Covenant

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (29 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

Believers, tell me precisely -without quoting c/v- what covenant is.
    Why am I requesting it?
    I personally have found many believers who do not understand what covenant truly is, means and how to apply it.
    Perhaps this forum will help clear up some of the fog.

James.

1. kess profile image60
      kessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Since God the father is the One  absolute Good and True.

And man is shades of the two.

His covenant with me is one of Faith.

Which says, that if I walk in the light of the Truth I am aware of, to do the good that I am well able to accomplish,
      He will take the responsibility to supply all of my deficiency, until I arrive to the stage of perfection of Goodness and Truth just as He is. 

It is always a pleasure to respond to such questions.

2. goldenpath profile image68
      goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A covenant involves a spiritual bond between you and God.  In a marriage covenant it is between you, your spouse and God.  Some say it is a contract, but to me this degrades the deep sensitive nature of what a covenant is.  A contract usually has a terminus or end.  A covenant involves eternal or extended ramifications.  If you adhere to certain conditions of life you will reap these blessings which will be multiplied upon your head so long as you remain faithful and steadfast in that life.  It also involves a deeper knowledge and acceptance of the consequences of breaching such covenant.

A covenant does not recognize the signing of your name but rather the willing application and subjection of the spirit and soul to all the chips of the covenant to God.

2. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Didn't we just do this yesterday?
    I thought there where many that gave you their opinions. Just because It was not to your liking does not mean they do not have value.

3. profile image0

actually no one did. they gave me definitions of everything from Chakra or Kabbalah divinations to something undefinable.

Covenant is covenant, it has nothing -or little- to do with the aforementioned.

sadly, not one actually answered the forum request.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covenant

covenant- a 'contract with God'

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mikel, i know the definition.
        I am asking for yours definition, and everyone else, plus the applications of it in your life.

2. profile image54
        (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Funny how you use the Wiki as a source...  big_smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_third_law

3. profile image0
        StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is this a written contract or verbal contract???
        Will it be upheld in court??
        Damn..I should have been a lawyer or judge

Judge Stormy...sounds so much better than Judge Judy...And I look better too...lol lol

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Judge Judy turned so mean....at least the last time I watched the show.  I dunno what was goin' on there.

1. profile image0

She really is nasty sometimes...glad she wasn't my mom!!

1. earnestshub profile image79
              earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She is a first rate moron! If she tried her version of justice in my country she would be in jail. smile

1. profile image0

I agree...I need to move to Australia...could I stay with you for a while?? smile

1. earnestshub profile image79
                  earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure! I used to love visiting America but the loony influence has reached the point where persecution is a national sport.

One look at the TV show "Bad Boys" indicts America in my view.
                  Their theme song "bad boys bad boys what ya gonna do? What ya gonna do when they come for you" and the attitude of the cops says it all!

1. profile image0

I know this country is crazy... there a lot of good people here but it seems they are getting harder & harder to find. I was in Prague last year and couldn't help but notice how many people were smiling, how friendly they were and helpful too. You don't see that here much anymore, everyone is all about themselves.

4. Paper Wolf profile image59
    Paper Wolfposted 14 years ago

I believe a covenant is not a contract. I believe a covenant is an agreement made by one party, the terms of which are set forth by that party and are binding to that party. The one(s) that it is made with have the option to accept or deny the covenant offer.

The terms of the covenant are on an as is basis. There is no negotiation. The benefits and requirements are spelled out and they are open to acceptance or denial.

For me personally, I relate this to the covenants of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I have studied them and those that extend to me I have accepted. The results have been positive. Challenging,but fulfilling. The process of receiving the benefits and working through the requirements has been educational and very humbling. This journey has impacted every part of my life and I believe it is for the better.

I have experienced life with a perspective that I did not know existed. I am not special and I know that this covenant is offered to anyone. It results in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, which has nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with love, freedom, peace, and so much more. No one can take my understanding, spiritual experiences or faith from me.

Through Gods covenants, I am realizing life more abundant. That abundance has nothing to do with money or worldly goods.

1. profile image0

well said PW.
      -ps, from the other thread, i agree, we do not HAVE TO die.

Kess, always a pleasure my friend.
      now if we could just get the 'clouded ones' out of the book and see this....

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Say what?

We don't HAVE to die?

I hope you mean spiritually.

Because unto man it is appointed once to die the natural death.

(Feel free to correct me or chew me out if I've taken this wrong.   I don't know what other thread y'all were referring to!) big_smile

1. Paper Wolf profile image59
          Paper Wolfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1Corinthians 15:51  "Look, I will tell you a secret - not all of us will die!  But we will all be changed!"

No chewing or correcting. Encouraging!

5. profile image0

Brenda:
    well, let's look at the covenants, first, before we say yes or no

Mosaic 'old covenant' - law of sin & death.
    from which that statement comes:

-all sinned and fell short of the GLORY (grace) of Him.
    -it is appointed once to die and then judgment
    *under covenant agreement one must offer themselves in return for atonement, unless another is willing to take their place*

-scarcely will a righteous man give his life for another or a friend lay down their life for a friend

-wages of sin = death (body & mind)
    -blasphemy against the spirit = death (spirit)

do you accept these as they were said?

6. profile image0

ps, covenant is NOT a contract, covenant is an AGREEMENT, like a gentleman's agreement, a handshake. (or with some Hebrews, a shoe -don't ask.....lol)

1. Paper Wolf profile image59
      Paper Wolfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

shetar halizah.  Defunct and interesting. If this is the shoe about which you speak?  Digressing, I know digressing.  Forgive me.

1. profile image0

no digress. correct. it relates generally to marriage.
        first mentioned w/ Ruth-Boaz.
        it became custom to exchange sandals { walk in another persons shoes } in which the 'washing of feet' custom also came. It later become customary for ownership of property.

7. joshuachlim profile image60
    joshuachlimposted 14 years ago

what covenant is.
    more than a contract which is for 5 or 7 years. covenant is permanent like marriage.."till death doth us apart" the only way out is through death.it is a blood covenant. no blood no covenant.
    the word covenant in Hebrews implied "to cut till blood flows"
    the new covenant is sealed by the blood of Jesus Christ
    whose blood atones for the sins of the world.
    "this is the new covenant in My blood"
    Life is in the blood.The life in the blood makes atonement.
    When Jesus n I become covenant partners,His life is my life n my life is His life.When someone comes against me, he comes against Jesus.Jesus is my elder brother.

8. profile image0

Joshua, many thanks.
    Indeed, something you said is very true: "until death we part".
    The sin of man was this -breaking covenant. The result, his death.
    The evidence from the start:

"eat of it and die".
    most people do not get it. glad you see it.

covenant is an agreement which both parties share everything without separation, contrary to contract.

So, life and death are in the power of the tongue.
    life is in the blood.
    blood is the life of the body.
    the tongue holds the power of the body.
    life is the Word (the tongue of Elohim).
    the word in us is Life.

no separation.

covenant is an amazing thing. one ignored by many who say they believe. i know the day is coming when many will hear and truly embody Grace { the glory of the tongue of Elohim } that thing Adam had { that thing Y`shua proved and is } his resurrection.

A people of covenant.

9. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

Hi friends

The Covenant or the contract that the Creator- God Allah YHWH took from the souls, in symbolic language not literal one, was that whenever he sends a truthful Messenger Prophet, human beings would accept him and support him.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

10. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

hmmm, imagine that. Here all along I thought it were a ring of witches

1. profile image0

ralwus!
      rumor had it you rode out of town.
      glad you are still here.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)