Today, I Was Informed By My Kind Followers, That I'm Under Attack!

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (48 posts)
  1. susanlang profile image60
    susanlangposted 14 years ago

Greetings to all the kind and thoughtful friends and hubbers I have found here on Hubpages.com website.

Let me begin by saying how greatful I am to the owners of this website. Thank you!  You all provided a place where people of all kinds can come to and express feelings, thoughts, opinions, offer information about anything and on any subject. (As long as we stay within the Hubpage rules that is.)

And we may do this without fear of being bullied, harrassed, threatened, lied about, slandered, singled out, provoked and botherd by any unwanted hubbers in any way.

For that I'm greatful, thank you!

However, today I was sent many emails from fellow hubbers who wanted me to know that we have a new hubber, who as of today, went behind my back and lunched an attack on me personally. I was informed of this by way of emails I received today.

This is all I have to say about it.

Not true. Distorted. They are in denial.

I find her to be provoking and a bully!

This is my story and I own my thoughts. I have said this before and I'll say it again, anyone wanting to see copies of court convictions involving crimes, which are infact related to my story, or, wanting to see newspaper clippings about my story. Or, any signed letters from others involved in my story, you need only make the request and I will respond.

Bully, please back off and stop trying to provoke me.

Thank you everyone!

Warmest wishes,

S.

2. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

that's very sad to hear...sad I fail to understand why another hubber here would want to deliberately hurt you like that.....I for one, find your hubs very inspiring....

susanlangposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, myownworld. Maybe they dont want the book to be published.

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Have no idea who you are talking about...

Misha, if you follow my  hubpage, to the right, where it lists all activities, just look for any comments I have not allowed today, next to their hub name. Hope that helped. smile

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nah, I think only you can see this information. smile

1. anjalichugh profile image68
          anjalichughposted 14 years agoin reply to this

<personal attacks are not allowed in the forums>

4. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I follow you and didn't hear from anyone and I wouldn't have believed them anyway. that's terrible. it could be a regular who make a new account. good for you for standing up for yourself.
    bullys suck.

rebekahELLE, I love you sister !  Thanks for the up lifting words of support!  smile

2. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I got the email from this new 'member' who attacked her.  It read as follows:

"I really would like you to check out my hub it is the other side of the story to susanlang's content , her hubs are being taken to the proper authorities.. I thank you"

I will not post a link to the hub she wrote so as not to draw any attention to it. It really did not hold any validity whatsoever. Was obvious is was meant to criticize and attack.

donotfear,

I didn't allow her rude and harrassing comments from last nite. However, someone posted a comment  to my story " Mommy, daddy left the door unlocked."  I think that might have been her too. I did allow that one to post. However, I left a counter reply to it.
        Please check it and tell me what you think!  Thanks for your smart understanding. And, your ability to see this through a CLEAR window is so helpful to me.

Susan

1. donotfear profile image83

I'll do just that. Look at all the encouragement you're getting here! Isn't that great?!

5. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I would make sure you let HP staff know about the hubber. it sounds like it might be someone who knows you and is trying to discredit your stories?  I would't believe anything I received from a new hubber.  hang in there, your stories are compelling.

yes.. your right, they have been abusing, bullying, provoking, lying, mistreating me and using my son against me, after his father distroyed him that is, for many years. Now, they want to stop the book from being published.  How would you suggest I go about informing HP?

1. myownworld profile image74
        myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

seems u might need a lawyer instead.....! neutral

smile now why would you say that?

2. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Notify the staff by e-mail they're pretty good at replying.smile

ok... thanks sneakorocksolid smile

3. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

jeez. this is scary. sad

i'm sorry this is happening to you. can't Hubpages ban them for life?

Well, I sure hope Hubpages see's this as a rules violation and does just that. Sending out  the e mails to my fans attacking me, then drawing them to her page in order to have them read her garbage lies, is clearly  harrassing and bullying. I've been a hub page member for 3 months now and no where in my stories do I name names, addresses or phone numbers. And yet, my attacker becomes a new member just 3 days ago. Harrassed me, Sends out emails informing my fans of who she is. Therefore, infact, she wanted everyone to know her identity. She gave up her identity. Not me. Infact, if she is 31 years old as I understand it . My son is 30 yrs old. I met his father in 1974 and married in 1975. Jumping to the chase here, my son was born in an emergency c- section in 1979. The point is, my attacker was not born yet when I met and then married her brother in law. Infact, she was not born until nearly the same time my son was born.. give or take a year.  So my attacker has no first hand knowledge of anything related to my life at least up to the time my son was age 17. Futher, I think someone said my attacker admits she has only been married into my ex's family, for 10 years... Due the math. She has no direct knowledge and alot of false information with 2 cups of distortions thrown in the mix !!  Ok.. I vented for the day smile

6. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Ignore them they're not worth it! Do you have any cookies?smile

Thanks sneakorocksolid. smile  cookies? no, but I'll ask the cookie monster. smile  kidding.  please tell me what you mean by having cookies?
      Thanks friend!

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a sweet tooth look at my picture!big_smile I know it's tacky to ask for cookies but it's all I got! Keep your chin up you're way better than any bully!smile

Ha..ha..ha  and what a big tooth you have indeed. Thanks for all your support, I dont know what I'ed do without you all. I luv ya all !

7. K Partin profile image59
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

susan, very interesting. I was not a follower until a few minutes ago. And I'm glad I am, very well written and compelling stories. You keep doing what you're doing. It's a treat for all of us that follow you! Thanks smile

Bless you and thank you for your touching and kind words of support
      K Partin. And I'll follow you as well! smile

1. K Partin profile image59
        K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are welcomed. Don't let anyone interrupt your wonderful writing! Be strong.

It is with your help and all my hubbers. smile

8. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Documentation.smile

Oh yes.. I have plenty of that!  Do you want some?

9. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Hey Susan....you have a great bunch of folks here to support you. From the tone of the "hub" that was written against you, I don't take it seriously. And I imagine that most other hubbers won't either. I got out of Jr High a long time ago, but some people are still there. That was the tone of the alleged 'hub'. Get my drift?

Great talking to you on the phone! I'll tell all the folks here what a really talented, dedicated lady you are! Keep it up, keep fighting the good fight of Faith. Verbal assaults hurt, but only temporarily.

We're kindrid spirits.

donotfear, it was a real pleasure speaking with you on the phone today, your a diamond in the ruff girlfriend, bless you and thank you! smile

10. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Big hugs ((())) Susan.

Hello Jane... I felt that hug all the way up here in Maine. Thanks!

1. Jane@CM profile image61
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good!  I love Maine! smile

wink

11. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

we're all behind you girl, xo

I want names, profile links even a place of birth. damn.

1. donotfear profile image83

Way to go Lyric! Ha...you know what it feels like so you relate well. Turning that negative input inflicted on you into a positive to encourage somebody else. Very freeing.......(Still thinking of you and your situation)

12. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

dang girl! who is this person? I read the one comment as the fake person offline with the stupid name of theothersideofthestory. phew that was a mouthful. but still who is the hubber? She needs to know that we hubbers don't take harrassing lightly.

13. Clem-Blem profile image60
    Clem-Blemposted 14 years ago

I had no idea this kind of playground behaviour was going on on HP, whatever happened to professionalism? hmmm!

Susan, take courage and keep doing what you're doing. You dont have to waste a single moment on any haters.

Clem

1. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This playground behavior is far more common than you would think.  Its the internet.  Professionalism doesn't exist with too many people.  Very sad for those who have gone through this crap over the last couple of weeks.

2. susanlang profile image60

Thanks for your kind support Clem smile

14. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

That is nuts! Notify hubpages nobody should be under attack! Happy hubbing. smile

I have contacted Hubpages, thanks AEvans smile

15. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

I have to agree that this type of behavior seems to be happening more and more here.
    It's a big change from when I started here and without exception everyone was supportive.

16. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Something made me curious these days on hubpages. Why most of the people are getting into attacking authors ? I mean either they have lots of time to spend on trolling or they don't realize that time is money.

17. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

susan. . sending you warm hugs.. and all the support you need is only a click away  .. i know you have lots of friends here backing you up. . count me in as one more

much love and light

shari

18. anjalichugh profile image68
    anjalichughposted 14 years ago

Susan's attacker lives at this address:

<link snipped>

What do you all say...let's knock at her door and knock her down.  She might just get back to her senses.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)