We THE PEOPLE 2

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Bigcountry12577 profile image61
    Bigcountry12577posted 14 years ago

The local school board, the state board of education, or any other government institution have no right to our children. Who has the right to raise our kids We the People the ones that have a hand in creating them or the institution that charges us taxes every year to educate our kids.
    I am a Christian, my family are Christians as well, we believe in God and that he created the world and every thing in it. Now why should I allow someone to try and teach my children something we don't believe in? What or who gave them that right?
    Again, in the schools around our nation it is being talked about and in some cases already being taught, how to have safe gay sex and that the alternative life style is okay. I don't know about yall but I don't want anyone to be talking to my kids on how to have safe gay sex or that they can be gay.
    Once more who gave them this right or are our rights being taken away and given to the board of education?
    For those of you that agree with me and care about these issues, by chance did anyone contact you to see if you were okay with the curriculum that is being taught your kids? 
    You know the government first sided with an atheist and took prayer out of school, on the grounds of separation of church and state. Now with that out the way they are trying to break down the things that families have been built on since time began. I ask you where is the line drawn that separates state and the family?
    We the people are in desperate need to band together and turn this country upside down even if by force to protect our rights. You know the rights that men have fought and died for. The majority needs to speak up and be heard!

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

May I suggest home schooling.  Otherwise, the schools are going to teach science - not superstition. No one is going to take away your superstitions or prevent you from passing them on to your kids.

Memo: The world is round - not flat.

Memo: Being 'gay' is how you were made - no different from blue eyes or dark skin. If you want to be a bigot, it's a choice  - and it's your right until you act on it in a way that harms someone else.

There are private schools if you want your kids indoctronated in  Christianity of whatever brand you like. No one's takng that away from you. But my kids go to public school and I don't want to have to undo in my home what some evangelical teacher laid on MY kid. I don't lay MY religious beliefs on your kids!

On the subject of sex ed - most parents don't know much about it and are embarased to talk about it. So without sex ed - kids learn by trial and error in the back seat or wherever. When I was that age, antibiotics cured almost anything. Not today. The 'error' part of trial and error means a kid barely pubescent can get burried before they had a chance to graduate. You want to think it's only 'bad' kids from 'bad' families - but Sarah Palins daughter is the poster girl for unwed mothers. It happens.

The majority is being heard. They are talking to you. Try home schooling.

1. tony0724 profile image60
        tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Doug you are wrong on every count !

2. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

The majority is being heard...

1. Bigcountry12577 profile image61
      Bigcountry12577posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The majority I'm speaking of are still setting on their hands but the time is coming when their roar will be heard!

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess you have a problem then, don't you? wink

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a Tea Partier to me.

3. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

Big Country I would like to say that the silent majority is not so silent anymore. In Texas they just had a meeting with the school board where a curriculum was passed that goes back to far more conservative values. And out here in California a local teacher from my area just won a court case against a local school district so that he could keep his banners up like " In God We Trust " etc etc. A liberal teacher complained about it in 2007 and he had the banners up since 1982. I wroye a hub about it. Secularism is starting to get pushed back now as they have pushed Christians around long enough. The silent majority is waking up !

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Another.

4. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Amen Bigcountry and Tony!

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

And another! A triple.

5. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Bull.
    That's like saying Christians should have to give up their rights to have their tax money pay for a DECENT education for their children in the public school system.

Why don't YOU homeschool YOUR kids, since you want them to be tolerant of perversion and hate speech toward Christians?!

6. Doug Hughes profile image61
    Doug Hughesposted 14 years ago

OK kiddies - You want to teach religion in public school?

There are any number of federally recognized tax-exempt religions that teach 'witchcraft' whether they call it that in the curriculum or not. So if your Baptist preacher comes to school - under equal protection - any other church who demands it is entitled to equal time.

Be careful what you wish for...

7. tony0724 profile image60

I would also like to point out that Michael Newdow lost his battle with the 9th circuit of appeals court by far and away the most liberal of all courts in this nation . So this is not a matter of shoving God down peoples throats as is the feeble argument rammed down peoples throats by liberals . But if you get to teach darwinism you get to teach creationism that is real diversity !

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The most recent major decision over Intellgent Design was in Kitzmiller v Dover (12/20/2005). Judge Jones  ruled -

"ID is not science," but rather is a religious theory that had no place in the science classroom.  Jones found three reasons for his conclusion that intelligent design was a religious, and not a scientific, theory.

8. tony0724 profile image60

Bottom line parents should make these decisions not any branch of Government ! A teacher in Poway just won a decision against the school district because they tried to make himtake down his banners that were pro God 2 weeks ago. And not only that he admonished the school system

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then he was wrong. Religion doesn't belong in the public school system.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)