Problem and solution of American financial problem

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)
  1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

I have written 3 hubs  3 months earlier on Financial problems of America which did not get much hits.
    1.http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-Americans-are-in-Financial-Problem

2.http://hubpages.com/hub/Financial-problem-of-America-Is-Internet-a-reason---------------------------------Part-2

3.http://hubpages.com/hub/Financial-problem-of-America--The-insider--Part-3

I have written another hub on the subject and got enormous hits.This new hub surpassed number of hits within 3 days that of previous ones.
    I have linked all these hubs but can not understand why previous hubs do not get much hits.
    Jyoti kothari

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

I have written 3 hubs  3 months earlier on Financial problems of America which did not get much hits.
    1.  http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-Americans-a … al-Problem

2. http://hubpages.com/hub/Financial-probl … ----Part-2

3. http://hubpages.com/hub/Financial-probl … er--Part-3

I have written another hub on the subject and got enormous hits.This new hub surpassed number of hits within 3 days that of previous ones.
    I have linked all these hubs but can not understand why previous hubs do not get much hits.
    Jyoti kothari

3. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

First thing that I notice is that 90% of your products are not relevant to the hubs. For example, in part 1, I'm not sure how guitars are relevant to financing, in part 2 you've got laptops and other random ebay products, and in part 3 diamonds, amazon kindle, memory card, usb drives, luggages, and more random products.

Make your products relevant to what you're writing about. If you can't find any, then don't put any.

Also, I'd work out your layout a bit. Looking at part 2, you've got 1 sentence with a load of random products, then a HUGE capsule of texts with no breaks (ie pictures, videos, etc). I think that is because you used the actual URL and it doesn't wrap well, consider using the link insert, and have a text link to that hub. It'll wrap better.

The bold words are distracting to the page. I have a few hubs where I tried that, and I'm really wanting to find them and fix it. It's distracting and an eye-sore. I think it can be ok, I just wouldn't have every few words bold.

Also, having more precise titles may help. I see that part 3 is about wars affecting spendings, but i wouldn't have really gotten that from your title.

Hope that helps a little. :-)

4. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

Thanks for comments and suggessions but i can not understand how e-bay / Amazon products effect hits?
    All of your advices are good but these will effect when a visitor comes to the hub? how will it effect before?
    I have discussed reasons of financial problem on the whole that is why making 3 parts. War is only one of the reasons?
    Should I put the article name related to war?
    Will it work?
    I put bold letters only few days back before it was normal.

I can not undrstand how to use link in place of original URL.
    Thanks again for suggesions.

5. Whitney05 profile image82

I was just saying in terms of your other thread about making money, having relevant products will help. Plus I noticed that the off products are affecting the google ads. I saw a number of diamond and ring ads on that one hub, which have nothing to do with finance.

In part 3, all that I read was about war. I wouldn't suggest titling it 'war', but maybe something relevant to war affecting finance. I don't know. Just a thought, that's all. I remember somewhere Paul or someone on the HP team saying it's not a good idea to be part 1, part 2, part 3, etc. for the title. I know that the first part of the title is different, but that's just another thought.

What do you mean? "Before it was normal"

When you insert a link, highlight the text where you want the link, click the chain link button on the menu of the text capsule, and past in the link. You can choose for the link to appear in the same browser or in a new browser. Then just click ok.

Personally, I've noticed that on average when the page is nicely laid out, and everything relevant, the traffic comes. I'm not sure if it's just my topics, or just coincidence.  Plus, as for traffic, I want to venture a guess that finance is a large niche, which means when a person searches it, there are tons of options that come up in the search, which will affect your personal traffic being that there may be tons of other options to chose from in the search.

JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am really obliged with your relevant suggesion. I have changed name of one of my hub. In place of problem I put crisis and traffic doubled. I can not find chain link tab.
      Before this was normal means it was not bold.
      Thanks,
      jyoti kothari

6. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

So, you wrote three hubs full of ignorant, arrogant and condescending "advice" and now wonder why nobody wants to read them?

7. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

The 3 hubs you link to are basically generic and irrelevant advice.  Whitney is correct that they are poorly focussed both with the advertising and the content. Basically there is a current  news trend regardling the finance crises on wall street: check http://www.google.com/trends/hottrends if you want to hub on what people are searching for: wall st bail out, congress bill stands out as obvious key words to be targetting. 

Whitney gets traffic because she writes well and writes on evergreen topics: the financial crises is bit at the moment but unless you can write compelling copy - and the evidence is that you cannot - I suggest you focus your efforts on a narrower topic:  people don't search for "Americans are in financial problem" - they are far more likely to search something personal such as: how to save money

JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I have tried one with your advice . I have just published a hub.

1. Lissie profile image76
        Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Jyoti - this is more what  Imeant see Dorsi/s thread http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/8244
        she was probably picked up in google news because she used the exact pharse "700 billion bailout plan" being used by searchers

8. Whitney05 profile image82

The chain link button is right next to the symbol button. if you see the bullet options, then the little faded arrow, horseshoe (symbols), and then a chain link. The chain link will not become clickable until you highlight the text.

Hopefully you will really consider making your products relevant. They are pretty intrusive as they are. You basically screaming "i'm trying to make money buy this diamond ring even though you want to read about finance," which can turn readers away pretty quick, which in turn looks bad upon your page to the search engines, and your page gets pushed further down the list, meaning less traffic. Making well designed pages that are relevant keeps people on the page because they're easier to read, which makes it look as though it's helpful, so those sites tend to get bumped in the searches.

Try writing a hub about diamonds and the process of turning a raw diamond into one that gets set to a ring, and then your diamond ring products would be relevant. Stick with finance books and CDs when you're writing about finance.

9. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

Dear Whitney,
    Your sugessions have helped me a lot. Traffic to referred 3 sites have jumped. ( May be because of posting in the forum). I have already wrote some about diamond and jewelery. Right now I have tried with top 20 search words in internet
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Top-search-word … -Americans
    Thanks a lot again.
    jyoti kothari

1. Whitney05 profile image82
      Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Your traffic jump is probably all HP traffic. You want to get search engine traffic. Since you already have the jewelry hubs leave the jewelry ads on them, and don't put them everywhere. Don't hub for money, hub about things you like and te money will come. Just because you use the words doesn't necessarily mean that your traffic will increase your content has to be good as well.  And like I said, finance is a huge niche, and it's hard to compete. Write evergreen.

1. Reealjrd profile image60
        Reealjrdposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Whitney you are right as you said (Finance is a huge niche) now one can understand it to the point. It is a very vast field.

10. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

I am greatful to both of you. I do not write for money as I have stated many times that I am in real time business and owner of many offices. This is my hobby and I also want to exchange knowledge.
    I try to follow advice and suggession from any one if think relevant. I think myself a student always.
    Thanks a lot for valuable advice.

11. Reealjrd profile image60
    Reealjrdposted 15 years ago

Jyoti its good to write. As you have written tht  its your hobby to write on finance and know more about it. I also keep interest in financal matters.  I am interested in commodity and stock market and news around regarding finanial ana eonomic matters. I have been researching on the down fall of the stock markets. And i have also ot the solutions on it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)