Lyrics is banned !

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (22 posts)
  1. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

She e-mailed me and asked me to tell you !
    she doesn't know why !
    sad

2. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

WHAT?  Thats is crazy.

tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes! It is. Maybe was the wankers thread ??
      Go figure !!

1. Jane@CM profile image60
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm just shaking my head and walkin away - she was attacked and now this.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Possibly because of her personal attacks on one Hubber, which she reposted multiple times.  I assume it's only a 3-dayer.

Which I think may not be a bad idea, as it's never a good idea to participate in forums while you're emotionally stressed.

4. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Hopefully someone at Hub Admin can tell us why.

5. Maddie Ruud profile image71
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

I emailed her about it this morning.  She'll be reinstated to the forums in three days.

And why ??

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tantrum, the lesson is - two wrongs don't make a right.  When will people learn?

If someone makes a personal attack on you in the forums, report HIM and ignore it.  Don't launch into an even greater attack in retaliation - and certainly don't repost the same attack multiple times (which is what Lyric did).

I expect the other party has been banned too, but because he's not well known, no one is going to start a thread about it.

Looking at her exaggerated email to Cagsil, it sounds like she's still in a highly emotional state, and therefore quite likely to reoffend, so it's probably for her own good that she's forced to take a short time out.

Look, I'm not going to repeat myself, but I said once, I reported people saying really harsh things, and nothing happened.

Laws are for everybody or for no one. that's what I think

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
            Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That doesn't mean you should give up reporting them - and I maintain, even if they don't get banned, treating them with disdain is a more effective response than attacking back, which is exactly what they want.  Why give the attention-seekers the attention they seek?

2. Maddie Ruud profile image71
        Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Personal attacks result in 3-day bans.  Lyrics herself admitted in the thread that she'd accept being banned in order to say what it was she wanted to.  She clearly knew the consequences.

I also recommed this advice from Marisa, which I've said myself multiple times in different ways: "If someone makes a personal attack on you in the forums, report HIM and ignore it.  Don't launch into an even greater attack in retaliation."

I'm not sure what else to say on the subject.

nothing else.
          Thanks

2. yoshi97 profile image57
          yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lyrics just lost her father, so in no way was she in the right state of mind to deal with someone attacking her character. As such, she found herself incapable of holding back. And as said in her post, she willingly held her head out on the chopping block to strike back at someone she felt hurt her when she was at her worst moment, knowing full well what would come of it.

The three days will give our girl some time to mend over her loss and I think what she really needs right now is for us to let her know we all love her, we support her, and we are here for her (I know I am), and I am certain she would not want her friends staging a coupe against Hubpages over an act she knew would get her banned for three days.

Lyrics, if you read this (and I know you're checking in) we're all here for you and we'll all see it through together. Work on that Valentine's Day hub and know that we all care about you as if you were one of our very own. If you need to email me, you know my address. Be strong ...

6. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

tantrum, wouldn't make sense for HB Admin to just delete the thread v. banning someone?

just a thought.

I would let everybody say whatever. But I'm not HP So....

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

. lol. that i am sure you would.

no, i meant, we own two websites that have forum structures. If we get an email about 'unruly' comments, etc we just go into the database and delete the thread. makes more sense than a 'dramatic: you've been banned!' kind of thing, eh.

2. Mamelody profile image61
      Mamelodyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm in favor of that.. banning is too harsh..

3. Mamelody profile image61
      Mamelodyposted 14 years ago

poor soul.. i know what its like to be banned.. been there done dat.. but hope she gets her BOOBS back here soon wink

4. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years ago

This is the email she sent to me.

HELP PLEASE LET EVERYONE KNOW I HAVE BEEN BANNED LOOKS BAD MAYBE PERMANENT BECAUSE OF TROLL

5. Flightkeeper profile image68
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Three days is better than 30.

6. ASHWINSPGA profile image58
      ASHWINSPGAposted 14 years ago

Damn. http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz182/lorrissa/ANGRY.gif

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)