How Many Of You Have Blogs?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (36 posts)
  1. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

No links please, as they get flagged for self-promotion. I was just curious to know how many of us hubbers have blogs and how frequently you update them.

I just started mine, but I'm at one update a day ... I just hope I can keep thinking of new things to write. lol!

Which brings about another question I forgot to ask ... How long have you been adding to your blog?

1. falcon64 profile image60
      falcon64posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have one blog,it's about selling a real estate and something about me. Sometimes I visit, but no new update for a year now.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

I have three websites, all using blogging software but the emphasis is on the eBay affiliate shop, with the posts secondary.

3. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

I have been blogging since last October, I usually do something every day, but I would rather do nothing than add something that, well, is just crap, some days I will just add a picture that I have taken, I think its best to write something of interest, I focus mainly on Irish Politics, where as on the Hubs I feel I can share cooking, art, poetry, it seeme to lend itself to alot more, I find Blogging can be a very lonely place compared to hub pages, you really are on your own when blogging.......

4. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

2 blogs, 1 forum, 1 social bookmark site (science niche digg style).

5. theirishobserver. profile image60

Marissa as you know I am new to this whole process, I first started by commenting on the news poll of our national newspaper and then started to Blog, all new to me, not a techno head, what is affiliate, ebay whats the story with all this....

6. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Affiliate means you promote products of some store/brand and get commission.

Amazon, Ebay, Clickbank are known publisher which gives you code to post on your blog/hub so that they can display ads which if clicked by customer and after making purchase it gives you commission for that product.

7. theirishobserver. profile image60

thanks skyfire, I will read about this more, never done it, only discovered yesterday that I can click comment at the top of account page and read comments without having to go through every Hub, sad, need more time to get used to everything,all new to me...

8. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

I have a blogger site, but nobody ever looks at it. The same at
    yahoo buzz. I get maybe one view a day. It seems that no matter what I do, I can't get anyone to look at my work.

I am doing pretty good at Redgage though. I think I might have a blog there too. But, I have so many things going on. I'm not sure.

9. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I just started a new blog actually. I want to post links to all the great articles that have helped me learn about keywords and seo and all that stuff here. If it proves even just a little popular I will do similar on other topics smile

10. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

I've got a newish blog in which I post recipes using foods that have particular health advantages. It hardly gets any traffic and I don't update very often. I also have a blog in Esperanto, which gets even less traffic big_smile

11. Greg Cremia profile image60
    Greg Cremiaposted 14 years ago

15 websites and a blog which i stopped working on for technical reasons. Hope to get it back active again sometime soon.

12. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I have several blogs. Some get viewed more than others.  Some are private, for correspondence with multiple family members.

13. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I have nothing but my HubPages account.

I do have an Amazon storefront, but presently not operating.
    I do have also a Facebook account, but don't use it either.
    I belong to a couple of forums, but rarely visit them either.

Don't know if that's what you wanted to know.

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image69
      Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cags, given you average 120 posts per day roughly, I can understand why. big_smile

1. NewYorker profile image58
        NewYorkerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen!

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And, who are you to talk? roll

104 posts in 6 days! That's less than you do daily!

2. Cagsil profile image70

Smart A$$!!! smile lol

3. Cagsil profile image70

Then again, even if I do post 120 times a day?  I am online for more than 15 hours a day. So, posting 120 times, would be fairly simple. And, writing had taken more of my time than anything else. Plus, other things I am working on outside. smile

Are you online 15 hours a day? Don't you have a job?

You want a job, go search for one. Working for self or being self-employed is the only way to go. Jobs are dead-end departmentalized positions, no different than slavery. But, if you choose to go get one, then by all means, feel free to do so.

14. Jeffrey Neal profile image69
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

I have multiple blogs that are updated with varying rates of frequency.  Since they are niche blogs for the purpose of affiliate marketing, I am not all that worried about regular updates.

I am starting a personal blog next month which I am planning to update at least three times per week. I have had the domain reserved and Wordpress installed with theme picked out for a couple of months, but my other sites and HubPages have been more work than I've had time for.  Next month I will not be on HubPages very much as I work on my other projects a little more closely.

15. Sa Toya profile image84
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

I've just started one this weekend it's a resolution of mine...adding it to my bio soon, once it's fully sorted.

16. Jeffrey Neal profile image69
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

Oh, c'mon it was a fun little jab at Cags, but he's free to do what he wants.  No harm meant. smile

But, your insinuation is out of context, which is seen How exactly?

You lok at what you said? Then, tell me what someone else would think about what you said.

Hence, the conversation I'm now having with someone else. smile

Just a thought. smile

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image69
        Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If someone wants to use my words to start something that's on them, but I meant it as a friendly poke since you chose to list some things that are yours but perhaps neglected because of HubPages. smile

Anyone who spends ten minutes in the forums knows you are the king of posting! smile Nothing wrong with that, but I just got a giggle from your initial response on this thread...that's all. I'll be the first to admit that the forum is addicting and it keeps me from doing what I need to be doing since I'm not making any scratch while I'm here.  See ya' round. big_smile

17. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

I have several blogs.  Some of which I post to at least once a day and the rest I post to at least once a week.

I do have a few that do not get updated regularily but I need to go where the money is when it comes to my blogs.

Of course I also have the blog I started to post other hubbers hubs on.

That one can be found in my profile and there is also a thread here to post hubs you would like put on the blog.

Cheers

Dale

18. fishtiger58 profile image68
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

I have 3 blogs and one website.

19. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

I have 20+ websites all using Wordpress and thesis as the CMS, but only one blogger site that could be accurately described as a "blog"

20. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

I have 2 blogs are blogger. One is for promoting articles here and the other is for my art work and occasional sketches, tips and love for fellow artists. I update the promotion one when I have a new blog.

I update my art one more frequently when I have new art or sketches. Not everyday as I'd rather post something relevant than crud. This blog is newer and I get a lot more hits without even promoting other than on my profile...it's interesting how it all works.^_^

21. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years ago

I have one blog about home improvements,green building, and green products, basically I try to update at least once per day. I have seen decent traffic and actually get some traffic here from it since I have a link from my blog to my pages here.

22. profile image0
    WildIrisposted 14 years ago

I have two blogs, but they  are very narrow and connected to a social network for home schooling, so I didn't put a link to it my profile. I also have an eBay storefront and I am putting together an Amazon storefront for my home school blog.  120 post a day??!! Do you ever get outside?

23. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

I had creating a blog as one of the items on my 'New Year' list and I held myself to it. So far, I'm just using it to exploit my odd sense of humor, but I do have bigger plans for the future.

For now, I plan on tinkering with it to see what's possible - what's not - and to determine if it will be a toy, a fad, or an income maker. smile

24. KeithTax profile image72
    KeithTaxposted 14 years ago

I have a blog and a website.

25. efeguy profile image40
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

4 blogs,update daily

new write up every 2 weeks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)