your hubs on another sites

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (29 posts)
  1. screation profile image60
    screationposted 14 years ago

i read "nicomp" hub "http://hubpages.com/hub/Another-Site-That-is-Using-Our-Stuff" he is very angry because he found hubpage hub on another site "BestHubPages.com".
    i checked this site they are really publishing hubs on their site but with original source of link.
    according to me they are helping to hubbers by delivering visitors. what you think.

1. darrinintheden profile image59
      darrininthedenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just found on of my hubs on the besthubpages.com site... we should have been informed if our hubs are going to be other places...

2. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I have looked that site over before, and from what I could tell, it seems to be another site run by Hubpages.  I would assume it helps our backlinking.

Edit:  I take that back!  This is not the site I have looked at before!  Every article is placed there with a tracker.  When a link is clicked on, it simply takes one to hubpages.  NOT good!

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That site is NOT run by HubPages.  It's run by a person who thinks that having lots of referral trackers pointing back to this site is somehow going to be a profitable strategy for them.

2. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When I click on the links it takes me to the articles. Plus you have to go to the articles if you want to read them. They aren't stealing our content so I see it as a benefit.

3. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I think that site is a hubpage article aggregate site.  It's not exactly copying your hubs it leads to Hubpages, however it does dilute the Hubpages brand, I would think.  Also the person who put this site together is earning adsense.  On top of which, if this website gets a lot of traffic, and you type in Hubpages, people might go there instead of the real Hubpages.

This is not good.

4. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I did report this but it's the weekend so I don't know if anything can be done about it right now.

5. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Its site similar to Digg, and as far as I can see it only takes the first couple of sentences. If however you see they are copying the whole article somewhere, please tell me.

Apart from that, its free exposure I suppose.

1. Ivorwen profile image66
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exposure with their tracker!

6. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Well, trackers are there to repay the person who creates links to specific hubs. They don't last forever. Nothing wrong with using them or they wouldn't exist.

The Traffic Referrals is guaranteed to be yours for 120 minutes.

If someone clicks on your link to a specific Hub, you are entitled to the traffic referral impressions for 120 minutes. We set this limit because there may be multiple Hubbers referring people to a particular Hub. No other tracker can replace yours during that 120 minute period. This is called the ‘first dibs’ rule.

7. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

I don't wanna sound naive here, but if it were bad, wouldn't have HP slapped 'em down already?
    I mean they are "johnny on the spot" finding copied content (which I appreciate).
    I assume something like this wouldn't go under their radar for very long.

8. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 14 years ago

wouldn't that site constitute links for us, or whoever the hubber is? isn't that a good thing?

9. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Calm down, everybody.  This site is doing us ALL a favour!

All they're doing is collecting a list of Hubs, showing the first few lines.  When you click on the link, you get directed to the original article on HubPages.

That means the reader is directed to YOUR Hub which has YOUR advertising on it.  What damage can that possibly do you? 

The owner of this site is obviously hoping to get money through people signing up for HubPages using his tracker.  I don't mind that, because I'm getting the backlink to my Hub.

10. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

While they are not copying our hubs, HubPages might still want to take a serious action against them because they are using HP's brand name in their domain name which is not allowed.

11. Faybe Bay profile image65
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

I don't know what to think. It looks as though someone grabbed all this stuff and posted it at once. If they are spreading my stuff and everyone else's, and getting our revenue, I make little enough as it is. I was happy with Dale.

I checked outbesthubpages.com, there is hubtracked in every link. Mine are up there. No way to get help, it's an advertising page, same with terms of use. I am new, but it doesn't look kosher to me.

12. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Internet 101: BACKLINKS ARE GOOD

Lets say that one more time..

Internet 101: BACKLINKS ARE GOOD

It doesnt matter whatsoever that the site owners are hoping to make money themselves. They are not "getting your revenue", they are getting their own revenue. They are displaying the same sentences that would appear in an rss feed or even in google returns.

It appears to be constantly updated, its probably completely automated.

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay, I know links are good, but I was scared because I didn't know. Thank you for coming to my emotional rescue. Or should I say Wreck-scue.

I just lost a new friend and then this. I gotta get some sleep i guess.

2. barryrutherford profile image75
      barryrutherfordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said Sunforged.  This is exactly right !

13. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 14 years ago

Yeah I was getting traffic from this site, it's a GOOD thing! smile

14. lovelypaper profile image59
    lovelypaperposted 14 years ago

I agree with Marisa. I think it could only be good for us.

15. Arthur Fontes profile image75
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

Do you think the person who owns that site could be right here in the forums among us?

16. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Site is similar to shetoldme.com(digg-clone) only difference is that the submission of hubs is automated.

No harm to hubbers, it can drive traffic+gives backlink.

17. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I don't think a link with the tracker in it is worth much at all.

18. sunforged profile image71

This was my impression for quite a while - that a redirect link wasnt that helpful seo-wise, but apparently I was wrong...thisisoli was able to post a great link to either matt Cutts blog or Webmaster forums that pointed out that.

I believe that Paul deeds confirmed that our trackers operate as a 301 redirect (permanent) which is not discounted in G's eyes..If you follow Cutts blog at all you would know that not long ago he moved his entire site using 301's partly as a test to see if the algorithm was performing correctly and NOt discounting 301 redirects.

Im a little tired so I could have made all this up ;0  i usually use one keyword rich non tracker link and one tracker link in every post that links back to hubs..but if a url tracker at hubs is just a 301 redirect than the info is pretty strong that its still a powerful backlink

19. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

If you and Matt Cutts say it's so, it's so. Thanks for the explanation. It makes me feel better.

20. sunforged profile image71

my whole argument rests on my vague memory of seeing paul deeds post that url trackers are 301 redirects.

After i finish my submissions for todays contests, ill search through my hub bookmarks folder and see if I kept it.

21. 2besure profile image80
    2besureposted 14 years ago

This site has a 0 page rank, so I don't see how they have much traffic.  It should not be a problem as long and they are not stealing hubs from Hubpages and publishing them on their site.

22. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

You mean page rank 0 can't have a big traffic ?

23. Rod Macbeth profile image60
    Rod Macbethposted 14 years ago

Page rank is not necessarily based on traffic and is not as big a deal as some make it out to be. I often see sites with Page Rank of zero, or not even ranked yet, beating out PR's of 4 and higher.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)