Hello from Pam Grundy

Jump to Last Post 101-107 of 107 discussions (369 posts)
  1. ksha16 profile image57
    ksha16posted 14 years ago

lol

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

To lighten things up. This from the Questions:

http://hubpages.com/question/38445/will … or-30-days

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you going to do it?

3. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

haha!! big_smile yikes oh boy...

4. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Hey, if HubPages goes along with that, I want to be next.

1. profile image0
      blatvaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would love to go back home :3

Have you even been to SanFran?

5. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

This is still going on ?
    I agree with SP

Why open this thread ??
    Anyway !!!

Poor Pam and Lita !

1. yoshi97 profile image58
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. If someone feels they had a bad experience somewhere they deserve to voice it, just as staff should have the right to rebuke anything said if they feel it's out of line.

As much as I'm sure the staff would love for every hubber to have a pleasant experience and go on extolling how great Hubpages is (I know I do) can we honestly say that everyone will have that great experience?

And if they don't, must they be silent about it? So long as they aren't making up lies and stating "Yeah! Paul canned everyone off the site last night because the Simpsons got cancelled." then I see them as doing nothing wrong.

Some people keep bad experiences inside ... others express them outwardly. I see no harm as it's only a dissenting few.

And if there should be 80,000 dissenting opinions? Well then, I suppose management would then need to reexamine things. Hubpages cannot be everything to everyone, but it should fulfill the wants and desires of the majority and I believe it does just that.

Sadly, staff get a bad rap for enforcing Google's rules - not their own. I just added them in part III of my latest hub, and I think many of them would surprise us - as they read like a long version of the rules here. And they should ... as Hubpages is protecting their Adsense account ... and ours.

However, it's easy to blame the staff, as they are here in front of us and easy to approach (which isn't common with many sites as large as Hubpages). And they take it on the chin, allowing the blame to fall on their rules, rarely citing that it's actually Google's rules that are often being violating and they're just the messenger.

Those that fell out of terms with Hubpages actually fell out of terms with Google. As such, they should be angry with Google, but any attempt at expressing that to those who lost their accounts would be fruitless now as it would be perceived as a diversion to stave off the attacks - but it is what it is.

So, if everyone feels threatened by a few dissenting opinions, carry forward - but I'm here to tell you that the site continues to grow, so these opinions do nothing to harm Hubpages. After all, you can't grow a large website without making someone upset ... it just doesn't work that way. I've owned several successful websites with forums - I know this to be true. The fact that Hubpages can do right by so many is phenomenal, and a tribute to all of the hard work the staff puts forward.

So, let's not vilify those who left, but rather, see it for what it is. Mnay felt cheated by Hubpages, when in fact, the cord was cut because they were violating Google's TOS.

And in the case of Pam, I think she is being caught up in all of this because she feels she was jaded by the membership. I can't say if she was or wasn't, as I barely knew her. That's not to say that she wasn't worth knowing, just that I never hung out in the same circles long enough to get a chance to know her. I would have liked to have, as many good things were said of her in the past. And so, I choose to remember her as she was presented to me, and ignore what is happening now.

After all ... all of the posturing and resentment serves nothing but to bolster the pack she has fallen in with to believe we are arrogant and willing to turn on anyone who was once a member - and I am certain they have convinced her of this.

So, I ask you ... In a room full of disenchanted people, do you not find yourself falling to the same disenchantment?

No one is the bad guy here. If anyone wants a fall guy ... pick me ... for not bringing the Google TOS to everyone's attention earlier, so we might all recognize why many of the rules are what they are around here. I've got broad shoulders.

And I know ... no member should be held accountable for not posting a hub sooner to help others understand things better, but attacking the ones who already feel jaded would serve no more of a practical purpose than attacking me for not publishing my article several months sooner.

And the staff isn't to blame, as they constantly post the rules on the forums, before every hub is written, and everywhere else they can think of. But we have grown to think of them as Hubpages rules only - and because the staff is so nice and friendly we seem to think we can bend them to our will and talk ourselves out of trouble later. That's just not the way it is. Google doesn't bend and the Hubpages staff bends as far back as they can without snapping in half.

If any fault is to be laid at the footstep of the Hubpages team then it's for being cordial, friendly, inviting, helpful, and tolerant - all within what they are allowed to be by Google's terms. And I will add visible to that list, as I see the staff constantly on the forums, which is a large task for a few people running such a large site. This puppy don't run on autopilot ya know - it takes lots of work to keep this behemoth upright and stable.

So, if ya need a bullseye that's here and willing to take one for the team ... I'm right here. smile

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Aren't you just bumping it yourself, Tantrum and Yoshi? wink

1. yoshi97 profile image58
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Twasn't my intent ... I sorry, me bad sad

Actually, I had weighed my thoughts on the idea of posting something to rebuke what was being said by others outside of Hubpages, but I never weighed my actual thoughts on what had been said and I felt I should as I have far too many words to express on lesser issues.

As I said before, I wanted a clear head for this post and I could see clear enough to voice upon rebuking what was said, but I had to really think hard about whether we should be angry with Pam and Lita or not.

It was a difficult call for me as I was friends with Lita and I didn't want that to weight my words. However, I barely knew Pam and I didn't want my lack of knowing her to sway me the other way.

And so, I waited until I could add it all up and see how I really felt, casting emotions all aside and just going with logic and my last post was what I came up with.

But you're right (I gotta stop saying that or everyone will think I'm becoming another Misha groupie - haha!)

It's best to let this one lay to rest. smile

7. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

i decided to join in on the Hubpages Scam / Hubpages Sucks train myself.

Very interesting can you opened here, Misha.

..I have had these URL's claimed for quite some time, todays debates urged me to use them

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
      Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL I ruminated on it myself in one.  How funny.

1. sunforged profile image69
        sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

its good to see you back around, You were not so active for quite awhile?

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)