Which is the best age to marry?

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (74 posts)
  1. profile image0
    dnrkrishnan25posted 14 years ago

Which is the best age to marry?

1. seyiari profile image59
      seyiariposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the best time to marry is the time you a truly prepared mentally , physically . emotionally, financially and spiritually. the time you are ready to accept and handle  every responsibility that comes your way

2. profile image49
      sstrombergposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Definitely not young. I would say 23 is a good age.

3. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is no best age to marry. It is when a couple feels it is time or necessary to do. smile

4. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

there is no best age, no magical number. Its hard work to stay married. When your old enough to withstand it, your old enough.
      It has a hell of alot more to do with maturity, then age.

2. Jonathan Janco profile image61
    Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years ago

When you're a year or two older than you were when you met your soulmate.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

when you become selfless and you are responsible enough (financially and emotionally ready)

1. maudine_05 profile image59
      maudine_05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen!

4. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Whatever age you are when in you fall in love with the person you would like to spend the rest of your life with? Otherwise, never.

5. Vizey profile image58
    Vizeyposted 14 years ago

I do not have any problem with age untill and unless you love each other.. smile

6. Ivorwen profile image64
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I don't believe there is a perfect age, however, a person needs to be old enough to take responsibility for their actions and treat the other with love, regardless of their feelings at the moment.

7. rhamson profile image72
    rhamsonposted 14 years ago

I think there was a study that put the age of around thirty as a maturation point for most men.  I think that this is something that would have been best for me.

8. prettydarkhorse profile image62

in more developed countries men marry 27 yrs old on the average, women at 24,

in developing countries, the ave. age in marrying is 25 for male and 21 for female..

expected age to marry is always greater than the actual

9. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

um...how about never! wink

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hi myownworld,

2. maudine_05 profile image59
      maudine_05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope,You are too pretty to be alone myownworld

3. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is the perfect age. smile

LOL

10. Vizey profile image58
    Vizeyposted 14 years ago

myownworld wrote:
    um...how about never!
    .. lol..yeah..

11. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Damn, someone else beat me to Never!

12. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

LOL @ everyone!!! u all seemed to be waiting for that never!! big_smile
    didn't know I touched a sensitive spot there!!!

everyone want that answer......LOL

1. myownworld profile image74
        myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

never say never pretty....! wink

YAY< who invented marriage by the way!!

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
            Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Satan, had to be Satan... wink

13. Ivorwen profile image64
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Personally, I can't imagine not being married.  It is one of the best things that has happened in my life.  I met my husband when I was 17, and knew he was the one I wanted to spend my life with.  We married when I was 20/he was 23.

14. TINA V profile image70
    TINA Vposted 14 years ago

hi myownworld and torimari, it seems that you have fallen in love at an early age. . . hhmmm :-)

nowadays, i think the average age to marry for male is 30 years old and for female is 27 years old.  A lot of people want to enjoy life and be prepared first before they settle down.

have a great day!

1. myownworld profile image74
      myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yep Tina, spot on! except not just fallen in love, but married him early too!! 21!! but hell, at that time it seemed like the best thing to do...!! wink

1. profile image0
        Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Many have made that mistake myself included as noted in my new song, "I can't Think Of Nothing But Lovin". Live and learn!

1. TINA V profile image70
          TINA Vposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yup, yup, we learn from our mistakes. live, learn and grow. . . i have a friend who have been engaged for 6 years and got married at the age of 27.  Unfortunately, they separated after a month, yes only 1 month, after their wedding. of well, you can never tell what will happen next. love and marriage is the greatest risk in life but it's worth trying. :-)

1. wychic profile image84
            wychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a familiar story to me...I was with my ex for five years, starting when I was 17, we got married when I was 22 and he was 26, then I left six weeks later. Of course, that's also a good example of why you should listen to your inner voice...turned out I was the obstacle to love rather than the object of it, and I'd even suspected it all along but decided not to believe it.

As for the perfect age...I'll agree with the point at which you achieve a certain maturity, ability to commit, and an understanding for your partner, AND your partner has achieved the same. This age varies for everyone, but apparently the norms at least throughout the US have changed a bit. My SO was shocked when he moved here because everyone gets married so young...some get married while still in high school, but average in this area is 18-20 to either get married or have kids (and occasionally both). That's probably also why, at the age of 23, I'm far from the only one out of my high school graduating class (consisting of 32 people) that is already divorced. Live and learn smile

15. dejajolie profile image61
    dejajolieposted 14 years ago

Not sure what that 'perfect age' to marry is I haven't hit it yet, I'm 32 and haven't regretted a SINGLE day~ pun intended! wink

16. spartanking1978 profile image61
    spartanking1978posted 14 years ago

When I was still a teenager, a long time ago, my uncle told me..."No one should get married before they are at least 35 years old...you have to be able to live with yourself before anyone else can." Personally, I think that was excellent advice. But, I am 31 and married, so I guess the rules can be bent from time to time.

17. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

never lol

1. spartanking1978 profile image61
      spartanking1978posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why does that response not surprise me?

18. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

I'm not sure what the perfect age for marriage is, however I'd like to comment on what I think the perfect age to have a child is; 25.  So somewhere around that time maybe.smile

1. dejajolie profile image61
      dejajolieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

About a child that was the age I had in mind, but that didn't happen.... so now what?

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
        IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shoot, I couldn't tell ya.sad

19. ღMiZz Serenaღ profile image60
    ღMiZz Serenaღposted 14 years ago

Marriage should be the joining of two people and their love for each other. I would have to say there is not a right or wrong age to get married by. You will both know when its the right time. If he isn't ready and you are you have to really think about why you want to get married and if he doesn't you need to find out why.

Deciding to get married depends on each person, where they are at in life, how you feel about each other. If they are mature enough to handle the responsibilities of marriage because with marriage comes family, and that means children for most people. Knowing each others goals and where you want to be at, and how long it will take to get to where you want to be...financially secure and ready to have a family.

Great question. I think it just depends on the person and situation.

20. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

Actually I believe in getting together with your soulmate if you are responsible enough and willing to give more than you get but the answer that popped into my head was

"just this side of never"

21. averagemom profile image62
    averagemomposted 14 years ago

It's hard to determine.  When you think you're in love and feel he's the only one that will ever make you happy, then you make that decision to get married.  when married, however, the real world decisions hit you (and him) and apparently you feel you have made the wrong decision.  You can never tell.  There is no exact age, now that i have been married for 10 years I realize that I should have gotten married when I was finished with college, had a stable career that brought in money then we wouldn't be wasting our energy on abrupt fights over finances.  Yeah!  i would have waited if i had known that finance is something really, really important to have before marriage.  Or else......

22. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

From 25 to 35 years old... That way you have had enough time to grow up and get to know yourself and are still young and strong enough to survive having kids. smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have even survived grand kids. It can be done if you start young enough. 25 is good if mature but some men should wait till after 50! smile

23. Bovine Currency profile image59
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

As early as possible, that way you realise the farce and get get on with life.

1. Bovine Currency profile image59
      Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

P.S.  This comment is not my absolute truth and yes it is tainted with cynicism smile

24. Black Lilly profile image61
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

Best age is whenever you feel truly ready.
    For some people that's just 18, for others - 40+ is not enough.

I'm 30 and I can't even THINK of committing to a simple relationship. Even that word scares me a lot - what marriage?!

25. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

Just before you die, ask Tiger Woods.

26. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 14 years ago

LOL... I'm on my fifth marriage, so I can't believe I'm even responding to this question.

Personally, I don't believe and have never believed in "until death do us part" because people change over time. I think relationships of any kind including marriage have a sort of shelf-life.

There is no "best" age to marry, any age works. It just all depends on the individuals and how mature and ready they are to be in a committed relationship.

I say go for it whatever age you are and don't sweat the "forever" part, enjoy it while it lasts. There may actually be many "best ages" to marry in your lifetime. wink

27. profile image0
    commoncent$posted 14 years ago

I don't think anyone out there is completely selfless or completely responsible or completely mature.  We all make mistakes some times, we act selfish and sometimes we are immature.

Don't wait until you've reached these "goals" as you may be waiting forever.

If you are already with the right person for you and you are in love and are wondering when would be the appropriate age I say between 27-30 is good.
    If you are above that then get married.

28. alexandriaruthk profile image70
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

when you feel that you cant live without the other one, no age really

29. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

I think 30 or of course there is always never lol lol

1. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you on the 30 thing.  You need some time to do the shit you want to do and experince everything you want first.  That way you can say that you've done it and are ready to move on.

30. gusripper profile image41
    gusripperposted 14 years ago

Never

31. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 14 years ago

When I met my husband I thought he is the one and only. it took me 20 years to realise my mistake! Talk about being stupid!
    You have to marry when you fell like it( if you are of legal age of course)!

1. profile image0

That's why you need to go out and see what the world has to offer first.  At least have a chance to cruise the bar scene for a couple years while you try to figure out who you are and what makes you happy.

1. profile image0

if you figure out who you are at a bar, perhaps your best off not gettigng married...
        I was 23, had a kid, and 8 weeks pregnant when I got married and Im pretty sure I wasnt old enough...

1. profile image0

What I meant was that, at least for me, during my twenties I was a bit wild and had no idea what I wanted out of life.  As I got older I got tired of all of the running around thinking I was bulletproof and began realizing I needed more in my life.  As soon as I slowed down, I found my wife and learned that life is a lot better when you're not always chasing something.  I'm glad I went through that though.  If I hadn't, I probably would find the urge to explore that road later on and lose everything just to find it's a dead end.

1. profile image0

what I meant was....
            I have no clue how its supposed to go...
            Im glad your good with your wife!!!

1. profile image0

I just wanted to let you know that I wasn't saying that you have to grow up in a bar first.  That is the last thing I would recommend.  I just hate seeing kids getting married when they're 18 and have never experinced anything.  Then later on they feel like they got cheated out of their party years.

1. profile image0

yeah, sorry. I forget other peopel are reading this. I did know what you mant, and am in a nasty sarcastic mood today. sorry.

1. profile image0

That's cool.  Let that nasty mood out.  I give you full permission to rip me a new one!

1. profile image0

lol
                    im toatlly destroying every thread Ive been in...im soooo going to get in trouble...
                    sorry OP

32. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Oh, about 85!

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice. lol  lol

33. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I would get married much younger, if I had it to do over, mainly in order to have my kids at a younger age, with more energy to give them.  But, I would also want to have my life in better shape then too - have a house, and career in place already before getting married.  So, probably I'm saying just have your life together as well as possible before you get married or have children!  20 to 25 ?

34. prettydarkhorse profile image62

in the US, the average age to marry is 24 for women and 27 for men,

there is no exact age to marry but I honestly think it should be after you are financially settled and emotionally prepared, that is after 18, I suppose, (below 18 your body is not yet matured if you want to have children too, and it is too young for emotional prob that goes with being married)

People remarry though, affirming marriage as an institution --will continue to flourish as long as we have the need for emotional and financial security

35. sooner than later profile image61
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

Has anyone said 14 yet? thats how old my first wife was when we got married. Been together now for 35 years.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)