The North American Union and its currency the Amero

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (35 posts)
  1. sannyasinman profile image61
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

I only found out about this recently. Curiously, I didn't see it reported on mainstream news. Did you?

So, what do you think about the North American Union, and its new currency the Amero which will replace the US dollar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBo4E77 … re=related

1. Arthur Fontes profile image74
      Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This was started by George W. Bush and it is just the beginning.  Look into Agenda 21 if you really want to see what is being planned for us.

1. SparklingJewel profile image66
        SparklingJewelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

look to www.givemeliberty.org for freedom 21 agenda

2. SparklingJewel profile image66

It started way before Bush...it is a continuing agenda of world elitists...but have heart, for with knowledge of these agendas, people are waking up and foiling the elitists plans right and left.

Search for updated information, the name of the North Ameircan Union has been changed by the current administration to throw people off the "scent". The Federal Reserve is being exposed for the manipulating power it brought and becuase the people are waking up and standing up for their rights and US soverngty aspects of the One World Plan are being squelched.

But don't be fooled into thinking the elitists will stop, it seems to be a "nature" they can't divorce themselves from and will continue to entice people the rich and influencial ad naseum till the day they die.

So ultimately that is the only ongoing "war" in the world...the war within one's own being deciding to be an elitist or a drone of ignorance...or a freedom fighter for liberty.

In the US there are people organizing and rising up verbally and actively to denounce the manipulation, and raise the US Constitution...check them out at www.givemeliberty.org

3. double_frick profile image60
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

while i am concerned this may happen in the future, it hasn't yet even with all the talk that it would. so either it won't happen in the near future or it will happen when we least expect it, out of left field.

i imagine a lot of what is expected to happen will hit america like a ton of bricks.

4. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Surely there would have to be a major financial meltdown before the Americans accepted the Amero.  And I mean really, really major.

5. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The reason the "Amero" hasn't been covered by the mainstream media is that it's an urban legend. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amero

6. TMMason profile image59
      TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They have been selling us out for decades.

We will not be a soveriegn nation long, if most in the world have their way about it.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66

Who has been "selling us out for decades?" That's conspitorial b.s. Where do you get your information?

sannyasinmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ralph did you watch the video? The answer to your question is in the video. It's all there.

1. Quilligrapher profile image72
            Quilligrapherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yea, Ralph. What's the matter with you? It's all in the video so, therefore, it MUST be true!.

7. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It wasn't on mainstream news because it is BS. Someone has just created this, based around the Euro's introduction in mainland Europe, hence the name Amero. Search it on Wikipedia, it is a conspiracy theory and a false one.

This was reported (briefly) on CNN by Lou Dobbs and certain financial experts on CNBC were discussing buying the Amero. Is that mainstream enough for you? Have you watched the video? If you watch and reject it, that's fine, but watch it first.

Lou Dobbs is hardly mainstream. He's supported all kinds of nutjob issues and proposals. He's almost as bad as Glenn Beck. He "resigned" recently from CNN.

1. rhamson profile image72
            rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I heard it on Hannity a few years ago.  It really is ashame we have so few stand up guys we can rely on in the media to report important issues or the dispelling of crank side bars.

8. rhamson profile image72
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I heard about this a few years ago on Hannity when I used to listen to him.  There seemed to be something to it but the source of it bothered me too much to take it to heart.

With the lack of serious interest in border security and the flagrant way we drive up debt it seems as though this is being brought on purposely by our government.  The media taking up the news black out is a little bit of a stretch what with lagging newspaper sales and the obvious profit in exposing this conspiracy.

Perhaps we should review the Federal Reserve Bank and it's operations but with former members of the Fed being part of the current administration I doubt that can have any credibility if pursued.

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Where was my tin foil hat? yikes

1. Ivorwen profile image65
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  Can't you make one?  lol

3. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I have read quite a bit about the North American Union, from mainstream media reports.  I have heard of the Amero before, but have not been able to confirm anything about it. 

One blog that I researched it on said that their YouTube accounts were closed within a short while of posting supposed footage of the printing of the Amero.

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I ran out of tin foil! yikes

5. Ivorwen profile image65

Grab the turkey pan.

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Thank you! lol

7. sannyasinman profile image61
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

Why is the North American Union and the Amero so shocking? Bush apparently signed off on this in 2005, and we already have the European Union and the Euro. 
    Did you actually watch the video before commenting on it?

Have you heard of Snopes or Fact Check?
      http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/nau.asp

1. Quilligrapher profile image72
        Quilligrapherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for posting this link, Ralph.

You're welcom. Anyway, the Amero isn't a totally ridiculous idea. The EU countries seemed to have benefited from their relationship without obliterating the sovereignty of the member countries.

1. profile image0

I live in a country that's part of the EU, and I can't think of a single benefit of being a member.  Unless you like masses of pointless red tape that is.

1. DogSiDaed profile image61
              DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Faster border crosses and a higher amount of cheaper trade are good. If you live in the UK, the fishing gets screwed over though. So many foreign boats in our waters taking our fish... Even when it's already running low.

1. profile image0

Deleted

1. profile image0

I'll give you the faster border crosses but that easily gets cancelled out by the ludicrous security procedures at airports (like queueing up for over an hour at Stansted to take your shoes off :snort:).  YMMV but I don't see any signs of cheaper trade, unless you count the fact that we can now bring a bit more cheap French booze back across the Channel than we used to. 

What's worse is that fishermen have to chuck back fish that's over quota, even though it's dead.  Our waters have lower fish stocks (dangerously low for some species) than they would have done under the old national borders system, and I think that's actually a result of EU policy rather than being unrelated. 

What's always bothered me about the EU is that it was sold to us as a free trading thing, when in reality it was all about creating a giant bureaucratic superstate.  But the movers and shakers behind it couldn't be honest about that, because nobody would have accepted it.  So it's been imposed on us by deception.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
                    AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Britons would do well to take to the streets to stop such fishing practices -- eastern Canada had one of the world`s most gigantic stock of fish, which has, for the first time since Europeans arrived in 1497, collapsed completely (as of the early nineties). Here, too, people blame foreign overfishing (by EU boats in fact), but the truth is that draggers simply dredged everything up and threw back the stuff that was too small for market -- and ecological and economic disaster was the result. Unemployment where I live is now nearly thirty percetn as a result.

2. SparklingJewel profile image66

yes, sovereignty has its benefits like LIBERTY ! duhhh smile

8. Ivorwen profile image65

The idea of the Amero is awful!  What fun could our children have collecting Canadian and Mexican money, if we all used the same currency? 

Who would want to be without the 'loony' and the 'twoony'?  Not me!  wink

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The objection in Europe was (and remains in Britain) that a currency implies a central banking reserve. Countries that have the euro have to bow to the European Central Bank on many issues... Canada and Mexico would have to do the same. The United States would never allow such an entity to dictate to it in real terms...

...Seeing as the biggest cushion Canada had during the recession was some control over its own financial life, let us (Canadians) damn well hope our government does not move us towards this -- despite being Neo-Cons (Canadian flavoured) who were happy to be aligned to Bush, and followers of the Calgary School of which Bush economics were also a part.

9. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

The Amero? Would it still have that nifty little Pyramid thingy on it?

Ask David Rockefeller. Just shoot him an email and I'm sure he'll be only too happy to explain his plans for our future, and give you details on the deisgn of the new currency. After all, we do have freedom of information and transparency of Govt don't we. We do don't we?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)