Calling Indians and foreginers who had visited India

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (21 posts)
  1. oxymoron profile image58
    oxymoronposted 15 years ago

Share your experience here - What are the places you have been visiting in India? What is the most you liked? And whatever you like to say about India... smile

EDIT: Sorry for the typo in title of the thread sad

2. guidebaba profile image57
    guidebabaposted 15 years ago

East or West, India is the BEST.

cool

1. oxymoron profile image58
      oxymoronposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That is fine. What is your fav place in India? smile

2. weblog profile image57
      weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

3. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Couldnt resist http://hubpages.com/hub/India-Travel--I … ps--Advice I have travelled there twice: once Delhi, Rajasthan , Shimla and another time mainly in the south - its all different - different food, peopl attractions -most varied country in the world IMHO -  the hills ara amazing - I loved Darjeeling but I also liked kerala because it was laid back and not that touristy.  Jaisalmere was my favourite city in Rajasthan - and the Taj has to be seen!

4. oxymoron profile image58

Nice to know your experience Lissie smile

Anybody else there to share?

5. dishyum profile image57
    dishyumposted 15 years ago

Tajmahal is very good. South India has many lovely tourist spots cool

6. oxymoron profile image58

Anyone else? smile

7. adrainsean profile image39
    adrainseanposted 15 years ago

hey i know most tourists think of india in travel as taj mahal , rajasthan (jaipur, jaisalmer etc) , goa and for barve one Kashmir.

But trust I have lived in india for 2 full years I can say these places are good but too full of pimps trying to get all juice out of foreign ppl. You have to go to un-notice places to get the real beauty.

I will tell some of them I have been to myself.

Kerela: a must for any one who loves nature,the backwater lagoons  are out of world experience I havent heard or know any backwaters better than than those in kerala. Also the cusine is great , serving on banana leaves and eating  hot pip rice with "Gee" with hands >>>>>>>WOW.

Madhya Pradash : For straters it has is the place where Bhuddism strated, the first preahcing and stupa of bhuddism was laid in SANCHI by ashoka.
    Also it has Khaujoraho temples which are the origin of the book "KAMASUTRA", the walls on the caves has over 5000 scluptures depicting  the whole Kamasutra.
    It has white marble hills/valley in jabalpor. I also made it a point to see Union carbide gas factory in bhopal (I hear now it close for public viewing)

Kolkata: originally calcutta it has been the first capital of india and home for 3 nobel prize winnner, tagore, mother teresa and amartya sen. I simply cant say much about this city as I loved everything of it, I stayed here for 2 years of my stay in INdia.
    (maybe I will have a hub on it soon)

darjeeling and shillong : the best hills station + remote as not many tourists go there, most ppl go for north india nanital shimla but the northeast beauty hills station city are felt like untouched beauty. From darjeeling you can see both the highest and the second highest point of the world (Mt. everest and Mt K2.)

There is one place I wanted to visit though the most but could not, the Nalanda university in Bihar, It is the oldest university in the world and many ancient books and grails were written there. It is even said that scholars from europe, china and indonesia used come here to study.

C'mon Indians buck up tell about places I and many others dont know about which are not jammed with tourists..

8. oxymoron profile image58

So nice of you, Adrain smile

9. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

My Mom and Dad traveled all over the world-- mostly on arranged tours-- not independantly. This was more than 20 years ago.

They loved seeing the Taj Mahal by moonlight, and they  stayed in 'nice' hotels catering to westerners. They were very interested in the life of ordinary people and learned that the dung of the cows which wandered through the streets was pasted on the walls of buildings to  dry and be used as fuel-- much as our early pioneers used "buffalo chips". 

My dad, who was never a picky eater and rarely complained about anything, took a look at the food that was served in the 'nice' hotel one evening and commented, "This looks like it wasn't on the wall long enough."
    Other than the food they encountered, they found India to be very interesting.

10. soni2006 profile image77
    soni2006posted 15 years ago

Hi Rochelle how r u.

Thanks for inviting all Indians and foreigners who had visited India to this forum by this post.

My name is Rajinder Soni and I live in New Delhi, India but I wanted to let you know one thing that it might be a coincidence that your father got into that so called Nice hotel by mistake or something like that. The food which is served in Indian hotels is liked by people all around the world but mistakes can happen anywhere.

"food that was served in the 'nice' hotel one evening and commented, "This looks like it wasn't on the wall long enough."
    Other than the food they encountered, they found India to be very interesting."

According to your statement above, I know that your father found India interesting that's wonderful but it is not the mistake of all hotels or restaurants around India which can be put on one single hotel.  There are people of different ideologies and different tastes, some people only find the food delicious and say that "I like food in India very much".

So my dear Rochelle, it can happen anywhere, anywhere around the world, have you heard about some cases of many western restaurants where people are being served food with roaches in that. Sometimes people have even seen lizards in their food but it is everywhere, not in India only.

Actually explaining you further, I would say that India is rich in spices and you can also read these latest news on India spices http://in.reuters.com/article/domesticN … 7520080929

The food which looks like a cowdung by only looking at that might be filled up with spices and adding turmeric can change its color to look like that.

At last, thanks once again for admiring India.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes indeed, It is obviously a very fascinating place. My Father was nott one to complain about anything-- when he did, he made a joke of it. He was used to plain food-- spices were not his favorite.

I on the other hand, might have found it very tasty.

11. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image62
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

There are things to be seen in India which you will found no where else.

India is a birth place of many religions e.g. Sanatana or Hindu, Jain, Buddha,Sikh and many others.
    A lot lot of pilgrimages spread over the country. Countless temples, mosques,gurudwaras and churches.
    You can visit age old temples, palaces and forts. Idols,statues, libraries and educational institutes.
    You can see deserts, ocean,seas, mountains, valleys,rivers, falls, lakes and planes all in a single country.
    You can see tribals (as rare as to be extinguished) and people of Nordic, Mongoloid, Proto-Austrolloid and some other ethnic groups.
    You can also hear more than 250 languages and cultures varring every step.
    See Indian villages with people simple and loving. See indian cities with sky-scrappers and research and educational institutes competing with world leaders.
    Indian business tycoons wealthier than many of their counterparts in America and Europe.
    See Indian democracy where more than 200 political parties are sharing in Parliament and legislative assemblies.

Taste Indian vegetarian food. You will not find that much of varieties anywhere in the world.
    Jyoti Kothari

12. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image62
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

Indian food is not always spicy. India has varieties of food. You can get very spicy food in one place and very simple food like boiled or baked in another.
    I like to remind that India was exporting spices to Greece, Rome, Babylon and Egypt since ancient time.

13. soni2006 profile image77
    soni2006posted 15 years ago

Yes I agree with Mr. Jyoti Kothari, he is a very well educated person and has a lot of experience of life.

14. Anamika S profile image66
    Anamika Sposted 15 years ago

I like travelling a lot and have been to almost all places in India. Atleast twice in a month I would go for a 2 day short trip to some where near by mostly Lonovala or Nasik.There is always something which would fascinate me to go back to these places again and again. But as Holiday destinations I  like Goa and Shimla more.

1. soni2006 profile image77
      soni2006posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I have also been to both places several times but if I wanted to compare I like Goa more than Shimla. Shimla is a nice place but gets crowded and all the natural and scenic beauty of the moutains and trees is disturbed by heavy traffic over there. I had a lovely trip to Shimla around 5 years back which will always remain in my memories. I will share the experience of that trip creating a hub when I get some free time.

15. weblog profile image57
    weblogposted 15 years ago

Goa is one of the best honeymoon spots and also it's a nice place for film shootings smile

16. Trsmd profile image56
    Trsmdposted 15 years ago

If you want to visit Religious places.. you can visit..

Tirupathi, Shirdi, Mantralayam, Srisailam etc..

1. dingdong profile image57
      dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That's a nice tip, Trsmd smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)