Lowest scores for my hubs ever

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 15 years ago

For some reason unknown to me both my latest hubs have received the lowest scores I have ever known despite them having gone live yesterday and had many hours in between when I posted them and both hubs - Autumn Foraging and The day I nearly met Jesus - have both atrracted many comments already!
    Despite this The day I nearly met Jesus only has a score of 25 and the other hub has 26!
    I thought scores went up not down for new hubs! Can anybody explain what's going on please? Right now it looks as if the more comments they get the lower they go!

2. premsingh profile image59
    premsinghposted 15 years ago

It looks someone has flagged the hub and thumbs down. If this is the case you can check the warnings by clicking 'edit' tab of the hub. I just checked the hub. It has all the content and there may be no other reason for such a low score.

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Just so you know, a flagged hub does not incur a HubScore penalty.

2. Bard of Ely profile image79
      Bard of Elyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this info!

3. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 15 years ago

May be it is because it is already published in internet and so it is classified as Duplicate

None of my hubs are already on the Internet and if they are already published in print I check they are not online so it cannot be that!

4. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 15 years ago

If some one has flagged your hubs lot of times, it wont affect your hub score to come that much lower, because all multiple thumbs down from the same IP address, will be counted out by the end of the day automatically

5. guidebaba profile image57
    guidebabaposted 15 years ago

Even I published a Hub Yesterday and it has a score of 16 even though it is on the first page of Google and Aol Search (Top Electronic Companies). There is surely something wrong. yikes

1. profile image0
      shinujohn2008posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Test the changes by reducing the external links you have put in your hub

Mine have dropped again and now down to 21! I agree this must be wrong!

1. Lissie profile image76
        Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Something is definitly wrong - with your word count you should be in the 70's with your latest hub and its not a duplicate penalty - I checked.  I'd contact team @ hubpages.com if it doesn't fix itself in 24 hours or so

1. profile image0

Yes Lissie, contacting hub pages will be the right thing to do at this moment. May be some updation work or maintenance is progressing at hub pages.

Thanks for the suggestion - I have emailed them!

My hubs are down to a pathetic 18 and 10 after nearly a whole day! ;(

6. guidebaba profile image57

Mine has TOO MANY External Links and Your has NONE. So this has nothing to do with the external links. Those Hubs with pictures of B@@BS are getting Higher and Higher Score. *Frustrating. *

1. profile image0

Nothing to frustrate,Ranking system is based mainly on Traffic it drives to them. If photo hubs have the power to get 5000 visitors daily from google,Yahoo and MSN then their score will increase. No need to worry about it. I have many times seen that my hub score gets lowered very much,when people try to make thumbs down from different user ids(even though they use the same ip address) and the fact that i like much about hub pages,is that the scores will be automatically put up back by the system or up than it was before. This is because more thumbs down by the same ip address within 24 hours are not counted. Photo hubs get higher score,because of hubbers who unnecessarily thumbs down them and gets themself penalised for spamming the system.

Make hubs that people like to read or see, without thinking that all hubs you make should get higher scores. If the topic you choose got lower score,then leave it and just go to another topic which is the most wanted at this time.

Guide baba,one more thing,after seeing your hub http://hubpages.com/hub/Serena-Williams
      i wonder why you said  " Those Hubs with pictures of B@@BS are getting Higher and Higher Score. *Frustrating"

Do you think  your hubs don't have the so called B@@BS  in them

7. guidebaba profile image57

Yes , I published those Hubs when I initially joined HP because I had no idea what to do here. Gradually I learnt. Even the Hubs on Women that I have published has NO NUDITY. If it was NUDE then SERENA would not have been there. It would have been TAMIL NUDE ACTRESS. ALL OF MY HUBS ON WOMEN ARE NEAT AND CLEAN.

1. profile image0

Ok guidebaba.....leave it....let us don't argue over past things....

8. guidebaba profile image57

DID I MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT YOU OR YOUR HUBS ? GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR STYLE.

9. guidebaba profile image57

Thanks !smile

1. profile image0

Thanks for your sweet smile. 5 smiles for you guidebaba

smile  smile  smile  smile  smile

10. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 15 years ago

If it goes any more wrong I'll have zero score for one of the hubs that is now down to 10!

11. larryfreeman profile image78
    larryfreemanposted 15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that the hubpages team is actively working on fixing this statistics issue.  There is a problem in the generation of hub scores and in the reporting of hub views 

We will have it fixed as soon as possible.

-Larry

Thanks for explaining, Larry!

12. premsingh profile image59
    premsinghposted 15 years ago

To be noted for future. This is strange and new experience. Anything is possible in the computer age. My account page is full of blue arrows (falling traffic).

13. nyliram profile image58
    nyliramposted 14 years ago

I have a Hubscore of 5, very worrying, but then I still must write the Hub and am unsure. Do you always start so low.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image58
      Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, no disrespect, but like you said you haven't actually done anything yet.

It will soon rise once you start publishing hubs, etc.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)