60's and 70's muscle cars are in my opinion one of the coolest cars ever made:
    67 Mustang Shelby GT500
    68-70 Dodge Charger
    70 Dodge Challenger
    67-69 Chevy Camaro
    67-69 Pontiac Firebird
    70 Chevy Chevelle

And so on...

13. Ralph Deeds profile image66

Your post called to mind a cartoon in a recent New Yorker which depicted two attractive women in a bar. One said to the other, "I'm ashamed to admit that a man with a big carbon footprint makes me really hot!"

14. Ralph Deeds profile image66

Here's a rare classic car-- http://hubpages.com/hub/Star_Car

15. CrystalSingleton profile image61
    CrystalSingletonposted 16 years ago

Since my son is 6 1/5 now he has taken an interest in car magazines. You know the choices of mags they have at like the liquor store and stuff. I used to get away with auto trader(ha-ha) but those black and white pics aren't good enough for him anymore. He has a thing for older Chevy classics and like Nova's and stuff. I find that I kind of like them too. Those old drag racing cars. They are pretty rad when they are fully restored. Hopefully my son will grow up to be an awesome car designer and hook me up with killer wheels or maybe he can just fix my car and give me the mom discount. hee-hee.

16. profile image54
    Carter Reamesposted 16 years ago

Hi, I've owned numerous cars over the years. One of my favorites was a 1953 Red Chevrolet Bel Air convertible with cream color leather interior.

I just completed my first Hub which discuses how car buying sites work. Let me know what you think.

17. bloggerjb profile image64
    bloggerjbposted 16 years ago

I love Porsche GTs.  They are sexy and FAST.

18. profile image0
    tagtopicsposted 16 years ago

Seems to be a 50 / 50 split between European Sports and US Muscle.

Anyone with any class out there? Where is Rolls Royce, Bently, Mercedes etc.?

However, if you want my opinion on the best car : BMW M5

19. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

It depends whether you want to go round a corner or not smile

1. Thom Carnes profile image60
      Thom Carnesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

And on how many wheels!

20. Andy Xie profile image67
    Andy Xieposted 16 years ago

My favorite car is 2008 Mercedes S500, I also  like 2008 Lexus LS 460

21. Mark Knowles profile image60

I need a new car - sux, my 15 year old Volvo finally got to the point where the parts I need are twice the value of the car LOL

Any one got one of the new Seat Leon Cupras?

22. funride profile image66
    funrideposted 16 years ago

I get my new Honda Civic Hybrid just last wednesday!

If I already was happy with the IMA now I´m in heaven lol.

23. Mark Knowles profile image60

Can't buy a Japanese car smile Goes against all my principals LOL

1. funride profile image66
      funrideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Before buying my first one I had the same judgment myself, now I don´t think any other car rather than Honda can satisfy me lol.

So you better buy the Seat instead of the Honda or you may never want another car tongue.

24. Mark Knowles profile image60

LOL - German/Spanish is the way to go. smile

25. PCaholicDotCom profile image60
    PCaholicDotComposted 16 years ago

LOL Love the "and on how many wheels" comment...

I have always like Ford Mustangs..

Peter

26. Originplus profile image61
    Originplusposted 16 years ago

Just give me a Ford Mustang and I'll be very happy. smile

27. WeddingConsultant profile image65
    WeddingConsultantposted 16 years ago

My favorite car? Lotus Exige (If you've never seen it, see it here)
    My favorite carmaker? Porsche
    (can of worms warning):
    Would I ever buy an American made car? NO- horrible reliability issues in the long run, decreased value overall, more expensive parts, engine components seem much harder to get to, and the list goes on.

28. Marco_Man profile image59
    Marco_Manposted 16 years ago

I would have to agree with Wedding Consultant. Domestic Cars have severe re-sale value, numerous mechanical issues. However the overall design for Domestic Cars has improved, but Imports are the way to go for cars. My favourite would definetly be the BMW, whether its the new 1 series or 3 series, BMW is definetly my first choice.

Japanese - makes sports cars
    Domestic/North American - make muscle cars

SUV's - pretty much even between the imports and domestic.

Trucks - Definetly Domestic/North American.

29. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 16 years ago

The Austin... I find them so stylish!

http://www.hchg.co.uk/uf/cars/car45-lg.jpg

1. SunSeven profile image61
      SunSevenposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I like Austin! One of my uncles had one. Also the old Pontiac too! smile

30. barranca profile image76
    barrancaposted 16 years ago

This was my favorite car, an Audi A6 wagon, that is, until it was eaten by a tree:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Octopus_Tree_Eats_Car

31. WeddingConsultant profile image65

Marco you're right on track with my thoughts of cars.

US = muscle cars and trucks
    Japanese = easy-tuner and long lasting cars
    and SUVS are even..

I forgot I could post a picture...so here's a picture of that Lotus Exige I was talking about earlier:
    http://www.beddysblog.com/images/IMG_2464.jpg
    It's also got some other beautiful German-made cars in the picture, so eat your hearts out guys!

1. Mark Bennett profile image62
      Mark Bennettposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Niiiiiice ...

32. profile image0
    RFoxposted 16 years ago

I'm a sucker for a Vintage Mustang. wink

http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/gears.gif

33. WeddingConsultant profile image65

um....you say you're for the vintage mustang, but your smiley says "VTEC"...
    Honda cars have VTEC, not Ford!

1. profile image0
      RFoxposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Lol. Yes, I know but it was the only driving smiley I could find!

34. WeddingConsultant profile image65

haha I got it.  I was just trying to sort out the mixed message...

1. profile image0
      RFoxposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I'm a woman. Mixed messages are part of my biology. Lol. big_smile

35. WeddingConsultant profile image65

That and speaking in hints, right?

36. profile image0
    RFoxposted 16 years ago

*hint hint*, *hint, hint, hint*
    tongue

37. mlowell profile image86
    mlowellposted 16 years ago

I'm a fan of classic mustangs.

1. Princessa profile image81
      Princessaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I like your 67s Mustangs, really cute!

1. mlowell profile image86
        mlowellposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I actually sold it a few years back to get extra money to add an addition to my home. I plan on, one day, getting another one and fixing it up.

We had a '69 coupe for a while. It was my wife's by she barely drove it, so we sold it to help pay for my daughters '04 anniversary model.

I'm a Ford fan, but I do admire some of the other models out there.

38. profile image0
    RFoxposted 16 years ago

Is that your car? It is a sweet ride. smile

39. RavynSteel profile image67
    RavynSteelposted 16 years ago

Well I have a fondness for american muscle cars, but if I had to choose just one vehicle it'd be the Dodge Ramm...i'm a truck girl :-)

40. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Seems to be a lack of support for European cars here.

I've had SAABS for about 15 years.
    (Except for a 3 month period, when I succumbed to extended family pestering and got a Toyota)

3 months later, we had a SAAB again - due to family complaining that they hated the Toyota.

Yes, they can be quirky.
    And they're different.
    But they're a lot of fun, and well engineered - mostly.

(But buy a second hand one.
    The depreciation on new ones will make your eyes water.)

41. profile image53
    akihposted 15 years ago

I'm new here!! well I'm a Chevrolet addict because it has a modish style and high performance vehicle. I also love to write specially when it is related to a car, if you want to have more detail about my writings well here are some of it Gianlucafavaloro’s Insights, Autopartswarehouse and Technology On Wheels. Enjoy my articles... smile

42. profile image0
    oberbrecklingposted 15 years ago

I like the older Mopar, " charger,challenger,roadrunner,duster,scamp, all produced by dodge and plymouth most of these cars what you would call built up to run fast right in the factory where they were made( they were made that way in the factory) so you did'nt have to do much too them to blow the doors off your friends cars. I'm still with dodge today I have a Dodge Ram 4 wheel drive, 360 magnum engine plenty of power.I like to take it out on level B roads after a good rain. Four wheel drive time.

~cool~ cya!

43. ravcom profile image60
    ravcomposted 15 years ago

I like this one!

Did you see already the new mercedes? Mercedes Benz SCL600

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)