1 world gov't

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (29 posts)
  1. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Human population is rapidly approaching 7 billion.
    The planet earth cannot support another generation of increase. There will have to be a 'culling" or 'diminution" of human beings to a level which can be successfully nurtured.
    Will a 1 world gov't provide the strength, intelligence, guidance and control necessary to guarantee the viability of the human species?
    If not, what will?
    Qwark

1. MikeNV profile image68
      MikeNVposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The plan is already in play.  When people can not afford to eat they die.  That's the method that will be used.

1. goldenpath profile image68
        goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is true.  This is the plan of many secret combinations in many governments today.  However, it need not be so.  That's the message not sinking in to the population.  the grim outcome need not be so.

2. shazz01109 profile image67
      shazz01109posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think a 1 world government will lead to less freedoms, and less sovereignty of nations.  How someone thinks or views the world, and its cultures in Asia for example, will be vastly different than how we do here.  And yes, unfortunately, the 1 world government idea I believe, is already being put in place, and has been for some time.

1. qwark profile image60
        qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shaz:
        I certainly hope so.
        Qwark

3. sannyasinman profile image59
      sannyasinmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you volunteering to be culled?

2. goldenpath profile image68
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

In my opinion it is all hype and fear induced by the media and those who seek power in a generation of people who have little integrity or find little to believe in.  The planet has sufficient space and resources to feed, cloth and house us all.  It would be belittling of the Earth and it's inhabitants to assume that we are impeding on the Earth.  We don't need to limit families or households we just need to be smarter on utilizing the space and resources we have for all to share and prosper.  Seven billion means nothing to me, personally, it's called growth and it is natural.  It's not a means to panic.  We have the technology and know-how to comfortably succor all inhabitants.  We just need to decide, as a civilization, to do it and be smarter doing it.

Just my opinion...

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank goodness, someone else who isn't fooled by the overpopulation myth.

3. Hunting Videos profile image58
    Hunting Videosposted 14 years ago

The day we have a "One World Government" is when it's time to leave this world. Heaven forbid!

Amen!

1. Sa Toya profile image83
        Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I 3rd that!

This 1 world gov't would surely end the the world faster than it's expiry date.

Having a one world gov't would do us no good.
        It's a scary thought to be honest...chillingly so

1. qwark profile image60

Sa Toya:
          Pls explain why a 1 world gov't is so frightening to you.
          Qwark

1. Sa Toya profile image83
            Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is frightening because I'm not sure how helpful it would be.
            From some things I've read about it, I get the impression of destruction.
            I know this is from a rleigious perspective somewhat but what if it's true http://www.newswithviews.com/Spingola/deanna41.htm
            One Gov't to rule the wold might sound like a ood thing but in fact it may not be

2. itech profile image64
      itechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

mein tere saath hu...(one word: true)

3. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's little doubt attempts are continually being made to produce the One World Government.  In practice (fortunately, to my mind) it won't happen.  At least not for long. 

Why? 

Because while many people are willing to go along to get along, accepting whatever form of authority happens to be around at the time, plenty of other humans are just plain contrary critters.  Look at just one country as of today--Iraq, for instance.  It's a deadly game of rock, paper, scissors between Shi'ite, Sunni, and Kurd, and that doesn't even count American forces in the area or insurgents of various types.  Or consider the former USSR which, despite the use of considerable force over the years, failed in the end to hold together a coalition of a relative handful of nations.

Culling the population, however, is another matter entirely.  That can take place from so many angles that it becomes a challenge just to count them all.  War, famine, pestilence, an asteroid smacking us upside the head, earthquakes, glacial periods and/or global warming, extraterrestrial interference, whatever. 

But just when we get culled?  Or by precisely which method(s)? 

Therein lies the question...of this thread, come to think of it!

As for life being only a one time proposition...I could only wish.

4. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Goldenpath:
    Contemporary man is acting and reacting like the infantile animal it is.
    The anomaly: consciousness, has engendered "man!" An animal that is controlled by both instinct and "will." That makes man unique amongst all life...now and that has ever existed.
    That "uniquesness" has caused the human animal to divorce itself from the "natural."
    This planet has evolved life over billions of years that have sucessfully adapted and survived. The human animal hasn't reached the first rung of the evolutionary ladder. There is no doubt that "it" is profoundly involved in "it's" evolution, but "it" has just appeared in terms of geological time and is operating in it's infancy...foolishly!
    You say: "...we just need to be smarter on utilizing the space and resources we have for all to share and prosper." No doubt that is true, but mankind has become irreparably fragmented by greed and religious bigotry. Your idealisim cannot be realized.
    Human population will almost double in another 50 - 75 years. The problems we experience today will increase like a geometric equation. If we cannot control the genetic, predatory propensity inherent in an incipient, evolving human species, the only result that can be imagined, is that which is pre-ordained by fundie monotheists: "armageddon!"
    Einstein said (paraphrase): man's only hope for survival is a 1 world gov't. Hawking said (paraphrase) man is a greater danger to himself than anything from outerspace.
    A necessary human "culling" will become a necessity if our species is to survive. There are 2 ways to realize that diminution of population: 1. a nuclear holocaust perpetrated by religious fanaticism and abject human ignorance, 2. a well thought out, planned and carried through reduction. Both will require massive annihilation.
    Only a clandestine "cabal" could plan, carryout and bring to fruition a powerful, controlling and godless 1 world gov't.
    The goal of all Life is to survive. If "man" wishes to become a successful species, a one world gov't dedicated to that goal is an absolute necessity.
    if it happens, will that eventual "power" consider the survival of man to be it's prime responsiblity? Too little time will have passed to think that earth's prime predator can sublimate its desire to "kill" in the short time it has existed.
    Qwark

Good evening Quark!
      I believe in a round about way we are saying many of the same things.  You mentioned that the idealism I talk of cannot be realized.  I say it can but will probably won't simply because of the human condition we are in which is the same that you described. 

On the other hand, a one world government cannot operate either.  We are a severely divided world ethnically, culturally, etc.  A blanket government would operate as the United States government is quickly moving to.  In other words governing all facets of business, enterprise and even basic goods and services.  This "totalitarian" mindset has proven detrimental to any governed people.

As you may know I am religious and in my "religious" opinion it is folly, counterproductive and outright wrong to mandate how many children a couple can have.  It is a blatant invasion of government into the basic unit of society.  On top of that no couple or family should be scrutinized or scoffed for having a large family so long as they are benefitting society and striving toward self reliance. 

It is an age old argument especially here on HP but the road to a posivitive and uplifting outlook revolves around faith and hope.  To fall into the doom and gloom of what we are fed by the media and government leaders is bound to lead to dependence on the whim of the government.  That's what they want!  We are better than that.  Progress starts one person at a time.  As we do so doors to progress, prosperity and new frontiers will open up.  It's a universal truth. 

I noticed you've referred to our species as the "human animal".  True we are acting as such but at the core we are worth so much more. 

No, in this sphere and phase of history a one world government cannot happen successfully although all efforts to bring it to fruition will take place.  Yes, eventually, a one world "movement" will begin that shall sweep the planet into a new age of progress.  That, in religious terms, would take place post the Second Coming - but that's a different category and thread.

5. profile image0
    Revive@OwnRiskposted 14 years ago

War, pestilence, famine, disease, have been effective for eons in "culling" the human population. Look how China handles "culling" by limiting families to one child, and look what natural disaster has done to destroy those families. Horrific heart-ache and sorrow. It's true, there needs to be MUCH MORE education so people don't have to suffer in ignorance and poverty. That's a given. But such things as forced birth control, mandatory killings of sick and challenged people is about as unconscionable as the Hitler regime. It's just beyond stupid.

Such thinking as "culling" populations is as absurd as "one government." Do you really think 7 billion people would support it? As if we don't have the power of revolt even if it was forced? I think all this fear-mongering is daydreaming at its worst. Instead of being afraid of living in this world, why not try to make it a better place to live instead?

No crime in becoming your best self and, therefore, allowing others around you to do the same. It's our bright light, not our darkness, that allows others to shine and make this world a better place.

Mary Ann Williamson said pretty much these words in her book, "A Return to Love." I highly recommend it.

6. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Revive@ownrisk, Goldenpath....good evening:
    You have both missed my point.
    Regardless of your thoughts involving loss of freedoms (including religious freedom), mankind is heading for a catastrophic future. I doubt it will become extinct, but if "control" is not grasped by a single power, soon, those freedoms are going to be lost..indubitably!
    There is absolutely no avenue man can travel at this juncture in his rise to power that can/will guide him away from a diminution in numbers...It may even be too late for the possibility of a 1 world gov't.
    AS Einstein said (paraphrase) I dont know what the 3rd world war will be fought with, but the 4th will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Since life is a 1 time proposition, ( I am not religious) I'd prefer to live it under the firm, powerful rule of a 1 world gov't than fighting to survive in another stone age.
    A "culling" is inevitable. If it is by a nuclear catastrophe, there will be no life on earth that will not suffer terrible mutations. The resulting human being would not resemble the human of today.
    The immutable and eternal forces of evolution will produce unrecognizable, new human species. Of course it will not matter to us.
    Qwark

1. profile image0
      Revive@OwnRiskposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I understand your perspective and I think your thoughts on the subject are completely valid, however, we will have to agree to disagree.

Life only occurs in the present. The past and future are not with us, and therefore, all we have is now. Right now is the only place for us to make a difference in the world. So what any of us does right now *will* mold the future.

We have a choice, and the choices we make will have effect right now, and perhaps beyond. Therefore, I believe that we have more control over things than many of us realize. If we choose to live in the present and make the present a good experience, we are making a difference for the better not only for ourselves, but for others. In so doing, whatever government, whatever circumstances, disasters, happiness we have is in large part due to the choices we make right now.

The population is being culled as we speak. It's happening naturally as it has always happened. While I'm not religious, I believe in a spiritual connection. I don't know what that means, really, but there is something greater than all of us and it's good, not bad, and we are a part of it.

1. qwark profile image60

Revive@OwnRisk:
        I too, am a selfish survivalist. I live for the moment because life is rife with capricious events that may end my life abruptly.
        I am also a logician and pragmatist. My vision of the future of  "man" is bleak.
        "Man" is profoundly and consciously involved in his evolution. IF he cannot adapt to the "natural" conditions he is thoughtlessly and inanely creating i.e. uncontrolled propagation, he will disappear into the infinity of extinction.
        At this moment in time, only a "miracle" can mitigate the catastrophe which is about to happen.
        Qwark

7. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

Culling has been happening for some time now.
    It is determined by how "Cool" you are.
    There is a secret Govt "Coolness" index with Obama at the top.
    I'm ready for WW4.
    I have my sticks and stones on hand and I'm ready to break some bones if necessary.
    I hear names aren't much good though since they could never hurt you..

8. Danny R Hand profile image61
    Danny R Handposted 14 years ago

Because of so many different cultures and religions, one global government could only exist through tyranny, and oppression. The question is, who will be the oppressed? I won't without a fight. As for over population, the problems stem from our behavior, not our numbers.

9. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Hi Danny:
    Increase the numbers and watch what happens. if you say behavior is the problem, tell me what happens when ya put too many rats in a small cage.
    Hmmm?
    Qwark

1. Danny R Hand profile image61
      Danny R Handposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We are not rats. We are suppose to retain a certain level of intelligence which would allow us to deal with problems as they arise. PROBLEM, because of our selfish, self-rightous, arrogance, we continually fall short of our potential. We possess the intelligence to fix our problems. What we lack is the desire. Taking time to figure out solutions may just cost me fifteen minutes that I could use doing something for SELF!

1. qwark profile image60

Danny:
        1% of the human population controls the other 99%.
        The majority of the human species lives just to stay alive! It is uneducated, hungry, deprived, existing in squalor, barely eaking out a living and facing the possibility of death everyday and everyday,conditions get worse.
        If I remember correctly, every 3 minutes, worldwide, a child dies and most die horrid deaths.
        Now, increase the numbers by 1/3 over the next generation. What will happen is obvious.
        Intelligence? What "intelligence" opportunities  exist that will allow the "majority" to take advantage of them to improve heir lot in life? None! They live and die in ignominy!
        There will be a reduction in the human population in the not too distant future. It will be accomplished explosively and decisively, or, in a clandestine and less apparent but none the less, destructive manner.
        The latter method would be preferrable because the result would be a beneficial attempt to guarantee the viability of the human species.
        A one world gov't at this stage of human evolution is improbable but could be the salvation of all life as we know it.
        Qwark

10. Danny R Hand profile image61
    Danny R Handposted 14 years ago

Qwark, I actually believe that we see eye to eye. I myself have a bleak outlook for mans future. I don't really feel that 'MAN', will ever get far enough outside himself to be willing to solve our problems. I believe we are capable of doing so, just to self interested to take the time and effort. I look at our society, especially America which I am, and I don't see any movement which possesses enough common sense to make an active difference. I personally just wait and watch to see what self made problem will start the dominos falling.

1. qwark profile image60

hello Danny:
      It has already begun.
      Religion has fragmented humanity to the point of no return.
      Man's infantile and primitive belief in the supernatural will eventually result in a catastrophic disaster that will effect all life on the planet.
      Qwark

11. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Here's a point or two to ponder: Who would be the absolute ruler and where would the World Ruling Council be housed?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)