January HubChallenge Journals

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (20 posts)
  1. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

I saw that Hubber Jeffrey Neal decided to write a hub that will journal his efforts and results in the 30 day challenge.

Jeffrey Neal: A Hubchallenge Journal

I have always been inspired and learned a lot from real time journals in the online writing/marketing arena. I read JeffreyNeals and am looking forward to the daily updates as he is very forthcoming w/ stats and earnings, so hopefully we can see some big increases for him!

So I decided to join in and make one also, ill log the boring stuff, like where i stuck links and how etc. ill be counting stats as if my pre-existing hubs dont exist.

Sunforged: A HubChallenge Log

So is anybody else performing some sort of log or journal?

2. aoiffe379 profile image58
    aoiffe379posted 14 years ago

I am one who has been keeping diaries and journals from an early age so joining the journal challenge might prove interesting.However,I need to understand the expectations so that I can stay focused on the goal.I will read what Jeffrey Neal has done as well as your own Sunforged.Then,if I have more questions i will comment again.

3. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

Thanks, sunforged. I figured I would want to look back at the end and see the progress. I actually got the idea from seeing some other past hubber journals during challenges. ysdata's post in the January Hub Challenge thread about the diary of a mad hubber reinforced my desire to record my own challenge this time. Here is her Diary of a Mad Hubber.

I like the approach you are taking with yours as well and the detailed promotion tactics.

Here's to increased traffic and revenue in 2010, and hey, we're having fun also!

4. sunforged profile image71

I looked through ysdata's series, her final one is here

Mad Hubber Part 6

Her series is an example of why sometimes its a good idea to create your own unique tags so you can easily find and and create feeds of specific content.

I use "sunforged systems" for all my promotion method/system hubs, so I can easily create a feed and find them all at once.

It was difficult to find all the "Diary of a mad hubber" hubs, but in the end a very impressive 100 hubs in 24 days was done!
    It looks her 30 day adsense increase was only around 2.00USD? did I read that right, if thats true than its a good example for the rest of us that rewards are not instantaneous.

We better be able to pull of a measly 30 in 30 wink

5. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

I actually haven't made it all the way through them, but yeah, I wonder what the update on adsense earnings would be now.

I am really pushing myself this month. 30 hubs is more than I've done my entire time here, and I'm shooting to finish with 60, so that will be 34 total. This week will be a good push for me, though.  My weekends are actually harder to get things done, so it will be ON starting tomorrow! smile

6. The10DollarMark profile image60
    The10DollarMarkposted 14 years ago

Hmm, I just may make a hubchallenge diary hub as well. Having to update will force me to remember to do the challenge in time big_smile

7. sunforged profile image71

Made my update for the day - published 2 meager hubs, including the actual HubChallenge Log, luckily I seem to be ending my online day around 3am EST, so Im able to report stats at a consistent time that equals a new day in Hubtime and Adsense time.

@TenDollarmark

have you decided to log or not to log?

perhaps you are more of a chronicler? wink

8. The10DollarMark profile image60

I didn't get a chance to make it until you reminded me just now.

I made (and obviously updated) it today:
    The10dollarmark's january hubchallenge log

sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awesome, I added a link in my log.

Thats quite a goal you have set!

whats a 10dollarmark?  DM?

9. The10DollarMark profile image60

10dollarmark is my project's name. When I saw captain squid made a project to see how long it'd take for him to reach a decent income on a new account, I thought I'd do the same...except unlike him I'm doing it across multiple sites (triond, hubpages, textbroker, squidoo, helium, etc..) and my goals are all written using the number 10. Like goal to make 10$ in a site, 10$ in a year (lol), 10$ in a month, 10$ in a week, 10$ in a day,etc....

So when I started the project I made a new HP account as I want HP to be a big part of the project.

I have a hub about it.

Ill have to read it..I use similar goal systems, small at first to keep me motivated.

*edit* visited http://hubpages.com/hub/The-10-Dollar-Mark

highly suggested to all who may see this thread

I think Ill have to adopt the spreadsheet method too, nevr tried that capsule functionality before

2. darkside profile image64
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The original Captain, and still the best.

Loyalis is a top bloke.

10. sunforged profile image71

Figured I would make the thread more active:

Day 4 Quick Stats (only including stats from HubChallenge hubs)

5 of 30 written

4 Days In
    495 Total Views
    0.77 Direct Revenue

+9 Follower Count

27 comments

11. dwilliamson profile image61
    dwilliamsonposted 14 years ago

I have been out of the loop for a few months but am back now with full force. I am going to start a hub journal as well, chronically my life's ups and downs as I start the 30 Hubs in 30 Days January Hub Challenge. You will find my journal entries here http://30-hubs-in-30-days.blogspot.com/

12. sunforged profile image71

Tonights quick stats

5 Days In-8 Hubs Published
    676 Total Views
    4.06 Direct Revenue

+13 Follower Count

39 comments

Stat updates

25 Days In-10 Hubs Published
      1210 Total Views
      6.45 Direct Revenue

+35 Follower Count

I essentially took a 2 week vacation, although it seems like 30 in 30 will now be impossible, since Im doing a 20 hub series of mostly Avatar commercial/product hubs, i actually have about 15 more in various states of completeness.

I hope to be at exactly 1 hub a day average done by tomorrow at this time!

Going to swing by and see how the rest of your challenge journals are going, I hope your adsense is performing better than mine! All time low in adsense this month even with new hubs but all time high in ebay, so whatever! I guess.

13. sunforged profile image71

Running Stats Total for 30 day Challenge

29 Days In-15 Hubs Published
    1433 Total Views
    8.01 Direct Revenue

+39 Follower Count

54 comments

oops, 1 day left - 15 hubs to publish! I have a couple of drafts and unfinished, but 15 will be tough.

14. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Oops I didn't make it either. I wrote about 19 hubs out of the 30. Oh well there is always next month!

I think 54 well written hubs (they are, i read a few smile  )  is a great achievement.

You have written more in 3 months than I achieved in 10! ..im jealous, good luck next month!

15. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Thankyou so much for saying that smile
    I've got a few bummers too, but I've left them up because when people land on them they end up clicking the ads just to get out again! lol
    Just wrote and published hub No.55 - just 10 more to do today? Nah...don't think so!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)