Stalkers

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (119 posts)
  1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Do you sometimes get the feeling that someone or something is stalking you?

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yup.

I HAVE been stalked. Long story...

1. Beth100 profile image71
        Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too.  And that feeling of being watched and followed just doesn't go away... sad

1. profile image0

Thats why Justine isnt my real name....

but, you'll always be Justine here  smile  And I'll be watching over you (in a good way).  smile

1. profile image0

thanks.

2. Sara Tonyn profile image61
          Sara Tonynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me three. That's why I very rarely give out any personal info on the Internet anymore.

I don't either.  Posting my pic was a chance I took, but it was calculated.  So, I am now just a big, fuzzy, warm polar bear!  lol

You, me and Justine should stick together.  A triangle is the strongest formation for support.  smile

1. susanlang profile image59
              susanlangposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ok, glad to do that. Thank you! smile

2. Sara Tonyn profile image61
              Sara Tonynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds good to me. smile

2. susanlang profile image59

I respect your rights, Sara.  In my case, I'm working on a book and I have to use the Internet for networking and other important things are going on.
            I will not be run off or pushed around anymore. smile  Sara, are you on my fans list?

I was stalked here on the hubs just two weeks ago by my former spouse and his sister in law, who, oddly enough, just happens to be his niece as well. Oh yes, sent me nasty comments, contacted my fans and lied about me, put up a hub page and lied about me in a crazy confusing story she made up!
      But, the Hub Team was right on top of it, they took it down. So, yes..I know what that's like. I'm still getting the phone calls at home and receiving e mails which threaten to "punch me in the face."  But, I should not have to run away from or change anything I'm writing about on the hubs, because I'm following the rules.  smile

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Susan I am so sorry to hear you have had to go through that!
        That must have been horrible.

Thank you for your supportive understanding IzzyM. Are you on my fans list yet? smile  I'm still going through it Izzy. I'm told there back in the hubs under different names now. They want to stop the book from  getting published.
          I receive e mails to my other box, some are very concerning. My phone rings, my husband or I answer it and the guy on the other end starts laughing and says "your a loser" then he hangs up. The calls are always spread out. I receive a call like that  1 or 2 times a month. So I can not get the phone company to put a trap on my line. I was told the calls have to come in everyday for at least a week before the phone company will do something. I know who it is. I used to have an unlisted number. But, my husband said a few years ago, we need to cut some pork out of our budget, so, we cut things out in many areas. Like cable tv. We now only have very limited channels to watch. But, it's for the best in helping with the high cost of living. smile

1. IzzyM profile image87

Get an answering machine to pick up all your calls. If its not a strange call you can still pick up after the machine has kicked in.
            PLus if they do say anything to the answering machine, it records!

Thanks for your suggestion Izzy. However, I have people who call me and I just can not miss their call, some of them just refuse to leave any message on any machine. So if the machine picks up, they hang up right away. End of story. I no longer have caller ID, so I can not call anyone back. smile

1. IzzyM profile image87

Can't you tell everyone you'll be using an answering machine and that when it kicks in they'll just to yell "JEAN, PICK UP!!", and isn't there a last caller ID you can get by dialling something like 141?

No Izzy, I talk to people who as I said, refuse to say anything into an answering machine. Not even to yell out my name. Some people just do not want to bother with a machine Izzy. That is not uncommon. many people are like that. Please, just except it. Thank you.

No caller ID. As I said in an earlier comment I left on this page, My husband and I down graded our phone system in order to save money. When you do that, you longer have all the extra's on your phone system.

1. profile image0

push *69. it will tell you the number and time of your last incoming phone call. If that doesnt work, look in your phone book, there is a section about security and stuff, and it wil tell you the correct code to type in. I cant afford caller ID either.

2. profile image0
                TattoGuyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That cud so easily be a salesperson, I get loads of them, thing is if you cant miss their call why do you not answer yer phone, you need serious medical help.

3. RKHenry profile image63
      RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm curious IE, does this have anything to do with your spirit stalker hub, about the ex hubby?  Or do you have someone who is stalking your sexy butt?  I'll stalk you, if you want me too.big_smilebig_smilebig_smilelollol

4. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay to answer the question...as a writer I have become slightly more paranoid so I do check over my shouldrs constnatly and whenever I go for a walk, my body is always ready for a fight or to run.

And truthfully my husband was my stalked back in HS. big_smile

1. profile image0

Before I go to bed can I say congrats on 200 hubs, yer hubby is a lucky guy and thanks for guarding my back, loves ya, nite xox

1. profile image0

Thanks TG your the first to congratulate me. have sweet dreams Capn'! and you are very welcome. smile those are the same reasons I don't post in here anymore...after this I'm gone again.

1. tantrum profile image59
            tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Love the drama ! big_smile
            hi crazd !

5. goldenpath profile image67
      goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Several times.  Most often when I retire from a day's work as a clergy.  I've been followed and verbally attacked in this manner.  Of course, at times it feels like stalking when I post on a forum and certain people seem to come out of the woodwork to place me under a truck.  In all things just keep tolerance and understanding as your foundation.

Thank you, your a smart man!  many blessings to you goldenpath smile

2. Hokey profile image59
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Yes. Misha.    roll

1. RKHenry profile image63

Bravo!  I concur.

wink nice to meet you.

3. Beth100 profile image71
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

yeah, they're green, short and highly intelligent.... tongue

ha ha ha  and they have a room at Area 51 smile

Sure it's not District 9?  Oh, those were prawns...I think we ate them all there.  ha ha ha

ha ha ha..  your funny. thanks for the evening humor Beth smile

4. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Yes ! I always offer an autograph ! big_smile

1. Hokey profile image59
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi tantrum

5. Hmrjmr1 profile image70
    Hmrjmr1posted 14 years ago

Usually something...
    Hey tant and hokey!!

1. Hokey profile image59
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello!  big_smile

6. tantrum profile image59

Hi guys ! tongue

7. profile image0
    TattoGuyposted 14 years ago

Susan methinks you watch too much tv, methinks a change of medication will help.

smile  TattoGuy, since you prove to be very rude and lack information related to any facts. I have reported you to the Hub Staff. Thank you. smile

I heard BadCo was back.  Looks like he is up to his old tricks.  Whats the matter badco aka tattoguy, ran out wine?

Don't mind him, he is mostly likely drunk, yet again.  Though I think you are being a tad sensitive toward his comment.  Don't post something, if you don't want some kind of negative backlash.  It's hubpages for christsake.

1. profile image0

Lol tis my friend RK you looking medals Rk, and I am not drinking my friend, see RK once upon a time you were somebody, now yer just someone lookin online medals lol !

Yada, yada, yada....

At least I have the same handle.lol

1. profile image0

Lol do you know how sad that sounds !

THe only thing that is sad, is that hubpages has apparently stooped to new lows, as to let you in again, then again, then again, then again.lol

That's the true tragedy.  Listen, I've said my peace.  Write what you want.  I have no desire to converse with the likes of you.  So get over yourself. But this conversation is over.  Once a drunk, always a drunk.  At least I don't need that medal.

Sad really.  To get hooked on something, then act so horribly, and then use that substance as an excuse for your sorriness.  Sad.lol

1. profile image0

Seems you dont understand English but then you are foreign, I dont drink anymore and in yer earlier post you so wanted that lil hubpages medal by yer name, thing is you dont like me, like I care, thing is I dont like you, a hubpages medal, now that is sad smile

2. profile image0

See the thing is RK since I last chatted to you I took Legal Advice and calling me a drunk on a network website is slander. Do you know I can sue you for that, hell I have yer ip address and hubpages have yer actual details.

See thing is I have friends that visit here and I kinda dont like slander RK and I am guessing in real life you really coudlnt afford a libel case, so that means I take hubpages to court for you calling me a drunk.

Now be a good lil boy and go away or I swear you will be paying back libel fees for the rest of yer sorry life !

2. profile image0

Reported me for what, that you are paranoid !

Listen, TattoGuy. You would love to make everyone believe that's all it is because you lack any facts or proper understanding of anything related to any truth. Fact, you do not know me, fact, I do not know you. Therefore, anything you say about me or to me holds no credit. Now, please leave me alone. I can handle a difference of an opinion. But, what you are doing is infact a personal attack on me as a person. That, infact is against hub rules. I have nothing more to say to you at this time TattoGuy. So, play your rude game at my expense all you want to. At least if your attacking me, your leaving someone else alone at this time. smile

1. profile image0

Susan you really have issues, I hope you get proper medical care, you take care ok !

Yes, RKHenry. What I said... Was Well Said. Thank you!

2. RKHenry profile image63

Well said.  Seriously though, he will never change.  The only thing you can do, is to continue to report his demeaning behavior.  Be strong Susan.
            Your friend, RK.  I got your back.

1. profile image0

Report me for what ?

IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Stop it you two.  This is my forum thread, and I don't want it destroyed or closed because you two hate each other.  So stop it!  Of I'll defan the both of you, because I'm sick of both of your guys behavior.  Now darn it- stop.  I mean it.

I get so sick and tired of good forum post, being highjacked by hate mongers.  Happen to me yesterday with Misha, and now it's happening by my two dearest hubpages friends.  So I'm standing up to this- stop it please.

I really would like to read what other experiences people have gone through.  Rolan I mean it.  Tim- that goes for you too.  I love you both, but all be darn if I'm putting up with this crap. 

You two are not the only ones trying to have a good time here tonight.  Not by a long shot.

Can you chill?

I apologize. 

No, I've never stalked or been stalked.

2. profile image0

Sorry my friend !

Yes..  RKHenry, What I just said to TattoGuy was " Well Said." 

Thank you for seeing that and for your frienship as well RK. smile

8. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

naww - nobody wants to follow me around - they'd be bored to death!  Plus, I would take a switch back and then follow them! and then make friends, and then we would live happily ever after!  but seriously - in 8th grade there was a boy who stalked me for awhile, but as I say, I was kinda flattered, even though he did have a very strange look about him.

9. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 14 years ago

No....because I am the stalker!

10. RKHenry profile image63
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

Anytime.  I hope your account gets all cleared up soon.

11. Beth100 profile image71

Too much trolling and off topic.  What's the question?  Stalkers.  Keep to the topic everyone.

And Tat, don't get baited again!!!

1. profile image0

Yeah and I see you logged on !

I was right on topic until TattoGuy personally attacked me and he continued to attack me. As I said, I invite a difference of opinion on any subject. But personal attacks directed at other hub members are against the rules of this website. Rules are rules for everyone here. Not just the new members. Thank you. smile

1. IzzyM profile image87

Do you know something?

AOL had a great idea. When someone said something in the forums or in a chatroom that was not nice(Hell mend us if Hubpages ever opened one here!), they had an 'ignore' button. Press that and you did not see the comments that person made.

Without it, we can kid ourselves on that people are not attacking us by IGNORING them. They soon get fed up and move over to someone else.

2. profile image0

Okay I'm stepping in now. Susan I read TG's remark and there was no personal attack. Maybe you should look up the meaning before you report someone when they did not attack!

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Crazdwriter, I know you like your picture, but do you have to put one where you are forcing yourself to smile?

I mean come on, you're a good looking woman and you're doing yourself a dis-service with your present profile picture. smile tongue

How are you doing otherwise? smile lol lol

1. profile image0

lol Cags truthfully I wasn't...that is my happy smile when I'm thinking about my kids..it may look fake but it truly isn't. It's a sincere happy smile...was taken while I was teaching smile

1. Misha profile image63
              Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Loving your new pic Crazd! smile

1. profile image0

Thanks Misha...took me FOREVER to find it again lol it was on the desktop not my laptop and then I couldn't see any of the pics until I hit review phew...it was a pain but found it big_smile

2. profile image0
              Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

While I'm in this FunnyHouse of a forum. CrazedWriter that avatar is seriously wonderful. It is my favorite! You look happy as can be! I bet you're a great teacher and the kids love you!

1. profile image0

thanks Nelle. I really miss teaching...they are my inspiration for writing truthfully and they help my stress leve go down...

2. IzzyM profile image87

I'll second that!

1. profile image0

THanks IzzyM smile

2. profile image0

Thank you xx

3. susanlang profile image59

Crazdwriter, I think your a wonderful writer and I believe I have said that more then once to you smile   However, please understand something. At my husband's suggestion, I recorded all of the comments which infact, are personal attacks on me made by TattoGuy, the recordings were made with my camcorder which has the date and time of each and every comment made. Camcorders do not lie. People do!  Crazdwriter, I understand you came into this forum late and maybe you had not had a chance to read every post. However, I can assure you, my camcorder has them for my protection. Crazdwriter, if you would like me to send you a copy, I'ed be happy to do so.  Peace be with you crazdwriter. smile

3. tantrum profile image59

Don't worry !
        We all know he's the one needing medical help.
        i hope he gets it !

1. profile image0

You a female or male this week ?

tantrum,  if as you said, and I quote you here "" We all know he's the one needing medical help.""  Then can you tell me why crazdwriter,  stepped in late and she said, and I quote her now,  ""I read TG's remark.""   Let me say infact, crazdwriter admitts she only read one remark.  Infact, he made more then one comment which was rude and clearly a personal attack on me. Look, I'm a real person and I try to be as friendly and as respectful as I can in these online forums.  I thought this topic was about stalkers. As soon as I  came in here and talked about that subject, TattoGuy went off on me. My camcorder does not lie, people do!  I spent the better part of my life, winning cases against bad lawyers who engaged in misconduct as an attorney. In order to be successful doing that... you have to know when it's time to get documented facts on record.  In this case I did.  Thank you.

12. RKHenry profile image63
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

Yeah, Tat.

1. profile image0

RK go away !

13. Beth100 profile image71

Ok, I'm the middle man here. It's Saturday night...let's chill and have a good evening.

Stick to the subject.

IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, what they said.

14. tantrum profile image59

I remember fortunrep.
    why would that be ? hmm

1. profile image0

Is she in one of yer scrapbooks ? pmsl smile

15. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 14 years ago

I have a general type of question. If somebody has been stalked for a long time, say by an internet troll, and then gets mad and enters the thread where the troll is already having a discussion with others, then picks a fight with the troll: In this scenario, do you believe that the person who was stalked can still claim to be a victim of stalking? Or have the lines been blurred?

16. profile image0
    TattoGuyposted 14 years ago

I didnt attack you, I said that you are paranoid and I still beieve that even more so now, you need proper medical help and I pray you get it, god bless you.

17. donotfear profile image82
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Funny there is a thread about stalking. Ha!! I just got accused of it on another forum. Cracks me up. There's a difference in normal curiosity about something and investigating a situation compared to continual obsessive preoccupation with the person. Heck, I admit I stalked before, years ago. Ha!Do you call excessive drive-bys of a guys house stalking? I did my share..wouldn't waist my time on it now. Guess I'm a stalker for sure....I have an inquisitive curiosity with some situations...hehehe.

18. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Art please remember why you're on HubPages and that nothing in the forums is real.(I learned that from Tantrum and Misha last Saturday night.)

1. profile image0

Thanks Nelle, Art is out of the forums for good, thank you for making me wise up my friend !

19. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I have been stalked on the Internet and it does not feel good and it can be horrifying! I fought back and also wrote a hub on how to protect yourself.

yes...and i read that..it was a good read smile

20. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Art one more forum post, and I'm going to Belfast and shutting off your PC myself.

1. profile image0

Last post, nite x

21. profile image57
    AnythingGoesposted 14 years ago

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e53/AimeeLeigh79/CUCKOO.jpg

22. IntimatEvolution profile image69

What a joke.

Can nobody have a serious conversation anymore?  I mean seriously. 

This makes me sad.

I'm very sad.

sad

23. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I have somebody who stalked me and he liked me a lot, but I dont like him, he continiously follow me, it is very scary...

1. K Partin profile image61
      K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maita, you better not be talking about me... lol

1. prettydarkhorse profile image55
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL, morning K, not you hehe, you made me laugh

lol lol

1. profile image0
            lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey K, is cool if I stalk you?  I'll keep some distance but still stalk?  Cool?

Absolutely!! lol

24. IntimatEvolution profile image69

Oh my gosh.  What do you plan to do about it?  Anything?

25. Alota profile image60
    Alotaposted 14 years ago

I was once stalked for three months.....I could often see him lurking in the shadows.....on one occassion I went into the shower and he was standing there naked...I felt very distressed for a long time....even at work he would phone me....I often slammed the phone down...but he would call again and again....when I was in bed sleeping one night I could feel a cold hand on my back....when I turned there was no one there...but the patio door was lying open...I was very scared...

1. tantrum profile image59

hmm

1. Alota profile image60
        Alotaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I should have said it was my boyfriend...so I didnot really min dhim being naked in the bathroom

26. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image87
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 14 years ago

I've been stalked before. It sucks.

27. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

I love my stalkers, I leave snacks for them in the bushes around my house tongue

28. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

When I was a little boy about 10 my sisters were stalked by a guy in a car trying to get them to get in the car with him. They told me about it, so I followed behind them when they went to the shops. He slowed down and opened the door to call my sisters.
    when he did, I jumped in his car and stuck a knife across his throat.
    I may have been a little kid, but that pedo turned as white as a sheet! lol

29. donotfear profile image82

Man,this thread is making me paranoid. I'm going to FB right now and take some stuff off!! Geez. I'm freakin out here. Quakin in my socks. Please don't harass me...I have OCD and I'm pre-menopausal.

I think the coolest stalk I ever pulled was continually drivin by this dude's house and finally gettin the nerve to poor a carton of egg beaters in his mailbox. I guess that's actually defamation of US postal property. I've just confessed to it. Now I've really done it. 

So I had a little problem with guys dumping me, big deal.

1. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OHMgosh - donotfear, you crack me up.  I was reading through this and thought to myself, this is just a freakin' weirdo thread, on more than one level.

It helps to be a little weird....smile

1. Jane@CM profile image60
          Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But no THAT weird lol

2. donotfear profile image82
          donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Glad somebody thinks I'm weird and relates. Now I feel better.

30. K Partin profile image61
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Ha! ha! come on it's fun!! lol

31. donotfear profile image82

Me:
    Hi, I'm Annette. I'm a stalker.
    Group:
    Hi Annette!

32. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Hi Annette!

I'm Jane lol

1. donotfear profile image82
      donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jane!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)