nuns and sex starvation?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (35 posts)
  1. profile image51
    Barressyposted 14 years ago

What do nuns do when thew like other humans get sexually excited?

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

they 'prey' the Lord

2. profile image0
      Smooth as Silkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They go in the back and rub out a little holy water.

3. Susana S profile image94
      Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's quite simple - they shag each other or twiddle the furry grotto tongue

4. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

probably masturbate like the rest of us.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image68
        IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd say that this is probably the real truth.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

they pray

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Or prey ? big_smile

6. Tom Cornett profile image80
      Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Boots in the washing machine!  smile

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hahahahahahha

Better still sitting on the washing machine on the spin cycle

1. nyliram profile image58
            nyliramposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello Blonde Have aGreat Christmas.

Hey there you too I wish you a super duper XMAS. Hugs!!! smile

7. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i honestly never thought about it.

since masturbation is viewed by the church as a mortal sin, they most likely don't do anything with those tempestuous feelings. they probably count rosary beads until the urge passes.

8. profile image0
      zampanoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They have round corners crucifixes

2. profile image51
    Barressyposted 14 years ago

How does one do that?

1. DogSiDaed profile image60
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL

2. profile image0
      Smooth as Silkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Google it  smile

3. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

I suppose you could ask a nun.

4. Arthur Fontes profile image73
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

well I know some nuns that definitely have a habit!

5. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I didnt know nuns get sexually excited??? No not possible .....you sure.......never........oh my.

6. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

They get out their little vibrating devil and repeat "OH GOD OH GOD!!

7. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

They either satisfy themselves, with whatever is available or they mingle with other nuns.

The complete oppression or suppression of sexual desires is ANTI-life and threatens a human being's life. It's a matter of science and the knowledge of humankind that sexual frustration can only reach a maximum point, before insanity occurs, should the sexual frustration is continually oppressed or suppressed.

You can not bury your sexual urges, but can keep them under control. Even with that said- a release must happen, how isn't important. smile

1. profile image0
      zampanoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amazing...
      One would say that you've been there...
      hehehe

2. Susana S profile image94
      Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Let's just say if they don't shag each other or play with the old beef curtains, they wake up gasping for breath and very wet under the habit!

3. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

but then you are an individual with some kind of values, and not a physical individual only, the capacity to have moral values is what differentiate us form an animal

4. Webmatron profile image59
      Webmatronposted 14 years ago

I was in a celibate marriage for almost 6 years, and by about the 5th year, I got so sick of the extra curriculars being insensitive that I decided to shut down.  It really is just a matter of decision.

When you decide that you're no longer a sexually expressive being, and that there will be no one, you just stop thinking in those terms.  You find other things to do.

Then your sexual urges, at least in the case of women, become like a monthly annoyance if at all.  You can easily pass that time by finding other things to do.

I prepared myself for a life without sex, and became very okay with that.  Funny that just as I perfected it, my husband figured himself out.

Now, what's weird is that I have to relearn how to be a sexual person.  LOL!

1. profile image0
        LEWJposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This post probably answers the problem for most nuns who are seriously dedicated; sexual urges can be ignored by habit, and ignoring them becomes mind-controlled, like other impulses that are subjected to human will.   Self-imposed sexual denial is comparable to dietary restrictions applied for an indefinite time.   The mind, which controls the body, gets used to a different reaction to sexual stimuli and the body obeys, eventually becoming sexually dormant.

5. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Sex is forbidden.
      All Nuns Know that the definition of a Nun is:

One who has never had Nun
      One who doesn't get Nun
      And One who is never gonna get Nun.

However, It is now becoming a more liberal lifestyle today as in 1998, the use of vibrating cushions was authorised by the Vatican.
      In 1999, the Vatican authorised a new shower toy, specially to help Nuns deal with wetnss issues. It was called 'Pope on a Rope.' lol

1. nyliram profile image58
        nyliramposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Should have known where to find you hahahahahaha I am out of exile now, been 35 days, been quite good got heaps done, I am unrepentant, and sadly always will be.
        No one will ever change me. I am just bad to the core. Hey have a Great Christmas, nothing too offensive in this rant is there.
        Alot has happened in 30 days, I know hardly anyone. smile Going to find Kiwi see ya. Wont sign my name they hate that. !

6. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Nones come in pairs. One nun makes sure the other nun doesn't get none! smile

7. profile image0
      Star Witnessposted 14 years ago

Oh, heck.  I wouldn't assume anything necessarily about the nuns of today.  But back in the medieval day, I'd bet those women were GLAD to escape all the dreary nasty excessive child bearing, oppressive situations, and child bed death at age 28 or so all that 'great' sex caused in favor for a little more fulfilling life.

8. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

POOR NUN"S sad

1. profile image0
        bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Poor nun's?  Have you ever seen what they do with those hand slapping rulers when nobodys looking?  It's those rulers I feel sorry for!

1. profile image0
          lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ha lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)