small milestone :-)

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (21 posts)
  1. dineane profile image82
    dineaneposted 15 years ago

1000 total views of my hubs....seems kind of pitiful really with 28 hubs, but I'm still learning. And I've earned a cup of coffee
    cool
    Dineane

1. terenceyap07 profile image60
      terenceyap07posted 15 years agoin reply to this

That's great, Dineane!

2. Just_Rodney profile image67
      Just_Rodneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congrats cool it starts to go quicker now, and then next one will soon appear.

3. guidebaba profile image56
      guidebabaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This is Good but could have been better in 3 months and 28 Hubs. Maybe you are lacking somewhere in PROMOTING YOUR HUBS.

Hope you will earn not only for the coffee but the whole Household Budget.

Best Wishes !

Ray

4. compu-smart profile image91
      compu-smartposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!!!I remember my very 1st then 100 then 1000 and soon it will be 100.000 and 1000.000 smile

Here is my hub with some of the best hubs to help get much more readers.
      IncreaseTraffic

I need a strong coffee now too:)

2. jezzbb profile image59
    jezzbbposted 15 years ago

That's fine but you can promote your hubs somewhere outside HP so as to attract traffic from search engines.

3. dineane profile image82

Actually, exactly half of my traffic is from hubpages, the other half from various other sources. Experienced hubbers, is this somewhat typical for newbies?

I don't feel like I've done a ton of outside marketing--just emailing friends/family, adding links to my profiles on various social networking sites, and an occassional relevant post on forums I frequent, so I'm actually pleased with the traffic so far. I'm enjoying the learning process, and thank everyone here at HPs for sharing their advice and experience!

4. profile image0
    Ananta65posted 15 years ago

Don't worry, I've got 1738 pageviews with 42 hubs published...

5. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago

Soon you will be crossing many a milestones. All the best smile

6. Pete Michner profile image70
    Pete Michnerposted 15 years ago

Congratulations! You're a pro compared to me smile 167 views with 7 hubs.

7. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 15 years ago

Well, I have 91 hubs, just over 9300 page views, over 5300 of them from outside source and I don't do a lot of promoting outside HP either so I guess if we really pushed it, we could raise our average higher on the outside sources. I have just been content so I haven't worried about it lol. You have reached an excellent milestone and it will only get better!
    Congrats!

Bonnie

8. dineane profile image82

Thanks for the numbers, Bonnie! I appreciate hearing how people are doing without a lot of marketing. One of these days I hope to have time to learn and do more, but for now, I'm pretty happy with the traffic I've had so far.

And thanks again to everyone for posting!

9. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

I'm like you - have never done a lot of promotion.  These days about 90% of my traffic comes from search engines and I just passed 26,000 page views - and got my first $100 cheque!

One thing I have done, mostly by accident while I've been looking for other places to write, is join a lot of sites and set up a profile which includes a link to HubPages.  A lot of them are dormant because I didn't end up using the site, but I guess the link is still worth something?

1. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68
      Bonnie Ramseyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Same here, Marisa. Plus any articles that I publish anywhere else, I have a link to my profile here in the Bio section. Also, the games I play online have profile pages and I know a lot of people (been on them for about 5 years now) so I get a lot of visitors from there, too. I also add the link in my monthly newsletter that I publish as well. A lot of what we can get is just pretty much daily activities without any extra effort lol.

Bonnie

10. Gaget Girl profile image68
    Gaget Girlposted 15 years ago

Well Ive only just started so hopefully Ill get there to! I guess it probably also has a lot to do with your headings?

11. CarpetDiem profile image71
    CarpetDiemposted 15 years ago

dineane,
    Congrats on the 1,000 pageview milestone! You've got a 96 hubscore to be proud of as well!

12. glassvisage profile image84
    glassvisageposted 15 years ago

It's great to celebrate the milestones! I try to make goals for myself too... working on a perfect Hubscore!

13. ceounlimited profile image60
    ceounlimitedposted 15 years ago

Hey,  It's always great to know what is possible to obtain with commitment and consistency.  Thanks for giving a newbie hope!

14. weblog profile image56
    weblogposted 15 years ago

Congrats Dineane

http://srv.xboard.us/images/smilie3/bounce.gif

15. DonnaCSmith profile image84
    DonnaCSmithposted 15 years ago

Cool! I have 68 hubs and 4909 views. Maybe I'll cross the 5000 mark by week's end. I have done about the same stuff as you, Dineane. A few profiles, emails, etc. I do have a niche, which I think helps. What surprises me is the hubs that get the most traffic. I can't figure out why an article about displaying horse show ribbons gets the most hits of my 68 articles?

16. profile image0
    Ronald Daniarposted 15 years ago

Search engines are my main traffic.
    I got 10.000 views only from my 20 hubs.

Hmmm....sounds good? No, not at all!!

This 10.000 views were since 17 months ago!!!

lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)