BIBLE INSPIRATION

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (85 posts)
  1. mjane24 profile image61
    mjane24posted 13 years ago

BIBLE INSPIRATION,WE GOD INSPIRED HIS WORD 2TIMOHY3:16 ALL SCRIPTURES IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD AND IS PROFITABLE FOR DOCTRINE,FOR REPROOF, FOR CORRECTION,AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS.GOD USE THE HUMAN WRITTERS TO WRITE DOWN HIS HOLY WORD.HE DID NOT USE THE UNSAVED TO WRITE HIS WORD ,BUT HE USE THE HOLY MEN OF GOD,SPAKE AS THEY WERE MOVE BY THE HOLY GHOST.2PETER 1:21FOR THE PROPHECY CAME NOT IN THE OLD TIME  BY THE WILL OF MEN BUT HOLY MEN OF GOD SPAKE AS THEY WERE MOVE BY THE HOLY GHOST.GOD ALLOW HIS WORD TO US SO WE CAN SEARCH HI WORD ,STUDY,AND TO KNOW WE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH JESUS.JOHN 5:39SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES...GOD'S WORD IS PRESERVED PSALMS12:6,7 AND IS PURIFIED ,AND EVERLASTING.PSALMS119:160AL.HEAVEN AND EARTH WILL PASS AWAY BUT THE WORD OF GOD SHALL NOT PASS AWAY MATTHEW 24:35

1. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is all a LIE!  You have no way of verifying any of this nonsense.  Why should I base anything on this distorted, absurd, childish view of reality?  Please validate your claims, but don't use scripture.  Could you do that?  If not, then you are wasting our time.

1. h.a.borcich profile image59
        h.a.borcichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Look at where you are in forums - "Bible Inspiration" if you had not noticed smile You are wasting mjanes time duh!

I thought mjane had some proof of this claim.  I'm looking for proof.  Is it inappropriate to be inquisitive?  I'd like to see these extraordinary claims backed up with real evidence.  Don't put the onus on me, just because I happened to enter this forum to learn something.

Reread your post - that is an inquiring mind?

This is all a LIE! You have no way of verifying any of this nonsense. Why should I base anything on this distorted, absurd, childish view of reality? Please validate your claims, but don't use scripture. Could you do that? If not, then you are wasting our time.

blah, blah,blah!

I see nothing wrong with my statement.  I simply disagreed with the opening statement, but asked for validation.  I'm just being logical.  I see some people have a problem when it comes to reasonable questions.  All mjane needs to do is validate the claims.  And, of course, the bible can't be used, because of obvious reasons.

I guess you would prefer that I abdicate my mind, and accept anything as reality.  Imagine that!

Silly me...it hadn't occurred to me that you could inquire without words like nonsense, distorted, absurd, childish smile
                Inquiring might have been worded something like this:
                "I do not understand how you arrived at that conclusion. Why should I accept your point of view? I doubt you can supply evidence I would accept, so I don't know why I am even bothering you."
                  See the difference? Doubt you'll admit it.

Ok. So maybe I should work on tact. But, still, would I have gotten a logical answer, or the same old nonsensical responses based solely on faith? 

Understand, h.a.borcich, I respect no premise that is not based in reality.  And it is hard to respect a person when they are spewing this nonsense, because, to be honest, it looks quite ridiculous for a grownup to have such a view of reality. 

I'm questioning the reason for his faith, and he has nothing but faith, that's all he has.  That's not enough in the real world.

Thank you for recognizing the wording could have been more tactful. And I agree it would not have changed the answer, which leads me to my next question.
                    This thread is in "bible inspiration" obviously a post intended to other christians for discussion. If this was a thread on "what is the reason you do not have faith" - I could see you asking the OP to answer the why of their faith. It looks like anything christian is sought out by anything atheist to cause conflict. Why is that?

2. mjane24 profile image61
            mjane24posted 13 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean  unos?

the truth of God never lie,and if  lie there is no GOD TODAY,so because it is true there is  GOD and His word is true...

1. earnestshub profile image79
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol what sort of reply is that! Proof? Evidence? Anything? lol

3. mjane24 profile image61

so you mean God is lie?

2. Sally's Trove profile image77
      Sally's Troveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought the topic, "Bible Inspiration", was intriguing. However, as soon as I read your opening comment, or tried to read it, I stopped after the first two words.

If you want people to pay attention to you, start with using upper and lower case and no caps.

Whatever your message was, I had no patience to read through it while being shouted at. Why should I respect you by reading your words when you have no respect for me, as shown by your all-caps delivery?

i dont mean to write a big letter,i write  it so  i read clear or  you read clear...  i did not think any bad when i write that....

3. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friends

Bible was not written with inspiration; it has been written by persons who deserted Jesus; so there is no inspiration invloved; only their vested interest.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Other than the part about Jesus, the same can be said about the Quran. smile

1. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friends

Jesus did receive inspiration as well as revelation from the Creator-God Allah YHWH; but that has been lost by the Christians as they did not follow Jesus; they follow Paul and the Church with made up gospels.

Thanks

2. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 13 years ago

No offense, but it was difficult interpreting your words.  Spellcheck is a good suggestion and also not posting in all caps.  The Holy Spirit whispers to the heart and mind - not yells.  Also, let's reign in the use of the word "saved" and "unsaved."  These terms are dangerous and anyone professing absolute knowledge of who is and is not "saved" is assuredly subject to blind judgment and the magnification of pride.  Teach and proclaim good clean living and not damnation of the soul.  The "fire and brimstone" affect places one on a false plateau above another and gives a condescending tone.  Anything that fosters harsh feelings or hatred is not of God and should be avoided.

Just a few suggestions. smile

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cheers!

saved- meaning those who have recieve Christ their savior ,unsave those who dont have Christ in their heart. Not all people are considered save,because not all believe CHRIST their savior....

2. donotfear profile image82
      donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like what you say here, goldenpath. This is the very thing that causes finger pointing from nonbelievers.

But there is a message in the OP's post. A positive. But remember, positives can be turned into negatives by some.

thanks kindly..

true.thanks

3. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree with you on this one.

thanks

lol lol lol

3. lightning john profile image59
    lightning johnposted 13 years ago

Inspiration ?

yes,God inspired His word...

4. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 13 years ago

What about where God warns the Israelites about thinking they're better than others because they have the true word of God - but their scribes have handled it falsely?

God DID inspire men to give messages but I think the same thing happened then as happens now. A man gives the message, it's found to be truly from God so then everyone believes (and sometimes the man himself) that EVERYTHING the guy says from then on is from God. That leads to serious problems.

I hear you. Man has a propensity and the capacity to corrupt absolutely. I never understood how so many followed blindly the tv preachers back in the 80's. To me there was a problem when their lives and words fail to add up to what they said the rest of us should be doing. Personally, I rely on my relationship with Jesus to help me navigate - mankind is too selfserving. JMHO

5. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

It is time for christians and all bible bashers to do a bit of reading in ancient history.

Christianity is recycled rubbish.  It is a Jewish reworking of ancient Pagan myths of the dying and resurrecting Godman Osiris-Dionysus that was spread across ancient Mediterranean.
    Paganism by another name. The gospel story of Jesus is not the biography of an historical Messiah, it is the retelling of an ancient myth.
    Anyone care to challenge that or do we get the usual denial without reading history?
    Come on christians, blow my mind! smile

As usual, I hear the crickets chirping! lol

Chirp                                            chirp

it is time for you to read the word of God for now,while you are alive...

Why? Were you thinking of trying to kill me? lol lol lol

no sir,i'm concern for your soul.... God is the  owner of your life and we don't know death will happen to you at any time and you be ready....

2. earnestshub profile image79

CHIRP!!!!!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m37/prw4886/23dcedf2.jpg

2. h.a.borcich profile image59

Why should you think it is time for me to read ancient history? Oh, forgot - YOU are on a crusade to shove that garbage you believe down my throat! You forget I am fine as I am. Why should I respond to your challenge? Why do you think it is my job to blow your mind?
        I bet you put this much tenacity into converting souls while you were a believer  - that must be the reason you behave as you do. You assume every believer must be as you were!   
        Listen carefully - you are the zealot insulting and trying to "save souls"! I merely stood up to you. Seriously you have a problem.
        Go listen to the crickets. Or enjoy a late dinner as I did. Golly - even that got you bent out of shape.

Or you could make history and address the truth of this history! lol lol lol
        Easier this way eh?
        Your credibility is gone, and you won't look at it will you? So be it! smile You miss history in school or just terrified of knowing?

2. profile image0
        philip carey 61posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with h.a.

Insults, belittling and bullying say a lot about one's character. I think I'm going to avoid these religious forums. I enjoy the exchange of views, but the boorish behavior is off putting.

Peace

Is it only bad when you are disagreed with? H.A has been abusing everyone who does not share her views, even taking onboard remarks that were not directed to her like the one above but that is OK is it?

SirDent and I disagree, as do many others but do not resort to personal attacks.
          Look back through the posts. Not a very balanced view I suspect. smile

1. profile image0
            philip carey 61posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I generally don't feel good after being in exchanges like this. I can't imagine how anyone would.
            It's too easy to get drawn into the frey and just add to the negativity. Apologies for any offensive behavior of my own. (The worst behavior is often done in the name of self defense, it seems to me.)

Wishing  you all peace.

Nothing further to say on this? You seem to have got a very lopsided view going on the post you chose to reply to of H.A's, which as I said was not even directed at her.
              I have been posting here a long time, and still do not see why religionists can tell others they are going to hell in a basket, and don't see the abuse in that. smile

Genuine questions are seldom addressed, they are replied to with pointless bible quotes that are seldom even related, scientific questions ignored, historic truth with accompanying evidence is ignored, not even enough decency to keep it honest or make an effort to answer issues which are ignored simply because they are not religious.
              Very poor form from religionists in my view.

Earnest,
                  You enter every christianity and christian living thread and pee on it as you laugh and ridicule christians. When asked why you do it you claim you have every right to post on any thread. It is a right you obviously think is reserved for a select few as you can also claim a christian is out of line for posting in defense of what they believe. You are a walking, talking, spouting bull dust double standard!
                  Not once have I told you or anyone else on these forums you are going to hell much less in a handbasket - but you claim it is true. I have stated I believe in heaven and hell. Big difference there. Based on that alone I am confident any truth is not recognizable to you.
                Your demands I and others accept a challenge for proof (and only the kind of proof you accept) are just demands for a playground fight. You are too ignorant to hear any christian telling you they don't have to fight you to win the right to be on the playground! The ignorance you display is far more telling of you than anything. You dish out the harassment like an angry 5 year old, then expect christians to accomodate your tirades!
                  There is no reasoning with you. After you pee on some ones belief, you laugh, run to the next thread and pee some more. When you get called on it, you play the playground fight scenario. When it doesn't happen as you hope - you then act like you have won. It is your fear that makes you behave this way and it prevents any serious discussion. You do not want a civil discussion otherwise you would promote civil discussion. No - you cannot be reasoned with.
                  Get over yourself, act civil. Maybe if you post about what about atheism you believe in rather than trouncing on what others believe that you don't you will be viewed differently. If you have to step on other people (christians) to elevate yourself Earnest, you should find some therapy. It is similar to the mindset of domestic violence abuser. I am serious as a heart attack.
                Good luck on your path to whatever, I have no desire to put up with your garbage anymore. Not only have you wore out my patience, but you have painted a very clear picture as to why your particular behavior as an atheist cannot be tolerated. You are not happy to be free to choose what you want to believe - you must inflict distress and ridicule on anyone who believes different than you. Thug behavior is not tolerance.
                  You will make wild accusations and claim I am afraid, yaddah,yaddah, yaddah. Maybe you'll even post scripture smile Whatever. I doubt you'll ever move past the prejudiced mindset you currently posess. To each their own. That is all I have to say. Holly

3. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is this the same history that Gerald Massey wrote?

This is actually common knowledge SirDent. smile Attributable to many historians, and simple truth. I have never heard of this person you mention. smile

1. profile image0

I agree that it is common knowledge. Common doesn't make it the truth.

"Walking under ladders is bad luck" is also very common, but I have walked under ladders probably over a thousand times in my life.

I just do not understand this approach to history.

Well documented, tons of sources yet you choose to ignore the elephant in the room. Do you ever read anything other than the bible about this subject? smile

1. profile image0

I have read a lot of history. I also know how easy it is to get cought up in history and what is written in history.

Do you realize that written history has changed a lot in the last few decades?

The Bible speaks to me. When I read it I hear the voice of God explaining things to me at times.

Do you believe there could be something that is more re;liable than history?

Are you really serious?  That's serious!

2. earnestshub profile image79

Well here are a few facts about this particular history. These stories pre-date the biblical ones by thousands of years and tell the same story, just different characters. They are nonsense of course, but the same nonsense, which would more than indicate where this crud got started and why.
                As far as history is concerned, as I understand history it is mostly written by whoever won the war at the time. smile I did not say it was accurate in it's claims, in fact it is quite crazy when it comes to religious history, but it is there in black and white, dated and written when it said it was (roughly.)

1. profile image0

Do you believe that if God is true that He could have ghiven the future to men of old?

Abraham mentioned looking for a land built without hands. What is the land he spoke of? Heaven? New Jerusalem?

Job mentioned the daysman. The daysman is someone human enough to touch man and spiritual enough to touch God. Who fit the bill? Only Jesus.

Sorry SirDent, I do not understand your reply.

The biblical stories are old stories recycled is what I am showing here.

It would seem logical that this was the case, based on a long time line of gods, with these stories changing to suit whoever was telling them as they went through history.

There are lots of floods, virgin births, threats made by entities that match the OT, historic events that reappear in the bible thousands of years later.

6. earnestshub profile image79

Chirp! Not replying to the facts is not a good look for any religionist is it? lol

7. h.a.borcich profile image59
    h.a.borcichposted 13 years ago

Earnest, I do not think you give a rats behind about my soul. Nor do I believe you care how or what I believe. I have put up with your insults, your judging my mental state, and what ever BS has fell off your lip. Your juvenile insecurities about religion have made you who you are. A zealot.
      My soul is fine, my faith is fine. I have no problem that you want to be an atheist - go for it. Why are you so heck bent that I should be just like you?
    Did I miss history in school? Am I terrified of knowing? Not hardly. What does freak me out me is a loud mouth bully who respects no boundaries, has no manners, and thinks he has all the answers to hide his fear. Yes, I think you are afraid.

lol Still no answer eh? lol

Not going to address the truth are you?

Now it is clear - it is you who cannot read! Must have missed quite a few classes.

8. earnestshub profile image79

mjane, like other religionists here, you fail to address the issue of timeline.

Your bible stories are just repeats from the stories that came thousands of years before. Do you avoid facts just to be right?

Why don't you at least look at history and the stories of Horus and others, then make some sensible comment on it, instead of repeating inane unsupported comments?

if you do not belief on the Bible ,it is an atheist...

What are you saying here, that those who don't believe in the bible are atheists?
        If so, I would point out to you that one does not have to be an atheist or any other "ist" not to believe in a pack of psychotic lies designed to control weak ignorant minds such as in the bible and quoran. smile

9. earnestshub profile image79

The world is a mirror grasshopper, and you have just described yourself to a tea! smile

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Forget it earnest. She's picking a fight as usual ! LOL

10. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

Bible NT has little of Word revealed; and ispiration only those people get who receive Word of revelation from the Creator- God Allah YHWH. Bible failed to mention Word of Revelation Jesus received from God Allah YHWH; and it also failed to mention his inspirations.

Thanks

11. profile image55
    pradeep luke samposted 13 years ago

Hi, I was reading the comments. Please don't argue about God. Its not our job to prove that God exists. Its the job of Holy Spirit. Please understand, not everybody is going to be with God at the end of the day. So, our job is just convey the gospel. Then leave it to God. I am from a science (Physics) back ground, my wife also the same, but we have never seen any book like Bible. If somebody says something against God, its not our problem, God has to deal with that. And he will do that. We can invite somebody to church. But holy spirit brings him to church. One guy here is speaking from a movie Zeitgeist which is utter nonsense. If somebody wants to believe that let it be. Leave it God. May the God Almighty bless you all.

Pradeep

12. earnestshub profile image79

Your sky fairy may own your life, but has no control over mine fortunately! lol

13. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Bible is neither a Word revealed nor a word inspired.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)