Online Talent Agents for Hubbers?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. shibashake profile image83
    shibashakeposted 15 years ago

Most of us want to get traffic into our terrific hubpages. smile However, simply putting all your links into social bookmarking sites may actually decrease your traffic. Why? Your pages, or site gets banned, your social bookmarking ranking goes down, and you get dereferenced from Google. Wouldn't it be nice if there were some professional (high ranking) social bookmarkers who are willing to promote our content? They would essentially be online talent agents; representing aspiring online content creators.

Why would they do it?
    -They will get very very many link submissions, and therefore good traffic into their talent agency site. This is convertable to revenue.
    -They could get a traffic-based royalty from content creators they choose to represent.

What would Hubpages provide?
    -A platform for talent agents, and an easy way to set up a talent agency page for link submissions.

What would Hubpages get?
    -A group of professionals with good social bookmarking skills promoting their content.
    -Many happy users.
    -Link ban may get lifted in certain social bookmarking sites including del.icio.us and reddit.

What do you all think?
    For more detail, I also have a hub <snipped link> on it. Just do a search for "online talent agent".

1. jyuva profile image58
      jyuvaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think you are right big_smile

shibashakeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wow, so few replies?! Come on people, I know you have lots of things to say. Give me a hard time; create some controversy. Where is Eric when you need him?! big_smile

1. oxymoron profile image57
          oxymoronposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Where? big_smile

2. patnamohan profile image57
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

Right!

3. ProCW profile image80
    ProCWposted 15 years ago

You're welcome to generate traffic to my hubs, however I ain't payin'... smile

ProCW

Heh fair enough. It may be that the target audience for something like this is more on the social bookmarking sites smile

4. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

I generally don't follow threads or make a big effort to be a major part in them if they have had to have links snipped.

Sometimes it may be better to decide based on the contents of the post. Everyone makes some mistakes with the linking rule, and sometimes they snip links that are valid.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well, based on the contents of your post - you have no clue. smile

The reason hubpages has been banned from reddit and delicious is because of people such as yourself. And if you are not aware that you can already pay to get yourself on the front page of digg.....

But if you have the skills to get the bans lifted lol..... go right ahead.

1. ProCW profile image80
          ProCWposted 15 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

2. shibashake profile image83

Ah Mark, the healthy dose of cynicism that I've been looking for big_smile

First of all, hubpages was banned from reddit and delicious months ago. Way before my time smile Second of all, I wouldn't blame people for trying out those ban techniques because that is what many of the get high traffic quick tutorials advise people to do. Unless you try it out, you wouldn't know that it doesn't work.

Also I have read some of the articles on paying to get digged, and as far as I could tell, this method, as with many other methods may work in the short term but fail in the long term because they get flagged by community members.

What I am suggesting here is not a system to get crappy content on bookmarking sites, but rather a system where professionals (i.e. the people who *know* what the digg community likes) can look to places like Hubpages as a possible source of good content. By melding the two communities together we could get some nice synergies that benefit all. For example, an article may be well written but may need some tweaking to get it right for the Digg population. This is good information that a Digg expert can advise us on. And if the trusted social bookmarkers start popularizing legitimate links from Hubpages, maybe the ban may be lifted in those limited cases.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
            Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

smile

There are too many spammers here for that to work. And I can promise you that the value of an article on the front page of digg is not worth the time and trouble. Unless you have a very lucrative affiliate product.

I know how to get an article there, and I also know how to generate hundreds of thousands of page views from other sites.

Not worth paying for smile Unless.......

Which hubpages discourages - rightfully so.

You have no clue. big_smile

Sadly not everyone can be so knowledgeable and right about so many things. But it is better to speak up and learn now rather than be clueless all your life. smile

From my point of view, this is the current state of affairs:
              1. Hubpages banned by reddit and delicious. May get banned from more in the future.
              2. Reddit and delicious missing good sources of content from Hubpages.
              3. Many users always trying to "game" the systems in order to get traffic.

I don't know about you, but I really think that we can do better than that. Surely we can work "with" the system rather than "against" it so that we derive services that are beneficial for both communities. If there is a legitimate path to success, then users will be less interested in spamming/hacking the systems. 

The online talent agent idea is one suggestion that tries to find common ground across our two communities. The point is not about paying to get traffic, but rather how we can make related communities work better together for the benefit of all users.

Yes I know, I have no clue big_smile

5. ProCW profile image80
    ProCWposted 15 years ago

Bookmark away! smile

ProCW

6. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

I'm good... There's no need. And no need to pay anything...

I wouldn't do it

7. New Day profile image67
    New Dayposted 15 years ago

The way I understand it is that being on the first page of Digg IS beneficial, regardless of traffic or clicks.  The PR rank that is associated with first page of Digg is of great value, not only for the page/hub that makes it there, but others written by the author, as well.  I think it makes sense to try to work together to acheive the highest page rank (and traffic) as possible by utilizing bookmarking and social networks to the best degree.

I am ears to hear more (though I have to agree with others that paying for the service might be a stretch).  New Day

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)