Minister's wife has it away with a teen lover!

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (66 posts)
  1. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Well... this is one for the ladies... there is hope for us all (although teenager is a bit young for me!).   Comments?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8450854.stm

1. Diskobolos profile image56
      Diskobolosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is hope for you to do what? Become minister's wife? I highly doubt. Find a younger guy? Not so sure about that one either. End up in the psychiatric treatment like Iris Robinson? Possible, possible...smile

2. Anath profile image60
    Anathposted 14 years ago

Why are people so obssesed with other people's sex life?  Don't they have enough with theirs?

1. twuxedo profile image59
      twuxedoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My sentiments exactly.

1. Isabelle22 profile image60
        Isabelle22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

because whether we like it or not sex sells.

1. twuxedo profile image59
          twuxedoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To a certain type of person, I'm not interested in any facet of a strangers life sorry!

2. fallenpixie09 profile image60
      fallenpixie09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@ Anath- i definitely agrre with you there!

3. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Well... actually, I think it makes a nice change for older women to do EXACTLY what a lot of older guys do AND get away with it!

Have you seen her?  I want to know how she does it! LOL  Or is it she is powerful and the money was the attraction?

It isnt the sex, I say good for her (you dont know her situation... she might have been treated badly by the minister), I am curous as to how she managed to pull a younger man?!

1. Anath profile image60
      Anathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You say it makes a nice change for an older woman to go out with a young man but Have you noticed how YOU are being so judgemental about her?  What if she doesn’t look like Miss America, does it make it worst? Are you judging her for not being pretty enough? For having a young lover? For cheating on her husband? Or is this interesting only because of the money issue?

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No Im not judging her... Im just really curious!  I would love to have been the fly on the wall.  See the truth behind the mask of the media. 

Its a case of you tell me your truth (ie the media) and I will tell you mine (i.e. the wife).  I bet there is more than meets the eye!! x

2. Diskobolos profile image56

Lady, you talk like a fifteen and not fifty years old. Get your hormones together.smile

3. CMHypno profile image81
      CMHypnoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For an older lady pulling a younger man isn't hard - younger men seem to like the idea of all that experience and they think there will be none of the commitment/weddings/babies pressure so they can just kick back and have a good time!  The hard part is if either of the two get emotionally involved and it then doesn't work out.

1. profile image0

always leads to tears!

4. DogSiDaed profile image59
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She gave him £50,000 or something that she claimed off the state (or something similar) Now there's a big cry to get that money back, the teenager has denied all knowledge of the dodgy money.

1. profile image0

It will probably cost the state more than 50k to get the money back!

4. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I saw her picture, she is not bad looking at all. She is in real trouble though. Mrs. Robinson in the flesh. Dustin would be proud.

1. profile image0

hehehe... Mrs Robinson... how did she do it?  Was it the car?  The lifestyle? or was she just a hot MILF?

I think the £50,000 had a good deal to do with it.  I know men loosen the purse strings when it comes to their willys, but it surprises me that a woman is nunny led! x

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He was the son of a friend. I guess he was recently orphaned. She decided to take him in and care for him. She did too and recently set him up in his own business with funds from her political account and money she solicited from others. That pretty much sums it up.

1. profile image0

Yes.. she looked after him alright! lol

5. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Well, it's time for women to have young lovers, men have been doing it for centuries!

1. profile image0

Exactly!   A woman gets crucified for the act but a man has an underlying context of kewl.  Do you agree or am I totally off track here?

1. profile image56
        A. R. Brownposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was the" Minister's " Wife at one time , so to speak . Him 19 and me 35 . It ended up being a scandle . I  had recently been divorced ,about one year and a half . Him , my son's  best friend and a 7 month employee of my ex husband's . I was the hot mom and the hot wife of "the Boss" .It ended up being a horrible experience on my end , yet he got the thumb's up from all the "guy's" .When everything came out in thew open , I took alot of heat so to speak . Not him though . I tried to commit suicide a couple of month's later . If i had been the older man, I would have gotten the thumbs up ...

A.R....

1. profile image0

I think you are right.  There is a gender issue here.  She, like always, is scapegoated!  Save the career of the poor minister... we just dont know what went on behind the scenes!  Somehow, someway, I bet there was a neglectful man on his neglected wife!

2. Lady_E profile image62
          Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope things have settled for you now. Brave of you to post.
          Regards

1. profile image0

ditto!

2. Isabelle22 profile image60
      Isabelle22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agreed!

1. profile image0

ditto!!! x

6. profile image55
    Alexpteposted 14 years ago

I don't think this is the first older woman to have a younger lover - not really news is it?

1. profile image0

Well it seems news when she is married to such a high profile man AND using public funds to fund her lover!

1. hublim profile image68
        hublimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The press loves to ruin people’s reputations. Good news doesn’t sell newspapers, one reason I don’t buy them any more.

She wont be the first, or the last woman to do this however if the media can make money off of her “scandal” they definitely will.

So it was the press that ruined her reputation and not herself that did all the stuff that press wrote about?

You're completely correct, what I do not like is that this makes the news.

As with the Tiger Woods uproar recently, the press seemed to take great pleasure in destroying his reputation.

It seems Iris has enough problems without her life being dragged through the media.

Surely there must be something better to take up the news pages?

I don't like the yellow press either, but in reality they write about what people want to hear. Now whether they are all ruining people's reputations with pleasure is debatable, some of the press does. In this specific article it seems that they just stated what happened, without giving some personal opinions on it, so I don't see it as an attempt to ruin her reputation with pleasure.

2. profile image0

the press like to pump people up and kick em when they flander.  We are all human and sooner or later, we make mistakes!  So there is a story there at sometime... if you wait long enough!

2. profile image0

It has been known that the media plant women on men to create stories!  The media are too powerful!

p.s. i dont buy papers either x

7. CMHypno profile image81
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

The lady is now receiving psychiatric care and her husband has temporarily stood down as NI Minister.  Seems there may have been more than one younger man, but it sounds like the poor woman has emotional/psychiatric problems

1. Anath profile image60

Even I would have psychiatric problems if my sex life gets exposed in that way sad

1. CMHypno profile image81

True, but which came first the toy boy or the emotional/psychiatric problems?  Was the teenager just a symptom?  I feel sorry for them, that they have to have this played out in the world's media.  All the youngsters who want to be famous should take note - it's not all fun, they report everything!!

1. Anath profile image60

I hope that you are not suggesting that having a toy boy is a symptom of emotional/psychiatric problems?

No, I think what he was saying is that she did not flip out, because her sex life got publicly exposed, she was a nutcase even before she got with that kid. That does not necessarily mean that in order to get with that kid she had to be a nutcase.

Although a 50 years old married woman and a mother of 3 grown up kids getting with 20 year old guys is indicative of some emotional/psychiatric problem...

Btw, don't you think that the term toy-boy is a bit inappropriate for many of these cases, because at the end of the day he wasn't her toy, but it was the other way. These women often would do anything to keep this younger guys by their side and guys know that and use their desperation to manipulate them and get from them money, attention or whatever they are looking for.

1. profile image0

so who is the victim here?

1. profile image0
                  cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

her family!

1. profile image0

The kids always cop it!

2. profile image0

Do you think so? Maybe she had a need that wasnt being forfilled in her relationship?  Maybe she hadnt gone through that developmental phrase when she was younger, so he was the right boy at the right time... just a thought???

I find this fascinating to debate... not because of her but as a generalization. x

Even if her need was not fulfilled in her marriage, so what? It makes it acceptable to fucck around with a bunch of kids that could be her children? It is the selfish, me-first, I'm the only person that matters in this world, type of thinking in both men and women that is the reason of the breakdown of so many marriages today. Why do people think that every time they don't get something from their partner it is ok to go and get it somewhere else, regardless of the consequences that btw are most of the time suffered by their families.

Same with this going through developmental phase b.s. Today people find excuse for everything they do. People raping girls and coming out with excuse such as 'My mom didn't buy me a bike that I really wanted when I was 6' and   getting easy punishments, because ou my God he had a tough childhood, plus as the big parole in America says 'everybody deserves a 2nd chance'. Ridiculous.

p.s. I see that you find this fascinating to debate, the last 15 comments are yours.smile

1. profile image0
                  cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i guess personal responsibility is out of vogue...

1. profile image0

Perhaps she is suffering the consequences of her actions now.  I just wish the family and her well x

2. profile image0

Great comment.  I dont really have an opinion at the moment - just like to find out others perspective.

I do tend to comment in bulk because I am responding in bulk.  Surprise!... I actually go offline and return later, so dont make comments as they arrive.

p.s. everyone has their reasons for being and behaving in the way that they do.  The one opinion I do have is that I try not to judge... none of us know what people have experienced so we don't ultimately know their truth.  We can only know our own!

2. CMHypno profile image81

Not necessarily, but there are healthy/unhealthy relationships right across the board.  She is an intelligent woman who must have known what would happen if her affair was exposed, so was she emotionally in a good place when she started the affair?  She has also tried to commit suicide, which suggests that she is not particularly emotionally well-balanced at this time in her life.

2. profile image0

Being in the media spot light would give anyone psychiatric probs!

I should know... cos Im Angelina Jolie in reality! lol

8. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I just feel empathy for them as a family, I hope she gets the care she needs and that all is well in the end.

1. profile image0

arrh.. that is really nice. Good karma, my friend!

9. jacobkuttyta profile image44
    jacobkuttytaposted 14 years ago

You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.'But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

More religious crap? Really empowering.smile

Is this why pirates are depicted with eye patches and hooks for hands?

Do the same rules apply if you are a lefty?

2. Sufidreamer profile image79
        Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I find it very difficult to have any sympathy for her after some of the vile, insensitive, homophobic comments she made when a gay man was beaten to death in her constituency. Of course, she used the Bible to arrive at this particular conclusion.

Apparently, gays are an abomination, but adultery and stealing money is fine hmm

PS: Love the avatar!

Wow, you really do follow her 'work and accomplishments' closely.smile

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
            Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hehe - Due to family connections, I keep up with the latest news from Northern Ireland big_smile

And they do seem to have some news lately.smile

2. profile image0

I didnt know this!

2. profile image0

Oh come on!  If you are basically a good person and all you do is with good intentions then you can not be condemned.

If what you say is correct, the mere fact that you , my dear, has read this post makes you a sinner!  OMG..YOU ARE GOING TO HELL!

Go away and use your evil scare mongering satanic tactics on someone else.

10. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i don't understand the attraction to younger men. weirrrd...

1. profile image0

It depends on the younger man! hehehe

11. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

She could have just as easily gotten out of the marriage and jumped into the 'excitement' pool of single, broke and in love hornytoads. big_smile

1. profile image0

Very difficult when you have a high profile husband x

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)