just need to talk

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Ms Chievous profile image64
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

I don't usually do this putting my personal stuff out here.  But I am just so sad.  I am at work and I just learned my dad has a mass in his lung.  It is bad enough he is in a nursing home, but now this..this just devestated my day

I can't concentrate on anything else at the moment.I need to vent, throw things or both

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is awful news sad. I don't blame you for needing to vent and throw things. My dad 2 years ago suffered a collapsed lung and they found spots on his lungs that they could not test until his collapsed lung was stable. It was pretty damed scary! He got lucky and the spots were just scars but not a lot of fun at any rate yikes

2. TheGlassSpider profile image64
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

MS. I have no words that can possibly give you true comfort at a time like this; I am very sorry to hear about it.

If I may offer some advice, however: Go home; maybe, if you can, take some time off. Spend some time with your Dad. Work through these emotions, and give your body and mind *some* rest, if it's all possible.

You need it now, and as hard as it is to face, you will need it in the future. If I were where you are, I would offer you a warm, tight hug. I hope you have someone who can give you one (or many!)

You're in my prayers.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh, you want some HUGS, heres my HUGS, hang on here and I will also say a prayer for you and your family, and importantly your DAD

4. Ohma profile image61
      Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So Sorry to hear of your families trouble. Take strength wherever you find it and be strong for him.

5. profile image0
      Wendi Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm so sorry Ms Chievous.

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

sad

i'm sorry.

3. Christene profile image60
    Christeneposted 14 years ago

*hugs*

4. profile image0
    seasoningposted 14 years ago

AW,i am so sad and sorry about your bad news, glad we are here for you, do you want to talk about him.....

5. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

I`ll keep you and your dad in my toughts and prayers.

6. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Wow. This kind of news is always so devastating. I'm so sorry. sad

I hope you there are many more good memories with him ahead.

7. Ms Chievous profile image64

Thanks for the advice and hugs everyone. Advice is sooo welcome.. This is hard for me because I just know it is the beginning of the end.  Situation is tough for me cause I am his only family around.  I am a problem solver but this is just one problem I can't solve..

1. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sorry to hear this ! sad

I can't give any advice. I wouldn't know what to do myself !

Staying calm and concentrating in the solution ,if not of the disease, of the suffering, and trying to do the best for him,is all you can do at the moment.

2. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This may sound like the last thing you want to hear, but from my own experience, I learned that if I could accept the reality of what "is" and work with that, I have a lot better sense of how to proceed. You may not be able to control the events about your dad's health issues, but you can control how you respond to it. And as sh***y as it sounds, and as difficult as it is, he will appreciate your love and trying to make him smile through this more than your grief at the thought he may not pull through this.

I held my dad's hand as he took his last breath. He bled through his ears, eyes, nose and mouth. He died a slow horrible death, but he cracked jokes till he couldn't speak, and so I kept going until he was completely unconscious. He has no idea how he saved me from falling into the abyss of devastation, and he taught me have a sense of humor in the worst of situations, and it really does help.

This is tough stuff, and if you can't find happiness or humor, then it's fine. You have to do what you have to do. But as you already know, we're thinking of you sending our hugs and best to you and your dad.
      smile

8. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

I'm very sorry to for this devastating news.  Sometimes, we cannot solve the problem as it is out of our control.  Feeling powerless is a terrible feeling, but within you have the strength to overcome the trying times.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad.  ((HUGS))

9. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

Yeah, what Daniel and everyone said. (((((hug))))

Do as Daniel suggests, it is the best solution. I'm so sorry for you and Dad. Having been there, I know it's possible that he could recover, but it sounds like his health was already compromised and that may not happen. I'll pray, you pray, everyone here is praying. Even if there is nothing more we can do, we can 'listen' if you need to vent further. May God bless you through your troubles, and Dad, too.

10. Ms Chievous profile image64

Thank you all for your kind words thoughts and prayers.  They really did make a difference in my day.  I went to see my dad today to discuss options.. that was hard.  Thank you all so much again

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so sorry to hear, big hugs and love to you and your father. daniel gave great advice as really all you can do is what is necessary at this time. talk, inform yourself as much as you can of all options. also to talk with someone at his nursing home who can help you. biggest advice for you is somehow to stay calm and rested.  when I look back at the times when I had to help my dad and then my mom, I don't know how I did it, but somehow adversity brings strength. lots of love and tenderness. you both are in my thoughts.

11. Hmrjmr1 profile image69
    Hmrjmr1posted 14 years ago

wishing you comfort and hope and offering a humble prayer.. God Bless and keep you...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)