Existence of GOD...?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (87 posts)
  1. profile image0
    suraj78posted 14 years ago

"God is formless, because if He possesses a form He could never be Omnipresent, nor, therefore Omniscient; since a finite substance can possess only finite attributes, actions and nature. Besides, He could never be free from hunger and thirst, heat and cold, disease, imperfections and injuries. This proves, therefore, that God is formless. If He were to possess a body, another person would be required to make the different organs of His body, such as eyes, ears and the like, for He, who is the product of the combination of the different parts, must have an intelligent formless maker. Here if it be argued that God Himself made His own body simply by willing it, this too goes to prove that He was formless before He made His body. It is clear, therefore, that God is never embodied. Being without a body He is able to make the visible universe out of invisible (subtle) causes... Nor can the incarnation of God be demonstrated by reason, just as the saying of a man, that space entered a womb or was put in a closed hand, can never be true, for space being Infinite and Omnipresent can neither go in, nor come out; similarly, God, being Infinite and All-pervading, it can never be predicated of him that He can go in or come out. Coming and going can be possible only if it be believed that there are places where He is not. Then was not God already present in the womb and was not He already present outside that He is said to have gone into and come out of it? Who but men devoid of intelligence, can believe in and say such things about God? Therefore, it should be understood that Christ and other were also not incarnations of the Deity — being subject to fear and grief, births and deaths, they were all men."

1. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pure assumptions. Just like religion. Religions assume lot of things on behalf of god by assuming that god is answering them.

Why god has to be formless to be omnipotent ? Have we tested the power of omniscience  to say that it requires no form ?

One more escaping theist statement is god is beyond logic, in that case you're praying to something that is beyond logic ? Err, it's like sending Mobile SMS-text to radar beacons. And that way people even want to be with god ? Holy Pamela-anderson how come one can be with god by assuming he's beyond consciousness and logic?

If you keep on answering questions on these lines you'll see that unless you test and verify you can't prove anything. Mere assumptions are personal opinion and we can chew lot of bubblegum with it.

1. profile image0
        suraj78posted 14 years agoin reply to this

you are saying this by denoting to only religion. But one thing I have to clear that God is beyond the religion. Because no religion is so perfect to prove it's theory, personally i don't believe in any religion.

Well first assumption here you made is god exist,which you can't prove. If we're created from god then there is creation for god as well. You can't assume that he created himself or he's without creations. If you moving with that reasoning then those are again your assumption.

One point you need to think about is if god exist, he gives damn to what is going on in universe. Any intellect that created this universe will not waste time accepting prayer emails and species management on any random planet. if he's cause of creation of species then he can create similar like us any time he wanted, he's got no reason to accept prayers or have time for thinking about us.

Besides anything we assume for god is  just mere assumption, cause we started with assumption that god exists. wink

1. profile image0

One thing I have to mention world is the combination of three things- God, Soul and Matter. These three things are eternal, they can't birth or die. God means if you take example of any object in world have some reason. like chair made by carpenter by woods for other. this principle applies to all universe.

Lol, those are your assumptions. For starters, let's bring in Empirical evidence of soul ? is there any ? If you come up with that evidence then expect Nobel from Dr.deepak chopra who failed measurably to prove this many times  wink

1. profile image0

no dear now you are thinking about soul which was explained in many religions, means souls that become ghost or can be seen with eyes. But i don't believe the souls like that. soul is so micro that it can't be seen by naked eyes. and anybody is trying to prove it then i don't think this is possible. every body cell have its own life they who are we? means we are different from body. we know that body become unconscious after death means the consciousness is the property of soul.

Any test to validate your this piece of info ? No.

In our india, we play lot of word-salad for things like soul, consciousness and spiritual blah blah. and when it comes to empirical evidence all goes down.

1. profile image0

so are u a indian, then you have some knowledge about Vedas.

2. Valerie F profile image61
          Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If God is omnipotent, then God can, if God so desires, take on a form.

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and if he was any type of potent we would not be in the mess we are in! smile

1. profile image0

We will in mess if we do or done any wrong activity, like disobey the natures law, so it is wrong to think that if God is present then will be alway mess free or happy.

2. profile image0

God is greater than us so thinking that doing odd things by God is impossible. Because then you will say that why he is alone, why he is not creating another God for help and many other questions. If God take a form then he will not present in all universe, he became from only one region then it is impossible to him to handle all universe.

3. profile image54
            (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, apparently he took on the form of a carpenter who got himself crucified so that he could fool the people into believing he died for their sins and then rose from the dead.

Silly people.

1. profile image0

I will say that God never take the form.

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hogwash. There is no god.

There is no creator of the universe. No singular individual created the universe.

You want to get in the creator debate, you better bring more than your sad assumptions.

The Earth wasn't created by any singular individual either, nor was humanity brought forth by the power of any individual entity.

The Earth progressed/evolved on it's own. The Earth came to be because of the universe exists. Human life came about from Earth's progression/evolution forward.

To say anything else is simply unsupported by an facts/truth.

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

However this comment is true smile

2. profile image0

I think you haven't read my full article I am not saying that god is single individual who belongs to any religion or country. I believe in God who is formless and present in every particle of the universe. Don't relate my views with any religion because i also don't believe in religion.

3. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You expect us to read all that text clumped together? and when it's about that G word!! you must be crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. profile image0

??

1. waynet profile image68
          waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. profile image0

I am not expecting that you must read whole my thoughts, I am just saying what I think it is totally up to you to be agree or not.

4. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Suraj:
      May I ask what this "god" thing is you write about?
      I cannot accept opinion or conjecture as a credible response.
      There is no definition that can be produced in ref to this "god" thing in any other than in opinion or conjecture.
      If you cannot factually define "it," I must consider you to be just another imaginative person who is easily led.
      TY...:-)

1. profile image0

I don't think that this is conjecture and it is important to see that no religion can prove the existence of God at this time. But we don't know what will be found after some days. smile

1. qwark profile image60
          qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Suraj:
          You misunderstood.
          I asked you a question: "What is this god thing you mention?"
          I didn't ask you for proof.
          What is it?..in terms other than opinion and conjecture.
          Ty

2. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

Hi, a very interesting topic philosophically, metaphysical, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, finite, infinite
    HMMM< this is a never ending debate  -- we are just self centered human beings always curious about ourselves--BEING and BECOMING, existence, LIVE and LET LIVE,

Good day to you and good luck on your thoughts!

1. profile image0

Thank you so much dear. It is my pleasure to to read positive response. I think this topic is so challenging, but we have to share our thoughts with different views to know more about it. I believe that if any one it trying to prove his theory, he must prove it with some scientific manner.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is total nonsense. Why even mention science if you are postulating a god from nowhere? Are you going to scientifically show us this god?

And - does this invisible god have any instructions for us? Do you have a message from it? Will I go to a special place when I die if I believe? Will it make any difference if I pray to it? DO I need to do anything at all?

If not - who needs it?

If so - it sounds awfully like religion to me..... lol

1. profile image0

let me explain God is not person link stated in many religions, it is one type of energy which is maintenance all universe. You can say this energy God, Means he is formless, and if you are thinking about how he do all natural activities then the answer is simple that by combining smallest particles in the world, science is also going towards this concept and call him Nanotechnology.

How you know that god is energy and it is maintaining universe. any test that validates your claim ? wink

Besides this question, what made you say that universe is maintained ? I see lot of out of order things ..... and nanotechnology , LOL man you're going rhetoric pseudo science way lol

1. profile image0

if not then can you explain me how the all processes in universe are taking place.

Define process in the universe first. Big-bang theory and inflation model is good for starters instead of approaching universe from spiritual side.

1. profile image0

if you think that all universe created by one big ban or some thing else then you have to prove that all the matter in the universe is created after that. But this is not possible because nothing can be created from zero.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

Meaningless garbage. Because your next argument is going to be that matter can be created from zero - but only if a magical invisible super being does it.

What are you arguing for? To prove that you do not understand the big bang? That much is clear. Not a big fan myself, but it certainly does  not say that something came from nothing. All the energy required was already there.

2. skyfire profile image79

Let's start with spelling "big-bang". Another thing you have no clue about Big-bang. It starts from singularity, All matter and energy existed in an infinitely small point of infinite density a long time ago, and has since been expanding as our universe.

This is where God concept fails and not big-bang. As even god requires creation as it can't come from zero.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

If this god is not a person - why do you refer to "him"? And what difference does it make if this non-person exists? None? Why bother wasting your time assuming this exists? What are you going to do with this knowledge exactly?

It exists and in no way interacts with us. Great. What use is that?

3. Rishy Rich profile image73
            Rishy Richposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Suraj..if you say God is energy, then the lighter I use to lit my cigars is also God, the Tube light in my ceiling is also god, nd any source of energy would be god..it doesnt make any sense

1. profile image0

what do you mean by energy also, are you considering only fire and electricity are the form of energy? suppose if you have to move any object then you have to use some type of energy. Like that some type of energy is present in the universe which is maintaining this universe. I think there will be some time to know more about it scientifically.

3. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

God's an a hole=)

1. profile image0

What do you mean?

2. profile image0

@ skyfire but what do u think Vedas are not worth of knowledge.

Not knowledgeable ? Poetry has it's use for those in faith. So it's not waste for those who follow religion. Ayurveda has it's uses same goes for charak/sushruta text. But if you want to get answers for cosmology then sure it is dated and has religious touch which helps it go down more.

Vedas are part of santan dharma for describing universe and our lifestyle. But taking it too ahead for the sake of flaunting ancestors by calling as ALL-knowledge in competence with science is far fetched in my opinion. (i don't fall for those RSS propaganda of saying everything was there is veda and science is now discovering it part)

1. profile image0

you can't say that before reading it. contact me on email we will talk there after 15 min

Lol another assumption from you that i haven't read it. lol

Typical indian thinking that hints" if you disagree with vedas then you've not read it. lol

1. profile image0

oh where did i said that i haven't read it, i know good as comparing to my age about Veda. By the way from which resource did you got info about Veda?

You've problem with comprehension. When i posted this statement "if you disagree with vedas then you've not read it. " that means it was YOU who made this remark to me in earlier posts. duh..

Bhandarkar Institute Pune, is the place from where i've got enough info for vedas.

1. profile image0

According to me you must visit any Arya Samaj for more knowledge about Veda because at this time Arya Samaj have more than 6000 branches in World. And I know no other organisation have more knowledge about Sanskrit and Veda.

Sorry, i don't trust PRO-religious organizations who pretend to know veda. I prefer work of credible government institutes like bhandarkar institute and national mission of scripts(because of these two institutes rigveda was honored by UN).

4. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

exactly what I said=)

1. profile image0

But I don't think this type of discussion is worth. Please if you don't believe in God then feel free to tell your thoughts, so we can make good conversation.

1. topgunjager profile image60
        topgunjagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Look at the world today=)

5. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

I don't know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn't.

1. profile image0

@skyfire  I am not saying that you must agree with vedas after reading it but have no right to refuse it also.

lol Why i have no right to refuse it ?

6. errum fattah profile image61
    errum fattahposted 14 years ago

hey mate! its good topic but sorry i m not having any idea this time. I just like this so am leaving this little comment.

1. profile image0

Thank you so much dear! Have a nice day. smile

7. quicksand profile image80
    quicksandposted 14 years ago

... are we in a mess? smile

Yep. Too many starving. smile

1. profile image0

what type of mess? sad

2. quicksand profile image80
        quicksandposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just feed 'em! That should "unmess" it up! smile

I'm doin what I can. Need more money!Lots of kids out there hungry.
          I really like how Bill Gates is building his fight against disease and hunger. I heard an interview with him on the BBC. He will get to spend it all but his family, especially his dad are working very hard to get money past the crooks and in to communities. He is now showing other organisations how to do the same. smile

1. profile image0

?????sad

2. quicksand profile image80
            quicksandposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The main task is to get it past the crooks. However my hats off to all those (including you) who are involved in such noble projects.  I wish I too could participate. Cheers!  smile

1. profile image0

I think this is one of the great noble work than any other, to help other is greater than any religion. smile

2. earnestshub profile image80

smile
              Bill has still got a big dollar coming in too! I wish there were a lot more like him. smile

8. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I still don't see any god fixing aids, or malaria, maybe Bill Gates is god? lol

1. profile image0

It is true that we are facing some problems, but if we think about that why these all things are happening then we will find that there must be some mistakes made by human being against the Nature that arise some problems.

or that if god made humans he made a mess of their minds! smile

1. profile image0

soul and God are two different things, God made only bodies from the matter not whole human, so God can't control the behavior of human being, if we think in positive manner then we find our self more blessed than other animals, God gave us basic things like air and water then food, so it's up to you how to think positively or negatively.

We agree on one thing. It is up to myself to feel positive or negative. smile

1. profile image0

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)