Have a question?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hello everyone,

I know, I know, this probably has already been answered within the millions and I've been searching for an answer, however, even through the forums, I cannot come up with a positive outlook?

Now, it's based on FaceBook.

Should or Do you submit every hub you make to Facebook, through the share link?

And, if so, besides it being posted on the Wall of your Facebook page, is there any upside to doing this.

Many of the friends, recently added to my Facebook are from HubPages, but then again, I've not done too much with Facebook, because I am weary about the quality of traffic?

Please advise.

I'm looking for all different aspects, views and opinions.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Cagsil

2. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I read some where when I was trying to figure out the whole nofollow thing that all links on face book are nofollow. so other than getting the word out about your Hubs I do not see a benifit. I also belong to facebook but the number of views I get from them is very low.
    By the way Hi!

Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you kindly Ohma and Hello. I appreciate your help. smile

Btw- How are you? smile

2. Ivorwen profile image65
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have found the same thing Ohma.  Not many people click through, and the links are no-follow. 

I personally only share hubs that I think my friends would be interested in,  written by me or others.

Thank you Ivorwen.

3. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Good personally suffering a severe case of writers block though

4. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 14 years ago

I used to post the link in facebook after completing a hub, but finally stopped doing it.  I didn't want my friends to feel obligated to read my writing and it felt a little vain.  I don't notice a big difference in traffic.  My family and close friends follow my writing because they have joined my fan club.  I guess it would help traffic and who knows, maybe one of your friends knows a guy who has a friend whose into publishing and VOILA, you get famous.  Every little bit helps.  Good luck!

1. megs78 profile image60
      megs78posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm, you must be invisible... wink

2. Cagsil profile image70

Sorry about the Mega78, I logged off. hmm  Thank you for your reply.

1. megs78 profile image60
        megs78posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was just having an insecure moment.  You see, I get all anxious if I think someone doesn't like me smile  Just kidding, kind of...take care.

5. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Nobody reads on FB
    It's a social stupid site lol

I have two with fake identites that I use to mess around.
    So imagine what's that FB like
    lol

Thank you Tantrum.

2. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

May I correct tantrum: it's more like a stupid social site!

6. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

I dont usually put a link up with my new Hubs on 'my wall' but I do have Hubpages listed as my website. . and I must say I have gotten quite a few hits from it. But I guess it is just people that are curious to see what I am up to . .

I do use twitter when I publish a new Hub and from that I see alot of traffic.

Hi Cags

Thank you Shari.

7. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 14 years ago

I'm not a fan of facebook in general and I only really joined up to play scrabble online, through a FB app, with friends - but that's beside the point....

I publish hubs to FB very rarely, mostly because I don't want to be annoying to my friends there.

Lately, though I've actually been thinking that maybe I should start publishing them all there to attempt to get more traffic; if my friends don't like seeing the posts, they can pass them on by I suppose!

Thank you Lily Rose.

8. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I almost always post it after publishing. I have family that read them and usually a few of my friends read them, sometimes sending them to family or friends that they think may be interested in the article. facebook for me is both social and a place for me to share my work. I don't have my FB profile open though, only my friends. smile I don't spend hours there, just some time reading the news feed, doing some planting and harvesting every couple of days.

9. MyWebs profile image78
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

I rarely use FB and know very little about it. But one thing I did find useful was to post my hub to a fan group about the very topic my hub covered. That link got a decent amount of hits.

Otherwise I think the time is better spent on getting better back links.

Thank you Mywebs

10. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

You don't have to use the share button to post your hubs on Facebook, you can go to your notes on facebook and add your rss feed from your profile and then every time you publish here it will post an excerpt there with the first image.

You would do better to join certain groups and submit a link on the group page.  I get great results on certain niche hubs from this. 

The hubs that auto post to my profile only get traction from my friends who often pass them on to others.  My account has only real offline friends it's not used as a networking tool for me, I use groups and pages for that.

Thank you LivewithRichard

11. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Yes I have been with facebook for over 2 years and post all new hubs through a hubpage link, it certainly hasn't hurt my traffic, hasn't made  it hug either but has helped for sure.

Thank you Lyricsingray

12. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Yup, I post every hub I publish on FB.  I have received quite a few hits from here and have had some FB readers pass on my link to others. 

It really depends on who your friends are, where they are from and why you are using FB.

Thank you Beth

13. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 14 years ago

I never share every single I publish. I save it for the extra special hubs. Otherwise people are just going to get used to, and block out, the constant stream of manufactured hubs.

I like to be in the position of sharing something and because I don't do it all the time people are going to know that it will be worth their time and effort to click through and read.

But that's the way I play it. I spend substantially more time on publishing articles than bookmarking. Others will have it the other way around. You need to find what works best for you. Though being mindful of your audience is an important key to success.

Thank you Darkside

14. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

i have shared like 2 or 3 of them and have noticed that i get views from it not many but then again i don't have many friends on there. most people have 100 or more friends therefore the possibility in my opinion is that they have more of a chance for views.

like i said its just my opinion and i do use it sometimes

15. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

People rarely click to sites from FB/Orkut as most of the site links are into MMO and stuff. If you want some traffic then try friendfeed, it can connect to multiple social networks(facebook,twitter) and there are some groups that you can use to promote your hubs. (There is hubpages group as well). Find the group which is related to your hub-niche and try to promote(not everyday though).

Problem with social media these days is everybody is becoming a bot when it comes to promotion and hardly they read or look at work of others.

16. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Facebook has much the same benefit as other no-follow social bookmarking sites, with some significant downsides.

The good thing is, you may get one or two organic links out of it.

The bad news is

Facebook is 'warm advertising' (Advertising to friends)this means at most you will get a few pity sales.

People may see your post on facebook, and try to 'help you out' by clicking your adsense ads repeatedly.

Your links are limited to friend only views, compared to other open social bookmarking tools.

While I do see why facebookmay have some benefits, the risks have kinda put me off it!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)