jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What does this paradox mean to you?

1. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

What does this paradox mean to you?

The paradox is:

"You and I are equal.
    You and I are different.
    You and I are the same."

What does this paradox mean to you? Please elaborate smile

2. Cammiebar profile image75
    Cammiebarposted 6 years ago

This paradox is one I have to break down for meaning.

"You and I are equal" means to me that we are both human beings.

"You and I are different" means that we both look different and believe in different things.

"You and I are the same" means that we view each other by our differences and beliefs and that we, as humans, are all growing together.

3. dwayne1240 profile image81
    dwayne1240posted 6 years ago

To me I think of this paradox applying to two different humans as if the separate people were math equations.

For instance, you are the equation 6+2.  While I am 4+4.  These two equations equal the same amount, 8.  So even though they are different they are also the same.  Even though they are different, they are equal.

Just like these two math equations, we humans are all made up of different qualities and characteristics.  One person may have more ability to sing and less ability to cook, while another is the opposite.  It is our differences that make us equal.  It is our equality that makes us similar.

4. profile image0
    SellyCellsposted 6 years ago

I think it just means as humans we are equal in many areas, we are different in many areas, but still in this human race together. What do you think it means?

working