More interesting Analytics

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (17 posts)
  1. brimancandy profile image76
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

I was just checking my stats. My hubs are now being viewed in 7 countries. Cyprus and Malayasia seem the most exotic. I'm also in New Zeeland, Austrailia, and apparently doing well in Great Brittain. Canada and the U.S. were expected.

I'm also beeing read in 3 launguages. So what does EL stand for?
    I kind of figure that EN stands for english. I'm have these

EN-US which if figure is the United Staes
    EN-GB Which I figure is Great Brittain
    EL    Maybe just an english speaking country?

Still very interesting.

2. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 14 years ago

I find the map feature in analytics to be pretty darn cool myself.. knowing your hubs are being seen worldwide keeps you focused.

3. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years ago

I just want to get more than a couple views a day...lol   I have an article on Associated Content with the key phrase "green renovations"  it comes in the number 2 spot on google when I search it. My hubs are so far down google I can't find them and I wrote them.

brimancandyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well "has' your keywords are pretty mainstream. You will have a zillion other topics to contend with. Just having music as one of my keywords brought in several million hits. So, finding any of my hubs is next to impossible.

I added my username as a keyword, and that only brought 5,000
      hits, and all of them were associated to my username. So, that seemed pretty impressive. And, my hubpages are all at number 1.
      So, when I want a large group of people to find me, I just tell them to google my username, and my traffic goes up about 20 percent. but, it is only temporary.

My lady gaga hub is going best, and I think that has a lot to do with gaga as a keyword. That, and it is linked to my facebook
      page.

But my traffic is still aweful. I get around 150 hits a week.
      But, it's rising. Yours will too.

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Hi, Brim. I've never thought of adding my name as a keyword tag. Hmmmmm. Maybe I should try that!

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what a good idea habee... would that be our user name or our real name?

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm...good question!

5. Sufidreamer profile image81
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Hi Brimancandy

EL is Greek - Ellinika.

Hope that sates your curiosity big_smile

brimancandyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm guessing that must be Cypruss. thanks.

6. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

But is your username being searched as a relevant result?

More than likely people would have typed a name in expecting it to be related to something else, it's worth a shot if you have a username like draw fantasy art or burger eating, you know something that's going to lead people to you and stay to read, although not too handy if you write about multiple topics unrelated to your keyword loaded username!

7. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Brim, tell us - did you use your real name or your user name??

8. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Brim, I just fanned you! Loved the monster hub, including the video greeting! Great idea!

9. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

My user name is No.1 on google at hubpages, yet I know there are a few IzzyM's out there because I've had to change it for some forums because it was already in use. I don't think its a search term anyone would use though wink

10. brimancandy profile image76

I used my user name, not my real name. A lot of sites that I belong to will not let you post links in your profile or in your messages. I get around that by suggesting that people just
    google my username, and boom! my page is right at the top of the list. Not only at hubpages, but, also at Youtube.

Another thing you will find, is every post you have ever made is a link. Hopefully people will click on your hubpage link rather than your message links. But, either way your profile will be exposed. lucky for us hubpages is free, and you do not have to be a member to look.

I did a search of my user name, and came up with 5,000 links.
    I also googled blondepoet for the heck of it. She has a gazillion links, and if you do a phot search you will find her avatar on almost every link.

It's very interesting. I unfortunately could not find myself by doing a photo search. Even though I have tons of photos on the web. Videos yes, pictures no.

11. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

where have I been?  Checking it out now hmm:

Thanks big_smile

12. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Do you have to put username in the keywords or will the username automatically be collated from the hubs... it does have the authors name stated on the hub, afterall!

13. brimancandy profile image76

Do a google search of your own username. Wether you use it as a keyword or not, you are still going to find yourself. Adding your username as an extra keyword only helps people find you easier when they are looking for your work, and not everyone elses. It depends on who you are targeting and why.

lets say you are in soccer forum at another website that will not allow links to your hubs. You have a soccer hub that you want people to see. Would you tell them to do a search for soccer, which will bring up a million hits? Or just have them google your unique username, where they can find your soccer hubs within seconds.

People are obviously not going to search for your username, but if instruct them they will. It has worked great for me. I looked up my keywords at analytics, and brimancandy is at the top of the keyword list.

It's just like advertising the Whopper. Would you put up a billboard for a plain burger if you wanted to sell Whoppers?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)