Tributes to earnestshub - blog post

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 51 discussions (92 posts)
  1. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 12 years ago

Hi everyone,

Many of you have seen the forum thread about earnestshub's untimely demise. He was a cherished member of our community, and he will be very much missed.

A couple of Hubbers have thought that a tribute to earnestshub would be nice for our blog. We would like to ask anyone who's interested to share their tributes via this form. Please do so within the next 24 hours (i.e. before noon Pacific time, Weds, Dec 14th. We will compile those submissions and publish them in a blog post this weekend.

Thank you.

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello,

Thank yo so much for creating this blog. I added my tribute. smile

1. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

same, thanks

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Cheers... Well Done Jas..  smile

3. barryrutherford profile image77
    barryrutherfordposted 12 years ago

Even though I was never a mechanic I really enjoyed reading everyone of Ernesthubs posts and hubs on the topic.  Whenever someone had a question about a car I would send them off to Ernesthub.  In fact my last time was just last week.  I am still in shock.  Because he lived in Melbourne and me in Brisbane he was one of the 1st to friend me here on hubpages shortly after he joined.  I am still in shock; grieving at such a loss...

4. wordscribe43 profile image90
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Thanks so much, Jason.  I just finished writing my tribute, I think this is a very healing step for our community.  I could have written a novel, by the way.  I am so sad.  sad

It is sad. You could here his voice through his words. sad

1. wordscribe43 profile image90
        wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know... I've been going back through the Limericks forum thread he and I frequented and I can't stop crying and simultaneously laughing.  I wish I could have met him in person.  {{{{{cyber hug to you}}}}}}

((((Cyber hug to you too!))))  I located the thread when my mom passed and a few of threads where you protected me. I am so sad. I still cannot believe it at all. Maybe it's a dream. All of us are sleeping and when we wake up he will be here. Well it's always good to dream.

I am embarrassed to say I do have dreams about HP sometimes (don't anyone tell me to get a life! smile ). This seems like it would be one of those dreams, doesn't it?  It seems so unreal.  I just keep expecting his sweet face to pop up and for him to tell another tale about his twin granddaughters. He made me laugh more than any other hubber here. 

There are things I wish I would have said, you know?

5. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 12 years ago

Thank you Jason

I posted the tribute to Earnest.smile

6. the clean life profile image70
    the clean lifeposted 12 years ago

Thank you Jason for doing this for Ernest. Although I never met him, only in our forum, the Sandpit (Last to Post)he was a real gentleman and never said bad about anyone, only wanted to help others. Everyone here on Hubpages including myself will dearly miss him and his smiling face and knowledge.

Rest in peace Ernest, you will be deeply missed sad

7. seanorjohn profile image71
    seanorjohnposted 12 years ago

I always enjoyed Ernest's posts in the forums. He was a lively but truly respectful hubber. His hubs on cars showed his phenomenal knowledge and will live on. I hope we always remember his valuable contributions to hubpages. His family will surely miss him but will know he will not be forgotten.

8. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 12 years ago

Thanks for doing this Jason.  I think it's a wonderful idea, and my husband and I both posted on it.

Rest In Peace, Earnest, you will be greatly missed...

9. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 12 years ago

Thank you Jason, this spirit of community is what I love about Hubpages.
    Earnest you will be greatly missed, may your soul rest in peace.

10. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 12 years ago

Thank you, Jason.  This is a wonderful thing to see.

11. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

Thank you.

12. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

will this eventually be sent to Ernest's family Jason? I wrote mine - to them.

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I thought I would post a link to it on his Facebook wall. I don't know how else to contact them.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

that'd be great....i'm sure soon - they'll take his FB account down, but hopefully they get a chance to see what the folks here have to say about him.

someone in his family is also probably reading any email messages he receives for now...for the short term anyway

I just went through that process myself...ending all of the electronic communication, responding to some of it, disabling accounts etc.

Cheers, thanks again!

1. MissouriSEOCompan profile image60
          MissouriSEOCompanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Facebook curates the profiles of deceased members. I think it's a pretty neat thing to have in this age of tech and social...

2. Aficionada profile image79
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I thought I saw in another thread that habee had sent condolences to the family.  She may be able to get in touch with them, but I don't know whether she is following this thread.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
          lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Habbee is always active in the forums, I'm sure she'll come here

1. habee profile image93
            habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And you were right, my friend!

2. habee profile image93
          habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I sent it, but I haven't heard back.

Jason, thanks for doing this. Great idea!

13. Froggy213 profile image62
    Froggy213posted 12 years ago

Thanks Jason. Earnestshubs joined here about the same time as myself. It saddens me to see him pass on. I left my tribute--RIP Earnest

14. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

Jason,  I just heard about his passing this morning.  Thank you for setting this up.  I, for one, appreciate it.

15. Peggy W profile image96
    Peggy Wposted 12 years ago

So very sorry to hear of Earnest's death.  He was a valuable member of our HubPages community and will be missed.  Thank you for letting us know, Jason.  Wishing peace and comfort for his family.

16. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

Thanks so much for posting this, Jason. I shall miss him very much, as will we all!

17. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
    Phyllis Doyleposted 12 years ago

This is sad news for all of us. HubPages is such a wonderful community and the loss of just one is felt by all. I send prayers for strength and healing to Earnest's family.

Thank you, Jason, for notifying us.

18. Jason Menayan profile image60

It was actually Motown2Chitown who found out about Ernest's passing and shared that with the community.

And it was AEvans and Calpol25 who asked that we do something collectively.

Thank you all for sharing your eulogies via the form. I'm compiling them now. They're really touching, and I imagine will provide some comfort for his grieving family during this difficult time.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Look above you, bo,........ ignore the man behind the photo

God will get you for that

19. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 12 years ago

well whaddya know

at least he is not burning in torments forever and ever and he got what he wanted.

1. Lord De Cross profile image68
      Lord De Crossposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Condolences to his family in Australia! This brings our world together..! How sad Christmas for them..and other Hubbers as well.

2. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Have you no shame?  No sense of decency?  Your comments are deplorable and thankfully, speak far more to your character than to Ernest's.

1. K9keystrokes profile image84
        K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. profile image0

+1

3. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure very few people here liked you very much anyway, but your comments here and at that other thread have surely pushed even those who may have been willing to suffer you new reasons not to.

1. K9keystrokes profile image84
        K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. profile image0

+1
        There are many here that not only liked Earnest, but had great respect for him too, and that includes some christians. 

BO - I don't respect you at all and I don't like you
        BO - that's something that hangs around like a bad smell, isn't it?

20. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

I can't believe that Earnest has gone.  How sad for his family and especially just before Christmas.  He will be greatly missed here at HubPages as well.

21. Joy56 profile image66
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

Such a shock, i only just found out this morning..... It does not seem real somehow does it????

22. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 12 years ago

I have posted my tribute.  Thanks Jason for the opportunity.

23. Jason Menayan profile image60

Thank you, everyone. There were a total of 63 tributes. The blog post has been scheduled to go out this Friday at 8am.

1. tlpoague profile image83
      tlpoagueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jason and the HP team for doing something as wonderful as this. I was late finding the post, but will always remember how much I learned from him. I am looking forward to reading the blog post.

24. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 12 years ago

Oh my goodness...I had no idea!!  That is terrible!!  He was a wonderful member of HubPages, and a great person!  I am so sad to hear about his passing.  I wish I had been able to get on here lately...I would have known sooner.  My heart goes out to his family.  Such tragic news.

25. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 12 years ago

The online world can be a fantastic thing, but also the most disjointed because you don't directly know how the other person is on the other end and if they are ok healthwise!
    They could be laughing and joking one minute and the next they could be not around anymore, which also is a parable to the offline world.

I still miss your forum posts Earnest!

Cheers HP for the chance to recognize a Decent and intelligent human being I wish I could have met in real life!

26. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 12 years ago

I miss Earnest so much too, he was just one of the greats and will always be remembered here at hubpages....

Goodbye my friend smile

27. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Thanks to Jason and the rest of HP staff for making this effort in memory of Earnest.  I'm sure everyone appreciates the effort.  smile

Randy

28. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

Earnest and I did not see eye to eye , but he was a fiesty forum fighter and will be missed. Does anyone know what happened , good bye  Earnest.....:-}

1. Joy56 profile image66
      Joy56posted 12 years agoin reply to this

There was something posted on his facebook page by his family to say he died in his sleep.   I am enjoying reading all these posts.  We do have a wonderful community here at hub pages......  May He Rest In Peace..... His words will linger forever on here....

Love from Brenda Scully

29. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 12 years ago

I've know Ernest since I first came to HP sad he's been a truly wonderful gent and will be greatly missed.

When I read some of his last comments to me, I started to cry again. Geez I am so emotional. ((( Hugs to you))

1. calpol25 profile image59
        calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I still have some of his comments and I cant help but read them there is one about his daughter and how proud he is of her... ((((Hugs)))

30. profile image0
    SirDentposted 12 years ago

Earnest and I hardly ever agreed on anything.  Many times we went head to head in the forums.  One thing I can say is that he had integrity if nothing else.  I also know how much he loved his family especially the grand children.  I will miss you my friend.

31. Hugh Williamson profile image74
    Hugh Williamsonposted 12 years ago

Earnest and I mostly exchanged comments in our car hubs. He had an amazing amount of knowledge about all things mechanical.

Like many other hubbers, I too wish I could have met him in person.

I only disagreed with Ernest about if God works or not. It touched me how he loved his Grandchildren, we can easily agree about love.

He encourage me into my first English hub ever, then encourage my film documentary work.  We talked about his homeless work, we also talk about my homeless village project here in Canada which was all abundant due to serious legal nonsense. 

I've only have worked with People physically, by working from Ernest words, spirit and not even met the guy, this rebuild homeless village will live.  In honor of Ernest John Langmaid we will have a displayed in a form of a sculpture about Early American man evolving up to Modern man, then make the film  documentary. I hope his family will allow me to honor him this way along with doing his portrait

The hardest part will be researching the American man, maybe Randy has got some tips.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'll be glad to help you any way I can, CP.  Let me know what you have in mind.  You can contact me through HP if you wish.smile

Randy

Great will contact you by HP

Just finishing up two mini eco houses by next month, then doing one more sometime afterwardS. Then should have enough money to invest on the Ernest homeless village proposal.

32. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 12 years ago

I had the shock of my life when I read this. I did not know it.
    Can someone tell me or give the link to how he died? And, how old was he? he looked sort of young.

I was genuinely fascinated by him though we had occasionally sparred. A great loss, no doubt.

He was  vociferously anti-God. So I refrain from  making any comment that he would have abhorred

1. Joy56 profile image66

Hi there is a tribute to him right at the top of forums forgot how to do links, i have not been on here for ages.  Everyone is shocked he has touched so many lives.....

if you go on facebook also there is a tribute on his page.... doh just realised we are on his tribute.  I spent ages yesterday catching up on all news about him,

He had suffered in with the past with cancer, and had back problems, in and out of hospital apparantly.  Not sure of his age but maybe it will tell you on facebook.  The link is on here somewhere.....

1. thirdmillenium profile image60
        thirdmilleniumposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Joy but I am sure you are sad today.

2. ngureco profile image80
        ngurecoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5009536_177.jpg

Langmaid, Ernest John:
        18th August, 1945 - 27th October, 2011

Rest in Peace Earnest John.

33. Joy56 profile image66
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

I could not believe it when i saw it yesterday.  He brought up every emotion because he was so strong in his non belief......   Loved his grandchildren, and was a great communicater on here. Everyone had kinda a love hate relationship with him....... you of course realise when something has gone, just what you had in a friend like him.  i don't think any of us should really under value our friends on hub pages, it is a great community.....

1. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think you mispoke, and unfortunately on behalf of "everybody".  Nothing about Earnest that I hated.

+1

2. wyanjen profile image71
        wyanjenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agreed, rm

Life is but a short journey
        between two eternities

So long old friend
        <3

3. Joy56 profile image66

A love/hate relationship is not a bad thing here where i live, it is an expression we use for a friend, that you can disagree with without being disagreeable.  It really does not mean hate  in the true sense of the word, sorry to offend.

34. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 12 years ago

Dear sir, May be your comments are devoid of hypocrisy and coming from your heart. But I am sorry that the place and time are not right. Forgive me if I am wrong

Thank you

thirdmillenium

Nobody could defend himself like Earnes, yet since he is not with us today, allow me. I've adventure into life which feels like  two full life times. Yes Enrest is real and could not find  any serious BS on him. Sometimes he was overaggressive yet some how he balanced out his mistakes. No man can know   so much and not help but walk his talk like the real   character he is with behavior of many fine virtues.

Hypocrisy is more of a religious thing with double morals. Ask yourself ? are you pointing, three fingers pointing back at yourself? Open up your own thread about Enest and see what you find, first allow some healing time from many of us.

35. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 12 years ago

Please, try not to forget this thread is about honoring our departed colleague.

36. profile image0
    andycoolposted 12 years ago

Earnestshub I shall miss you! Though we had difference in opinion so far as religion is concerned I knew you're an excellent human being. It's very sad to know you're not with us anymore! Be in peace where-ever you're.

HubPages has lost an extraordinary thinker who did always try to make understand each and every forum participant the importance of family values. My deep condolence for your family members!

37. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 12 years ago

Dang, just heard the news. Very sad, sorry to everyone that was close to him. I know I had a couple of words here and there with him.

RIP

38. TattooVirgin profile image57
    TattooVirginposted 12 years ago

Earnest, WOW, So sad to hear you've left us.  You gave us all much to think about and most importantly made us aware of the way we treated others.  May you rest in peace dear man, as I know you are.  I will think of you and do better each and every day.  TV smile

39. Astra Nomik profile image64
    Astra Nomikposted 12 years ago

I am so sorry to hear about his passing. The tribute is a wonderful idea.

40. brakel2 profile image72
    brakel2posted 12 years ago

Earnest and I followed each other, and I valued his intelligence and ability to help others. We miss you Earnest, and may you rest in peace. I love to look at the hubs that are left behind. Why did you have to leave us at such a young age? Your life span should have been longer unless you had illnesses. We will never know. My sympathy to the family and all his friends who loved him.

41. GeneralHowitzer profile image66
    GeneralHowitzerposted 12 years ago

Although we have some moments of clashes in the forums... Earnest was still a great friend and he always have the time for you to share his insights...

You'll be missed my friend... Travel well my friend Earnesthub

42. Trsmd profile image58
    Trsmdposted 12 years ago

Sorry to hear the news about Earnesthub..

May the family have the strength with his support..

How did HP came to know about this.. What will happen to his pages and affiliates now?

43. brakel2 profile image72
    brakel2posted 12 years ago

They found out through Facebook. His Hubs  should stay and an heir may collect the income.

44. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

Earnest

Kia hora te marino, kia whakapapa pounamu te moana,
    Kia tere karohirohi i mua i tou huarahi.

May calm be spread around you, may the sea glisten like greenstone and the shimmer of summer dance across your path always.

Arohanui Ake Ake  from your Kiwi friend across the waters.

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image66
      GeneralHowitzerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Direct from a Kiwi, travel well Earnest Kiwi...

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Eaglekiwi, that's a beautiful sentiment.

45. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 12 years ago

Omg Earnest nooooooooooo.....omg...this is a shock....I loved him dearly...he was my dear friend....oh Earnest if you are looking down and can hear this "I will miss you so much...oh this is just left me speechless xx

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image66
      GeneralHowitzerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know that... we just lost a great gentleman and a great friend too...

46. blondepoet profile image68

What happened to Earnest? Was it a heart attack? My heart is suddenly so sad. Earnest rocked. He was my fellow Aussie sweetheart sad

1. brakel2 profile image72
      brakel2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Someone said he had cancer.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He was a cancer survivor, as far as i know he was cancer free.

47. blondepoet profile image68

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o309/limabeanlover/Flowers/daisies.jpg

may your spirit be free beautiful man xxxxxxxxx

48. PaulaHenry1 profile image66
    PaulaHenry1posted 12 years ago

I am so sad to hear of this news. My thoughts are with all of my fellow Hubbers and this great mans family and friends.\

49. PaulaHenry1 profile image66
    PaulaHenry1posted 12 years ago

For those asking about his Facebook post, ect. Here is the other Hub link:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/88788

50. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

Music, when soft voices die
    a poem by Percy Bysshe Shelley:

Music, when soft voices die,
    Vibrates in the memory,
    Odours, when sweet violets sicken,
    Live within the sense they quicken.

Rose leaves, when the rose is dead,
    Are heaped for the beloved's bed;
    And so thy thoughts, when thou art gone,
    Love itself shall slumber on.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)