Hokey

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (109 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have heard from Hokey. He is okay and he didn't mean to scare anyone. The entire incident has been misconstrued greatly.

1. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thats great to know thank you for the update

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am sure it normally happens that way, thank you for letting everyone know. smile

3. Faybe Bay profile image64
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I hope he comes back soon. He took everything down.

4. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so best to let him be, let him live his life.
      why so much drama? it's not our business.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

If something is being misconscrewed-- or strewed, it's good that it is only slightly rather than greatly. Everyone needs to take a step back now and then.
    Wishing the best to all.

3. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Yes !! he sent me a message vis FB telling me about this thread ! I'm so happy he's OK !! smile smile smile

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Tell him to get his karmic arse back here!

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure he will comeback soon !

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seconded. smile

5. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

Maybe, he's finally found his nirvana!!! (and no, I didn't say, wife!)
    Tell him I said 'namaste' and am glad he's doing well.... smile

He will be reading this for sure !! smile

6. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Well he sure kept the forums lively I hope he decides not to stay away to long.

7. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

Sadly, because of a certain hubber's rude comments to him on FB, he will not be returning to HubPages. Instead, he will be moving on to another site, although he does not want to stop talking to any of us. He provided his FB information on another thread and he is still accepting all emails.

1. profile image0

thank you

1. profile image0
        Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. even though it wasn't exactly the news I wanted to deliver sad

1. profile image0

not the news i wanted to hear either and i cant find his fb info

I didn't know it was on FB as well ! yikes
            I think he should come back. In a week or two. We're going to miss him if not !

2. profile image0

I think it's somewhere in the marriage thread, but it's buried.

1. profile image0

i found him ... i just looked him up and found him was easier than hunting through the threads

1. profile image0

Okay, good smile

1. profile image0

yuppers

2. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gee if rude comments were a reason for leaving I would have left awhile ago. Like the guy who insisted all the peroxide had gone to my brain.
      Come on Hokey you are the man!!!

1. profile image0

She said she wanted to spit on Hokey's brother's grave. It was a lot more detailed than that, but it wasn't the typical rude comment. It was very insulting and it came from someone Hokey had grown close to.

It wasn't right, but Hokey is being the bigger person here. I won't be following her anymore, but I don't want to ruin her reputation either. She needs support just as much as Hokey did. I'd hate to see two hubbers leave.

1. profile image0

wow that is f'd up to say the very least but you are right we all need the support of our friends here

2. tantrum profile image61

I received an e-mail from her  as well ! sad

3. profile image0
          cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WHAT?!!!!

that is beyond the pale

that's horrible.

p.s. SHUT UP TANTRUM NO ONE WAS TALKING TO YOU

?????
            do you need help ???

1. profile image0

roll

i won't even honor anything you say with a response, you amoral prankster. you have to invade every single thread and make it about YOU, you egomaniac.

ciao!

(three guesses who it was, Pani. i got enough clues reading your response, and tantrum's. yikes

that doesn't surprise me....

It looks like you really need help !

2. profile image0

It was not tantrum if that's what you're thinking. Tantrum is actually a victim here too.

thank you Pani! but don't worry. She has to spill all her hatred to feel better. Go figure !

1. profile image0

I just don't want an innocent person to be blamed for the indiscretions of another. I didn't want to lose Hokey and I don't want to lose anyone else.

2. profile image0

you know what is funny about tantrum?

she says i hate her when in actuality, i avoid her like the plague that she is.

i came in this thread to express my feelings and thoughts about Hokey and as you can see, SHE is the one who pounced on me. i wasn't even talking to her. in fact, i NEVER talk to tantrum. i don't waste time hating anyone, least of all her. when you actively hate someone, you have to think about them. i never think about tantrum or try to decipher what is in her head. in fact, when someone asked to name some good Hubpages poets, i recommended tantrum's work and called her work stunning. duh, if i hated tantrum would i do that? no....the fact is i have no feelings for her at all. but that doesn't mean i am going to sit quietly and let her attack me.

she, as illustrated in this thread, not only seeks the first opportuntity to jump on me and slander me, she feels a need to tell people who don't know me from Adam, like Pani, to ignore me, which i don't appreciate. apparently she is used to telling people what to do, who to hate, etc.

that is twisted, i have to say.

when she hurts people and others call her on it, she says none of this is real, all of Hubpages is a game haha it's all so funny, but when it happens to a friend of hers, it's all soooo serious and soooo hurtful.

riiiight roll

2. profile image0

no i know it wasn't tantrum. it is obvious from her posts that she is communicating with hokey.

tantrum is protecting someone. why? i don't know why anyone would protect someone who is capabale of saying something so awful to someone who is in a grieving state...

what, they don't have the guts to stand alone? they need the resident pitbull to got their back?

'k, that's funny....

I'm not protecting. she's a person with mental problems. I'm trying to leave her out of it.

4. Pandoras Box profile image60
          Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sitting here trying to guess who would say such a horrible thing, and truly I just can't imagine anyone saying that.

Well I hope Hokey comes back, and I think he has alot of friends here. I know his buddha belly and cheerfulness will be missed by many. In the middle of the 'religion wars' he always makes me stop and smile.

I hate seeing him leave because of some hateful idiot.

3. profile image0

oh boy.

this is why i don't let anyone here, even people who are my friends, follow me to facebook. i know that sounds strange, but my family, close friends and coworkers are there. to think that some deranged hubber would follow me there and invade my life that way would be horrible.

so who was it?

tell us all. i know I'D like to know who goes following hubbers around and posts nasty stuff to them. i was just starting to like Mr. Hokey and all of a sudden he's gone. why can't you say who it is? i know I'M curious. if you ask me, if they are bad enough to do something that outrageous, they deserve to be outed, in my opinion.

1. profile image0

agreed

2. profile image0

I can't say who the hubber was, unfortunately. If I did, HP would turn into a battle ground. She is a very well-known hubber.

Better don't say anything!

1. profile image0

this is true too what a catch 22 lol kinda sucks though

2. profile image0

REALLY

hmm

well that's too bad.

Hokey, i hope you come back.

i know when i was going to leave and started tearing down my hubs, my friends, and Hugpages, talked me down. and i'm glad they did.

we were just beginning to make friends sad

you're like me in a lot of ways....happy and all on the outside. that is genuine, no doubt. but people think because of that, that you don't have a heart and don't feel sad sometimes, which isn't right.

anyway, that's all.

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
          rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it's very clear who it is... I hope hokey spends time writing his hubs and concentrates on his own life.

3. wavegirl22 profile image47
        wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

bravo cosette. . .

i could not had said it better!

4. earnestshub profile image80

I'd like to see that too! smile

1. profile image0

yay, two votes! smile

well, in that case, i think you should tell....who the heck is tantrum to silence anyone roll

You're trying to silence me ! not the way around ! lol lol

8. profile image0
    SockPuppetposted 14 years ago

one harsh comment? my goodness no wonder people resort to wearing masks and pretend to be someone their not.

roll
      Like you ?

LOL

9. west40 profile image60
    west40posted 14 years ago

You guys are tough!

10. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Hokey, I respect your decision very much, and do understand the dilemma you faced.

I think we will all come to the realisation that you have done what is the only thing you can do under these circumstance to honour your own high moral standards.

Deep respect my friend, deep respect for your decision.
    By the way, this problem will be gone soon anyway.
    I agree with AEvans, people have a certain style when they write. I will be back cross jesting with you very soon! smile
    Knowing the offenders complications has given me a change of heart on outing her. The T.S.Elliot solution is called for here.           ...... wait.

11. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

How mentally ill does she have to be in order to not be accountable for saying such a rotten thing as she reportedly said?

I dunno who y'all are referring to, but I mean, really, doesn't she at least owe Hokey an apology?

1. earnestshub profile image80

Hokey is owed an apology Brenda, and I suspect he will get one. I still say it is best to wait this one out.

1. Paradise7 profile image69
        Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Was it really BRENDA???? who said such an awful thing, dancing on the guy's brother's GRAVE?????  Horrible, what are we thinking here, what is it with the occasional VERY CRUEL AND UNSEEMLY COMMENT????

I really wouldn't have expected that of Brenda....

There MUST BE some LIMITS...

I'm not surprised if Hokey went....

I lost two  brothers myself, and believe me, I've never REALLY gotten over it.

Who said it was Brenda ?? yikes
          Of course she wasn't !!
          you got it all wrong ! mad

I really, really, hope it wasn't Brenda....

I don't know who it was, I'm not sure I WANT to know, but that SURE was an inappropriate thing to say to ANYBODY!    ANYTIME!!!!  FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER!!!!

2. earnestshub profile image80

Yes absolutely wrong! I used her name when replying to her post, as I always do.

1. profile image0
              wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is part of the trouble of written communication, huh?  It's why I refuse to ever solve personal disputes through email...

That sounds like a good policy. I have never had one such email in 2 years. Maybe the people who send nasty emails have used their logic to decide it couldn't reach Australia, too far for them internetty things to travel! smile

1. profile image0

Might get intercepted by a 'roo, you know!  lol  I've had people (no one from HP EVER) decide it's easier to hide behind an email that call me when we're having issues.  Trouble is, things get "misconstrued" and even FORWARDED onto other people.  I won't touch those situations with a 10 foot pole.  No way, no how.

2. profile image0

I agree Hokey is owed an apology, but apologies mean more when the person comes to realize their mistake on their own and aren't forced into making one. Also, after what the hubber said, I would completely understand if an apology was not accepted. Her email to Hokey was extremely cruel.

1. profile image0

having been the recipient of cruel emails myself from the same hubber, who mentioned MY SON in said email, none of this surprises me at all.

when will people like this stop playing the victim card? how many people do they have to follow and hurt before people stop excusing them and the hurt they inflict on people? (and yes, i have my spies too who tell me who said what...)

yikes

1. Faybe Bay profile image64
          Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You've got mail.

12. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 14 years ago

Whats happened, has she found Zen and given up the Pen? or should I say keyboard?

13. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I'm so sorry that Hokey has been hurt. I like him very much, he's so deep!  Some of the things he said caused me to think...a lot.  It actually made me cry, but I cried because his words were true and I realized something important.  This has been within the last 10 days.  And I would say this too:
    If the situation were different and if I wasn't married, I'd be knocking on his door.....his traits are worth holding onto. You don't find it in everyone. Someone who has lived and loved with all his heart, Hokey (Larry) deserves the best. He will overcome, he will heal.....

14. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I'm so sorry this happened to Hokey.  He does not deserve this at all.  sad

I agree wordscribe.
      Hokey has been a breath of fresh air with his gentle views on life, and he is very entertaining and funny as well.
      It will all settle down in time I hope. smile

15. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I'm going to miss Hokey, and I hope he comes back in the near future. He was a very open and honest person, which is rare to find nowadays!

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I concur.

16. Hokey profile image59
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Good night everyone. Please don't worry about me. I am ok. I have alot to think about. Not sure if I should stay here. Attack on me I can shrug off. Attack on friend that is gone who had no part of this not so easy. I'm not perfect. That is why they call it a Buddhist (Practice). Whatever I decide I am grateful to all that are here for a memorable time. I republished the poems I wrote for Dave because they don't belong to me. I gave them to him. I hope your days are full of love, light, and laughter. Namaste

I'm happy you're OK. I hope you'd feel as coming back soon. I will miss you !! smile

2. Beth100 profile image68
      Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hokey,  will miss you when you're gone.  Peace and light.

3. profile image0

Good night, Hokey. Thanks for letting everyone know you're okay. smile

4. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hokey - there are people on here who are clearly mentally ill - don't give in to the nonsense that sometimes comes out of their delusions - get some peace, then get back here please; you have so few enemies and so many friends here.

cool

5. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But you still have brothers who will miss you!

17. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

People should calm down and don't post hubber's names indiscriminately.
    what happened is something between Hokey and the said hubber.
    Please !

1. profile image0

Who is naming names? Why can't everyone just let it be?

2. Paradise7 profile image69

You don't agree that dancing on the bereaved person's lost one's grave is an inappropriate comment????  How very modern of you.

Don't you agree that saying Brenda did it, doesn't look good, to say the least ?
        How inappropriate  from you !

18. Paradise7 profile image69
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

I understand your point about bandied names... You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT  about that, still, was it my brother, I'd be so gone too...

I DO hope Hokey comes back, but if he doesn't, I, for one, will certainly understand.  There's some things that are very hard to overlook....

19. earnestshub profile image80

What has Brenda got to do with any of this? All I did was use here name when replying to her. In no way did I say or imply that she did this.

1. profile image0

Brenda has nothing to do with any of this. Neither does anyone else who has responded to this thread.

Please don't name names or accuse anyone of anything. I didn't intend to start some great mystery for people to solve. I was simply informing people of the situation. There is no mystery and no one needs to know.

It is between Hokey and said hubber. The ONLY reason any information was posted here was so people who were worried would know Hokey is okay and know the gist of the situation.

2. Paradise7 profile image69

I'm so sorry I misunderstood...

It doesn't matter so much to me who said it (though I'm sincerely GLAD it WASN'T BRENDA!!!!!) , and I really thought that didn''t sound much like her, it's the fact it was said at all, on a public forum, to someone recently bereaved of their brother...

That comment is so uncalled for it should have been expunged before it ever reached Hokey.

I know this sounds like censorship but what are people thinking?  To say something like that to someone recently bereaved of their BROTHER????    That's what I can't get over...

I am having a lot of trouble with that as well. I believe the person is having a psychotic episode, in which hokey's good attitude and sad loss may have resulted in her handing over a projection to protect her own consciousness. It makes sense to me this way, but otherwise ....

20. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

look the bottom line is whoever said the messed up crap to hokey is wrong and it is between him and that person so to have all this drama and bs in a thread that is meant to simply let us know he is ok was just uncalled for ... we all have our opinions but this is just crazy.

all of us here are a family in some way shape or form and we all support each other even when we don't particularly like the person we are supporting but we do it because these people do it for us.

the forums always have some kind of drama and whatnot and always will im sure but this is the second time today i have seen arguments to this level and i just don't see the point.

can we just let him do his thing and if he decides to come back then he knows we are all here waiting for him. we all love him with our own right just as we do the others who have come and gone or in my case just gone since i haven't been here long enough for someone to come and go but at any rate let's just let it go and let hokey know we love him dearly and miss him cuz i know i sure do. he always made me smile without even trying and without ever knowing anything was wrong.

this is prolly gonna kill my stats here but i have to say it and im sorry if it changes the way you all think about me but these arguments are really stressing me out and making me not want to be in the forums anymore. its just not fun like it was 6 weeks ago.

i hope you all find some kind of peace in your situations with others and hokey if you are reading this i am sorry that this horrible thing happened to you...thank you for all the laughs and love.

1. profile image0

I couldn't have said it better, pinkylee. But please don't leave the forums. We'll have fun again. People just need to take their heads out of their rear ends and realize that having silly arguments and playing silly guessing games isn't the grown up way to handle anything.

21. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I agree with you, pinkylee.  I think the desire to find out who it is stems from feeling insecure now, like who can we trust when we know there is this awful soul out there capable of such cruel and biting words.  I think people want to feel safe.  That, more than anything, is the impetus for the desire to discover the identity of this hubber.

Maybe the people who say, "Let it go" are really right, bottom line, but really, really, really,   what an AWFUL thing to say, I just can't seem to get my mind straight why anybody would.  I loved both my brothers who are gone now, and I think of them often, and I wish their souls everything good in the afterlife, if there is one, and I'm crying so hard...I can't see any more...I think I'll get off the forums, goodnight.

1. profile image0

Paradise, I'm so sorry for your loss.  No doubt this really hits home for you and stirs up lots of emotion.  Hugs to you!  I'm baffled by the whole ordeal myself.  It's one of the cruelest things I've ever heard a person say...  You just DON'T say that.  Again, so sorry about your brothers.

2. profile image0

i cant fathem anyone saying such a hurtful thing either but sad to say my ex use to say it about everyone who "did him wrong" when all in all he was the one doing wrong.

i am sorry for your loss and im sorry this has stirred up such emotion for you and i hope it all gets better soon .. get some rest and take care of yourself hun

22. earnestshub profile image80

A big group hub hug hokey! with all your admirers ya got us ten deep! smile

23. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

I ceased being amazed at the things people say long ago.  Of course, it still engenders pity for the speaker.  Only someone with a very sad life spews such venom.  And I am very familiar with venom.

24. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

Okay after reading this thread, lol, I'm going back to the religion wars!

Hokey come back!

25. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

Being that I don't know who left a comment that hurt Hokey so badly (and don't care-it's none of my business) I am sad to see Hokey leave, he brightened up many threads, and has a great way of viewing things. He will be missed-and hope he finds his way back to HP someday soon.best of luck Hokey!

26. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

Hey Hokey.
    Not really sure what is up, but I can pretty much figure it out from the thread. I'm sorry this happened to you and at such a bad time.

I have enjoyed reading your forum posts here and wish you could stay, but I would probably do the same thing. It would be very hard to go back to normal after that. Whatever you do, take care.

1. Hokey profile image59
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much. I am staying. Nobody is running me off!  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)