Need 14 Huibbers for a serial

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Dobson profile image75
    Dobsonposted 14 years ago

Join me starting Wednesday for a 15 part serial. I need 14 hubbers committed to do this. I will check back in over the next 4 days to see if there is interest. We will build on each others hubs finishing the story.

1. LarasMama profile image61
      LarasMamaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can I get some more information? What will the serial be about? How does it work? Everyone picks a number and writes one hub?

2. wrenfrost56 profile image58
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I would also like to know a bit more about what your proposing.

3. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 14 years ago

I am showing interest !

4. Mieka profile image63
    Miekaposted 14 years ago

I might be interested, but like everyone else, I would like to know what I will get myself into this time big_smile

5. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

A bit more detail would be helpful.  smile

Dobsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to put so little detail in the opening proposal guys, but I was in the midst of a band trip in orlando Florida at a hotel charging a quarter per minute for internet access, so i had to type quickly.

This is a selfish wayu for me to meet and get to know other hubbers and enjoy a fifteen part serial story. What I envision is a serial where all involved get to add one part. I really just wanted to see if theree was sufficient interest b y today, when i returned from the trip, then put in the detailed thought.

We can base the order on length of time on Hub Pages, or number of Hubs or some unique qualifier. The subject, obviously would be easier as a creative writing exercise. Sorry if I still am leaving out details, I got off a 12 hour tour bus ride and worked the whole day moving furniture, so I am a bit wore out.

6. Dobson profile image75

Now with an even clearer mind, I will add this: If this thing gets legs under it, we can rotate around, letting the person with highest score on their contribution pick the next polt to develop and give one week after the last contribution to determine who gets the next first shot.

If you like this, please advertise to your friends so we can get the minimum 14 others and kick this off on Wednesday.

7. Dobson profile image75

So far the interest is puny, so i guess this is not anything of interest to as many as I hoped. If you would like to do a smaller version, please reply here.

1. TinaAtHome profile image67
      TinaAtHomeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm interested, count me in.

8. archdaw profile image60
    archdawposted 14 years ago

Sounds interesting, might be interested.

9. sportyfunster profile image70
    sportyfunsterposted 14 years ago

I may be interested in it, please keep me posted.

10. mythbuster profile image71
    mythbusterposted 14 years ago

I'm interested, Dobson - it's just that... well, most of my hubs are kinda weird on weird topics, so I might not be a good fit for this project - but you can let me know... just sayin' I'm interested and will log in here regular to find out what's up, okay?

11. Dobson profile image75
    Dobsonposted 13 years ago

Well I count ten including myself. That is enough to do this I think. I would like to start this on Monday, so claim your day following that to add your part. I will contact everyone that has responded here before then to make sure we still have enough interested.

1. LarasMama profile image61
      LarasMamaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Friday would be good for me (I'm Assuming this is US time?) Since I'm busy the first half of the week.

Dobsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You spoke first, so Friday is yours.

12. Dao Hoa profile image60
    Dao Hoaposted 13 years ago

I am waiting to read your serial story smile

13. Dobson profile image75
    Dobsonposted 13 years ago

Today is the day we finally kick this off. I am posting a list with the order we can add to the serial, but if you need to swap, please coordinate with someone so we can keep things going.

Dobson                1st
    wrenfrost56        2nd
    Mieka                3rd
    Beth100                4th
    LarasMama        5th
    Archdaw                6th
    sportyfunster        7th
    mythbuster        8th
    barryrutherford        9th
    salt                   10th

I hope to get others interested as we go so we can have a rich collection of styles and points of view here. I want to come with a clever name for this that will draw people into reading it, so give me your thoughts. For now we will call it The Hub Serial and mine will be The Hub Serial Part 1.

Happy writing!

14. salt profile image61
    saltposted 13 years ago

Possibly some interest here. I havent written fiction in a while, it could be fun.

I will put you in at slot 10.

I have posted the first offering. It is called: A Hub Serial - Jenny's Life. We can work on the title as Hub Pages always allow you to edit. Tak a read and begin developing your plot moves. I typed the quivalent of four pages in Microsoft Word, but anywhere from two to three would be plenty. Feel free to do more if your addition requires it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)