The Importance Of Spiritual Health

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (25 posts)
  1. jenniferoutwater profile image57
    jenniferoutwaterposted 14 years ago

When we think of healing we often think of our general physical condition. What we seem to forget is our spiritual well being. Both are vital to our development and growth, yet often one or both are over looked. When suffering from prolonged illness, loss, depression, etc. it is essential to find a way to heal the spirit. It can be broken as easily as a bone. Whether it be via a religious organization or through your own searching, it is vital to have someone in your life who can help you find a method of healing.

Maintaining a healthy balance is essential for good health.  A diseased mind creates a diseased body.  So take the time to heal the mind and spirit and allow your body to function in a perfect state.

1. motricio profile image68
      motricioposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree with you.
      We need to keep a healthy mind so we can use our toughs to create and build our future from our present.

jenniferoutwaterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree with you more.  In my line of work I speak with so many people everyday who are suffering from mental, emotional, and physical health issues.  Most of which can be cured simply by changing their state of mind.

2. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said. smile

3. repstrydiefly profile image65
      repstrydieflyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

jennifer- How do you propose One would heal their Mind and Soul?

1. Cagsil profile image71

Cagsil raise his hand so repstrydiefy will ask him the question.....lol lol lol lol lol

2. jenniferoutwater profile image57

There are a million different ways to begin the process.  I think each person has to find an approach that works for them.  Our methods are as individual as we are.  Some meditate, others find it in a specific belief system or physical outlet such as karate.

However, I think the first and most important step is letting go of past damage.  By past damage, I mean that imposed on us by others in our youth or that which we attracted into our own lives.  Realizing that it is exactly that, the past and has no place in the present or future.  I use the example with my clients quite often, that if you buy a pair of shoes that hurt your feet you don't keep wearing them.  You throw them out and find a new pair that feel right and bring you comfort.  So for me, that is the first step.
        1) Releasing past damage

Second would be cleansing yourself of guilt.  One of the most useless emotions we carry.  Carrying guilt never fixes the past it only drags us down in the future.  If someone is guilty of a repetitive behavior that brings pain to themselves or others, then they have to release the behavior.  The guilt will not fix it.
          2)Cleanse yourself of Guilt

Third but not least.  Take responsibility for your own destiny and stop handing your personal power and happiness over to others.

1. repstrydiefly profile image65

jennifer- Thank you. Do you think it is possible for EVERYONE to change their state of mind?

or do you think some people might be too damaged to renew their spirits or change their mind states?

cagsil- How do YOU propose to maintain YOUR mental and spiritual health??

I think it is absolutely possible for everyone to improve their mental states.  There is no damage that can not be undone if the will is there.  However, in extreme case such as manic depression, OCD, etc... help is needed from a professional to identify blocks or patterns that need to be released.

Since our minds are constantly firing with new thoughts, ideas, and memories which are constantly changing our psyche we have the ability to control what is being processed/downloaded in these neurological connections.  Simply by choosing thoughts that make us feel happy and good we change the condition of our mind.  Being that the mind, body, and spirit are all one interconnected organism when we change one aspect it affects the others.  It's the trickle down effect.

2. Cagsil profile image71

Hey repstrydiefly, it was a joke....hence the 4 lol lol lol lol after my statement. I didn't seriously think you would bother to ask. big_smile

But, I always keep my thoughts positive, regardless of what I am feeling or what other outside influences try to have an effect on my foundation of understanding of life. Things that don't jive with my understanding, are evaluated for positive aspects, and hegativity, then I discern the truth from the influence. Once I have been able to see the differences, I am then able to act accordingly, so as to not let it affect/effect my overall mental health.

My spiritual health isn't of the mystical sort, but to maintain my love for humanity, regardless of what they do to me or to others, by helping those who are damaged from the outside sources of influence in their life. I build my own spiritual shield, so as to be able to move freely, in and out, of conversations, as well, as other people's lives. smile

4. profile image0
      Millionheirposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree spiritual health is essential for a human beings well being. It doesn't necessarily have to be religion but it has to bring you balance in life.

5. Greenheart profile image58
      Greenheartposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jennifer.
      I totally agree with you.
      A healthy spiritual life is as important as a healthy mind and body,i think.
      And there are so many forms of spirituality.
      So many paths.So many experiences.
      On this note,i would love to share something of my path.
      You can find it at http://hubpages.com/hub/AdiDa
      Bye for now.Gavin

2. Ms Chievous profile image66
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

Jennifer,  How do you propose to get people to accept responsiblilty for their actions?
    and what do you do for a living?

I can't propose that they change their condition, I can hope that they will. Accepting the accountability for our lives is the hardest part of the process.  For me personally it took writing down all the things in my past and present that I felt the most regret and pain over.  Once I had an outline, I made a separate column to represent who was to blame or at the core of those issues.  When reviewing my list it became quite clear that almost all of my personal issues had stemmed from fear.  I realized that I was responsible and so I took each scenario listed and created a new column for the solution. Those solutions became actions that I immediately implemented into my life and daily routine.

Example:  The failure of my marriage.  At first glance I blamed him for not being who I thought he was. In the second column, I created a fictional image of him to suite my own wanting instead of see him for who he really was.  Conclusion, Take more time to get to know people and only attract those things that are true and in agreement with what I want for my life.

As for the Psychic part...lol  It is a title I don't care for but until I decide on a new word for it, that one will have to do... I much prefer to look at my work as guidance or coaching.smile

Do you insist that poetry helps mental, physical, and spiritual growth as you are looking within yourself for answers?

3. Ms Chievous profile image66

Spoke too soon.  I see that you are a psychic!

4. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Just wash your spiritual hands before your spiritual meals, and everything will be fine kids! wink

1. Cagsil profile image71

lol lol lol

5. Ms Chievous profile image66

Jennifer
    we both are similar in that we " hope" a person will change.  I am a little more hands on than you are in inspiring change as you are a little more spiritual in facilitating change.
    I work with many people who can't or won't change. That is whay I was intrigued about your statements.

I understand.  You know, I can only approach this from my experiences both personally and professionally. My hat is off to anyone who is promoting health, no matter what method. smile

2. pinkboxer profile image60
      pinkboxerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I also work with those who suffer from what I call " spiritual malnutrition ".  Neglect of one's spiritual self leads to a total breakdown in the physical body and mental state.

6. gramon1 profile image61
    gramon1posted 14 years ago

Jennifer, you were right when you discovered that most of your issues came from fear. Fear is our worst enemy. Fear creates anticipation, which contributes to negative thinking. The next  major enemy is hate. Hate and fear destroy sanity and happiness.
    I work with the most disadvantaged people. In my experience, I have learned that the third enemy is blame. We must not blame ourselves or others. We must simply focus on what we can do and how we can get to do it.
    I was born with a paralysis given to me by the doctor that brought me to this world. I never looked back or asked why. I never listened to anyone that expected me to achieve less. I climbed up trees, skated, and bicycled. It just took a few extra falls.
    Never fear, never hate, never blame! Then, you are ready for the big step: believe in yourself, set goals that are realistic for you (not what others think is realistic for you).
    No matter what life has given you, you don't need to deprive yourself of whastever makes you feel good about yourself. This is how I feel we can be happy!

7. heart4theword profile image61
    heart4thewordposted 14 years ago

I never really believed the concept, until later years...that what effects us physically also effects us spiritually.  Until I experienced it first hand, and didn't get better physically until, some spiritual things were delt with.  Now I can see it, clear as day:)

8. Debby Bruck profile image66
    Debby Bruckposted 14 years ago

Spirit is the source of all unease within the physical realm. Our spirit searches for meaning and is joyful when that is found in all we do. The difficulty comes when we do not have an explanation or understanding. We keep asking why? Sometimes, there is no answer. In these times, we search for acceptance of what 'is.'

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)