Sexual innuendo in pet forums

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (78 posts)
  1. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

I don't appreciated them...

Is there any way this can be avoided? I really think it's a way to get attention to the hubs. Most of the threads are so that people go click to find the hubs that have pictures related to that thread.

1. Sara Tonyn profile image60
      Sara Tonynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. Thanks for mentioning it though you'll probably get some negative comments for doing so. sad

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

careful, if you start mentioning your dislike of sexual innuendo around here, you'll get labeled a prude or get accused of reporting their threads roll

i agree, the sexual innuendo around here is ridiculous. and it's not just in the pet forum; it's all over, which is unfortunate.

You summed things up nicely. I'm far from being a prude but all the sexual innuendo throughout the forums is ridiculous. It looks like high school graffiti...

3. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

well you can always report it. just push the report button on any comment, you deem inappropriate and tell hubpages staff about it.  i know I have in the past, and it's often worked.  alot of times if you do, then they'll <snip> out the comment that you reported or they'll just close it if there's too many complaints about the forum.  Anyway,  I hope that helps.

4. Whitney05 profile image83

I try to ignore it, and yes I do report it. They're all still there.

I only really spend time in the pet and the upper forums, so I don't know about the others.

5. profile image0

it was cute for about five seconds...

6. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I did answer to one hope that doesn't make me a bad person..just reliving fond memories

7. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_puPnPftfoLI/Sv3IWD8DZxI/AAAAAAAAARE/2EJ6fpMeXhU/s400/kittens.jpg

We're a bunch of pussies, and we agree!

Wait, is that innuendo or double entendre?

8. profile image0

hmmm...im sorry to hear that then.  i guess we have too many perverts on this site i guess.

9. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://cristal.inria.fr/~harley/ecdl3/pics/butthead.gif

Huh Huh.  He said in you endo.

10. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

They are only WORDS people. Let's try to keep our eye on the ball. It's a forum people, it's open for public discussion.

Should you feel that you do not want to participate in the forum thread which is showing something you do not like, then I suggest you not visit the forum.

It simply makes sense. Everyone, I don't care WHO you are, use words everyday to drive home a point and if you're uncomfortable with the choice of words others use, then I can only hope that you would respect others.

Everyone plays on words. We are writers, for which, we need to draw attention to our work. If you feel that sexual innuendo is seen as a problem, then you really don't understand the power of "sex sells" and should simply not participate in the forum thread.

Reporting it, isn't going to get it taken down, because it is a PLAY ON WORDS which is in no way a violation of any of the term of HubPages.

Just a thought. smile

Yeah, you're right. It's outrageous to ask people to do anything other than whatever they want to do as long as no HP rules are broken. What nerve. How thoughtless and demanding.

What a huge imposition it is to ask people to voluntarily keep the sexual innuendo off the pet forum. You know, where it clearly belongs. It's an outrageous request. Censorship! Censorship! Freedom of speech violation!

Writers need to plaster sexual innuendo all over the place; that's what writers are supposed to do. Everybody knows that.

What a load of crap.

I can't believe the total lack of cooperation...

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hee hee i almost spit out my water. big_smile

wheee.........

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Basically, what Cagsil is trying to say, since by his own admission in another forum, that he thinks the worst case scenario for all men, so I"ll translate his dialogue for rest of us inferior males.  lol.  he's basically saying that if you don't like what's being said in a forum, it's your problem and  you don't have to participate in it and just leave.  isn't that right cags?  no offense to you personally bub, as I'm not trying to start a fight with ya.  I'm just merely translating for the rest of us guys that are ALLEGEDLY inferior to you and joking with you right now.  lol wink lol  lol

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Steven,

Just to let you know. I am offended. You're sad attempt to understand or "translate" my words, was NOT required or needed.

By your post, you take digs at me, yet claim no offense. You need to seriously evaluate yourself.

You seem to mock me at every chance you get, then claim innocence. Which is ridiculous.

Enough.

1. profile image0

Cagsil, I'm merely joking with you.   However, if what I said offends, then you need to get over it.  Seriously, if I wanted to insult you, then I'd be cursing at ya or saying much ruder things to you.  Trust me.  Besides, you need to develop thick skin, as I was offended yesterday when you said that statement how you often assume the worse case scenario about all guys, but you conveniently don't place yourself in the same category as other men.  Which translates to me that you think your better than all the other guys on hubpages.  Not saying that's what you think, but that's how it registered with me.  However, I didn't take it personal at all.  If anything, I just laughed about it later.  That's  all.  Seriously, Cagsil its online forums, so you shouldn't take  ANYTHING people say to you seriously on here.  In fact, there's only like 4 people on here that I take opinions close to heart.  I won't say who they are, as I don't want to offend anyone.  However, that's the way you should feel too.  For a guy that claims to be so intelligent, I'm surprised I even have to tell you that.   sheesh.

3. Mamelody profile image59
      Mamelodyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said dude and frankly people who want things done their way should be booted off the forums. This is a public place and anybody is free to say whatever they want so long as its within the guidelines of HP.

Quiet frankly if you don't like sexual innuendos then I think you're weird.. Its so much fun tongue

1. profile image0

oOo, an angry mob is forming. i think i saw some pitchforks and torches lying about.

"booted off the forums"? yikes

okedokee then, "mamelody"...

4. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And urine looks a lot like apple juice. But if I start urinating in the middle of the table during a board meeting I'll lose a lot of respect.

There's a time and a place for playing around with words. And sexual innuendo in a pets forums isn't the place for it.

1. Mamelody profile image59
        Mamelodyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol :lol definetly the funniest thing I've heard today lol big_smile big_smile

2. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol oh Darkside...I didn't need the mental lmao

11. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

why are people judging the threads yet are constantly in them.  It's odd this sudden burst of criticism. Just don't come, nothing is going to change in this regard in the forums that's for sure.  No disrespect to anyone.

1. profile image0

i don't know about threads being constantly gotten into

i do know about this one though.

the OP made a good point, and one that i agree with, so i added my two cents.

it's the new, improved me.

hope ya like it wink

Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not constantly in them either. I don't recall saying anything on them, but I may have... I ignore them, but it's getting much and to the point where I try not to go to the pet forum anymore bc it plain pisses me off to see them there. It's childish and plain immature. We're all supposed to be over 18 here, grow up. That's all I'm saying.

When they get published, it pushes to the top and I see them anyway. When they're published I see them on my main page bc the pt forum is one of my chosen widgets. I can get rid of the widget but doesn't mean I won't see them ever. It's b/s.

Cagsil and Sara, you're definitely borderline rude. You may not care who I am and I don't care who you are. I was just giving a complaint that didn't deserve the attitude in your comments. Writers don't need to plaster sexual innuendos all over the place; be mature

Either way, they're gone..
        Thank You Hubpages Team!

1. profile image0

oh i wasn't talking about you at all Whitney.

i was responding to Lyrics's comment about people coming into threads with sexual innuendoes in them.

i agree with you 100 %, believe me. and i find it funny that irish is all silent on this when he (or she) is the one spamming the forum with these threads.

and i think Sara agrees with you also, if i am reading her correctly.

2. Sara Tonyn profile image60

Whitney, I TOTALLY agree with you. I was merely trying to point out how ridiculous I thought Cags response was. I was poking fun at it, I wasn't being serious.

I'm sorry if I didn't make that obvious enough. I should know that sarcasm doesn't always translate well in writing. My apologies.

Gotcha... I wasn't sure.. I am sorry about the misunderstanding.

No problem. I should have made my point much more clearly. smile

3. profile image0

I agree with you.  I think it is sad that in a community of writers where we're all suppose to be creative, that we can also act like idiots at times.  Although I do enjoy flirting with a friend of mine on here every now and then on the regular forums like "hubtribe", "do you believe in love at first sight", "last to post wins" or whatever.  However, those are usually in the hubber's hangout forums or romance forums, where I deem it appropriate. 

In other specifically categorized forums like Entertainment, religion, and stuff like that.  I usually try to always be on topic about what the forum is about, while respecting others opinions.  However, some people don't see it that way.  Which is sad.  Like just the other day, I started a forum called "Oscar Snubbs", to have a serious conversation about the snubs for the oscars,  yet it didn't take long for people to turn it into a joke.   Nobody took it seriously except for two hubbers, that like to write a lot of film reviews also.  It's really sad.  We're supposed to be a community of intelligent and articulate people, yet we act like idiots.  Very sad if you ask me.

12. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

eye on the ball or eye on the balls lol

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

roll lol lol lol lol lol

13. profile image0

roll

14. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Absolutely right, I cant mention my Rooster but someone is suggesting something unwarranted....I thought I was the only one that noticed...I was going to call 911...yes I am that sad and unwanted smile

1. profile image0

hey, the cat has arrived! well at least he manned up big_smile

well i have to go finish two hubs. don't kill each other while i'm gone yikes

2. Whitney05 profile image83

You can mentioned your rooster, but why do you have to refer as you do? If you're mature about it, talk about your rooster. If you're going to be 13, then don't.

All I'm saying is, search engines do pull up the forums, and I know other sites that won't let their users use certain words that are used here bc Google frowns upon them and because they may have potential issues with Adsense because of those words. 'Cock' is one of them.

Plus, plain immaturity of having to see it.

15. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I used to really enjoy the forums, but have sharply curtailed my participation in the last couple months.  One issue was the heated, unfriendly atmosphere in the religious forums, which grew to encompass deceit.  The other was the juvenile exchanges hijacking so many threads.  IMO this cheapened the whole HubPages community experience.  I resent statements that I should just “leave [the thread] if you don’t like it”, but that is essentially what I’ve done.

I completely agree.

I think the "If you don't like it, leave" answer to things is a total cop-out by people who can't come up with a real defense for acting like children.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know what you mean. 

The snigger-behind-the-bikesheds threads (why is my cock....), and the aggressive fundamentalist/atheist threads, dominate the "latest posts" no matter which forum they're posted in.  That's annoying for people who don't want anything to do with them - we have to deal with that by going directly to the topics and forums we prefer.  It's annoying when even those forums are invaded by silliness.

I agree with Whitney - if people want to be juvenile, then the Sandpit is there for them. Please don't pollute the other threads with your attention-seeking.

16. Whitney05 profile image83

I know you weren't talking about me. I was agreeing with you in terms of me not being in the threads either.

Sara seemed either really sarcastic with her last post or being rude. I saw her previous posts but just couldn't tell. If it was sarcastic, then I definitely apologize!

17. theirishobserver. profile image60

Cock in the English Oxford dictionary means 'male chicken'...how can any one take offence at a male chicken...perhaps it is the people who have warped minds that are reading such things into it....perhaps people who are frustrated with life have nothing better to do with their time.....we call them sados in Ireland what do you call them smile

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It was funny first time. Not funny anymore for a long time already. Post them in a hangout or better sandpit, and people are much less likely to complain.

2. profile image0

PERVERTS!!!  lol lol lol

1. rmcrayne profile image91
        rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

steven read again.  I think you are essentially agreeing with irish, and from your posts, I don't think this was your intent.  He is asking what to call those of us who "jump to conclusions", thinking vulgar, vs assuming the dictionary definition of "cock", being a male chicken.

1. profile image0

oh sorry.  I didn't realize that's how  it came across.  I was just merely trying to answer his question thats all in a joking way,  since he seems to like to joke around a lot.  however, i'm sorry if i offended anyone by saying that.

3. profile image0

roll

you know what i hate?

when people deliberately allude to one thing (i mean. c'mon, we are all intelligent here, right?) and then, when we react in a less than positive manner, act all innocent AND put in on us, and then call us names too.

i was trying to like Irish but now i just think he's a creep, so i guess i agree with the person who emailed him. oh wait that was Hokey. never mind. but i still think irish is a creep yikesbig_smile

4. Whitney05 profile image83

It's the wording and phrasing. There were other ways you could have said what you did. You were also using the thread to  get people to go to your hubs- specifically opening threads for the purpose.

18. theirishobserver. profile image60

Stevennix2001, thanks for that contribution smile

1. profile image0

your welcome irish.  by the way, loved your review on invictus by the way.  smile

19. profile image0

Whitney he knows EXACTLY what he is saying.

don't let him kid you.

20. Whitney05 profile image83

Cossette, I know.. He's just being childish about this. One just can't be that ignorant as to what he's saying.

Either way, I'm done with this thread. I just wanted to bring up the issue to HubPages. I had reported a few of the posts a while back, and they were still there.

21. theirishobserver. profile image60

we had a couple of good threads in pets and animals today, its  a pity that when we do have good animal threads the people who should be there arent, I have went back through hundreds of threads and I see that the complainers are the ones that contribute the least, this goes way back, Im only here 20 days, whose fault was it then, perhaps sad people need attention, I dont know, I have just receieved an email from one of the top hubbers telling me to ignore the complainers as every now and again they simply try to draw attention to their sad existence, however, while I appreciate that email, I do think people have a right to be heard smile

1. profile image0

roll

what is a "top hubber" anyway?

wha do you mean by "contributing the least"?

what, you actually managed to go back through months and months of forum threads and hubs and conduct an exhaustive research into the activities of HubPages members?

you joined four weeks ago, yet you somehow managed to psychoanalyze anyone who disagrees with you, as well as summarize their forum worthiness.

WOW

impressive.

you're the only person posting nonsensical sexual-innudendo threads and yet you label dissenting posters as "attention seeking"

omg haha that is too funny big_smileyikes

22. Sara Tonyn profile image60
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

Hmmm. I just received emails, Western Union telegrams and smoke signals from "top hubbers" (whatever that means) telling me to ignore those who need to use sexual innuendo and post nearly 2000 times in one short month in order to draw attention to their sad existences.

See how that works?

1. profile image0

hee hee

as if this forum is the top hubbers. Hubpages has over 100,000 members, yet in his narrow view, only the top hubbers who contribute stuff use the forums.

where is this alleged "top hubber"? why does he or she not come to his assistance in his hour of need?

big_smile

23. profile image0

hmmm...look folks. lets just try to get along here  and not bicker amongst ourselves.  please, we're supposed to be a community of creative writers, not a bunch of petty kids online talking smack.

24. theirishobserver. profile image60

Misha - I hear what you are saying, such cam and collective words make sense, I was however called a creep and stupid by others, which is sad, but you know I forgive them.....I have complemented them on their hubs and writings and I get personal attacks....that is very sad.....if someone wanted to be mature and adult they could have sent me a message in a less negitive way and I would have responded in kind.....my feelings have been hurt and I am disappointed....thanks again Misha for your mature comments......

So you're the poor innocent victim here, eh?

Umm. Ooookaaaay...

I can see it's time for me to get outta here and go write a hub.

25. profile image0

hey...steven

you handle your business the way you want and i'll handle mine the way i want. the only people on this site who get to tell me what to do are members of the Hubteam.

1. profile image0

cossete, look I'm NOT telling you or anyone what to do right now okay.  As I'm actually on your side of this argument.  However, i apologize if it came out that way.  I'm just saying that we should try to get along since when I first got onto hubpages, I read a lot of hubs before I posted on here.  Including yours, and that inspired me and convinced me this place was full of great writers and civilize, yet articulate individuals.  However, with the way, we're all arguing now contradicts that if  anything.   I'm sorry cossete that I offended you, but that's all I was getting at.

1. profile image0

thanks steven. i noticed that you are chummy with these people so i assumed you were taking their side in a knee-jerk way without listening to other people's opinions. i would go back and read your responses again but i don't think it's necessary.

p.s. sorry about posting right after the other but i cant get the hang of this quote feature yet.

1. profile image0

Thats cool.  I'm still getting used to it too.  lol  I'm glad to hear that your not mad at me then.  As even though we don't talk to each other that often, I am a huge fan of your work.  smile

1. profile image0

really?

i had no idea.

in that case, i take back all those mean things i thought about you wink

(just kidding)

hmm i shall have to visit your hubs and see what you are about. smile

1. profile image0

lol.  that's cool.  I appreciate that.  smile

26. profile image0

well then I guess I'm on a lot of ppl's crap list since I do chat on "sexual" pet forums, I hijack forums, and I have posted a lot in the short time I've been here...huh...oh well!

1. profile image0

well you're not on my "crap" list.

i don't have a "crap" list, actually. so you like 'em, so what?

look, i like the occasional double entendre...i have even written about that in my hubs. but c'mon, all the time all over the forum?

i certainly don't have a problem with you over it. you're not the one posting them.

oh hey and as far as being "weird" because we don't find them funny, mamelody...really? you figured that out just from that hmm?

interesting. do you have a degree in psychology or something? roll

1. profile image0

Yes I get what you are saying. sometimes one too many is too many but that is just how some people are and how they post.

and yay no crap list lol

1. profile image0

hee hee smile

thanks, Darkside, for yet again saying just the right thing with few words. it's a gift, no doubt.

1. Dame Scribe profile image56
            Dame Scribeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A guy of great class I think, big_smile bravo! DS

2. darkside profile image63
            darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For some reason people are very wary of drinking apple juice when they visit me.

1. Misha profile image63
              Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I always smell it first wink

27. profile image0

you too cosette lol I'm trying to get the hang of the reply button still...it's kinda weird lol

28. profile image0

dang it! Did Sara already leave? I wanted to ask how she was holding up...

1. profile image0

she's writing a hub. which is what i should be doing. yikesbig_smile

1. profile image0

writing hubs...what's that? lol yea I am trying to get ideas down for the nature and animal going beserk short stories...right now thinking for giant hogweed is kicking my butt.

29. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

It's just reality.  The scopes of human interest/humor/sensibility are too wide to expect anything other than this sort of argument.  There will always be those who have the mindset that enjoys cock and pussy innuendos, those who detest them, and those who wobble back and forth depending on how clever the innuendos are case-by-case.

Short of censorship by one faction that will gut a free-speech (semi-free speech in the case of HubPages) community and make it into some evangelical form of singularity on one pole or another, or just kill it outright, you're always going to have this sort of thing. 

The existence of trolls and those aspiring to trolldom make it worse, but really change nothing for those who know what to look for.

30. CodyPhrenism profile image56
    CodyPhrenismposted 14 years ago

Beats vagina cat...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)