First video game you ever owned?

Jump to Last Post 51-83 of 83 discussions (113 posts)
  1. cocoandcrys profile image61
    cocoandcrysposted 6 years ago

I remember on my 5th birthday I received a Super Nintendo Entertainment System, which came with Super Mario World. It was a glorious day and began a lifelong love of video games.

2. profile image0
    Vrijdag Pagesposted 6 years ago

Pipeline for the C64

3. Vledoc profile image60
    Vledocposted 6 years ago

The first video game I owned was the Mario Bros./Duckhunt combo for the Nintendo. It was so crazy to be able to use the gun controller! I still have a copy that I play occasionally.

1. movielardatadare profile image52
      movielardatadareposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I certainly remember the Mario Bros./Duckhunt combo.  My cousins had that and me and my brother loved using the gun controller as well.

4. movielardatadare profile image52
    movielardatadareposted 6 years ago

I'm going to be showing my age here, but the first game(s) I ever owned and played were a bundle pack that came with Atari 2600.  Space Invaders, Missile Command, Asteroid, and one other game that I forgot the title to.

5. MyWebs profile image82
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

I believe my first game was Pong.

6. profile image0
    Leela Rainelleposted 6 years ago

If Gameboy counts - Pokemon Red. If you're looking for full system - I think it was a Tony Hawk skateboarding game.

1. profile image0
      Single Shotposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. Leela Rainelle

7. evvy_09 profile image73
    evvy_09posted 6 years ago

The very first game that I bought with my own money was Final Fantasy X.  I think anyway.

1. profile image0

Awesome! Love that game! I own 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 11, 12

8. naeemebrahimjee profile image72
    naeemebrahimjeeposted 6 years ago

It would have to be Super Mario and the 6 golden coins.

This was on the old old game boy.

Nope think even older.

The First Game boy.

The big grey square with a yellow tinted black and white screen and big buttons.

Gosh I'm old.

1. profile image0

I remember those.. and I'm 26. smile

9. Hakpenguin profile image74
    Hakpenguinposted 6 years ago

power-rangers lightspeed rescue.

back when hard mode actually meant hard and being stuck on a level was the norm, not the exception wink

10. brimancandy profile image74
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

Pong, Asteroids, and Space Invaders.

My favorite arcade game was actually Mr. Do. They had Mr. Do's crazy castle, and later came out with Mr.Do's crazy coaster. I like Mrs. Pacman, Defender, galaxy, and Centipede, But I liked Mr. Do the best.

When nintedo came out. I had super mario, and Donkey Kong. When Super Nintendo came out, I went game crazy, and have lots of games. like Sim City, Super Mario World, Tetris, and a few others.

11. LagunaAlkaline profile image85
    LagunaAlkalineposted 6 years ago

My first game was Super Mario World for the Game Boy. I got it on my 6th birthday. Ah, memories.

1. Midasfx profile image56
      Midasfxposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Excellent game ! I almost always died at the Egyptian level? I remeber the spiders would drop down onto me and game over. Ha, good times!

12. dailytop10 profile image90
    dailytop10posted 6 years ago

For me it was Pokemon Blue. I got hooked on the game from that day on until now. haha

1. profile image0

Sweet! Yeah, I have red, blue, yellow(pikachu edition), gold, silver, crystal, sapphire, ruby, emerald, leaf green, fire red, diamond, pearl, platinum, black, white, white 2.

13. MattWritesStuff profile image93
    MattWritesStuffposted 6 years ago

It's a tossup between Adventure and Mario Bros., both for the Atari 2600. We had a handful of games, so I'm not sure which came first.

There's a distinct possibility it was E.T. We did own that game. SHUDDER.

14. ocbill profile image55
    ocbillposted 6 years ago

I owned it by being good waaay back when. Pacman 90 minutes on a quarter

15. GameApathy profile image77
    GameApathyposted 6 years ago

Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Genesis haha

16. Samith Jhon profile image60
    Samith Jhonposted 6 years ago

I think mine was the original Rayman. Rayman FTW.

17. LadyEstere profile image60
    LadyEstereposted 6 years ago

I believe it's a toss up on Asteriods and Space Invaders for the Atari System.  Course that's quite a few years back before playstation and xbox.

18. Gamerguides profile image81
    Gamerguidesposted 6 years ago

That was Tetris and Super Mario bros. for snes

19. lyndre profile image77
    lyndreposted 6 years ago

Huxley pig on my sons commodore64

20. profile image0
    Aleister888posted 6 years ago

first PC  Game - Star Wars: X Wing Alliance

21. atechwiz profile image70
    atechwizposted 6 years ago

My first game(s) were the games that came bundled with the Atari 2600. Those were Combat and Pac Man.

22. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I had a handheld football game that was basically dots racing down a football field smile My first "real" video game was Zelda on Nintendo.

23. josephbarrett profile image57
    josephbarrettposted 6 years ago

My first game was Super Mario. It was awesome fun at that time. Great Game

24. Skylanders profile image64
    Skylandersposted 6 years ago

We had a ZX Spectrum, in the uk and I owned Atick Atack. Not sure if that is the right spelling!

25. Argonaut Jess profile image68
    Argonaut Jessposted 6 years ago

Tomb Raider and The Spice Girls on Play Station One! Happy times :0)

26. profile image0
    Single Shotposted 6 years ago

For me my first game for the PlayStation one is was Spyro the dragon. First game for the Game Boy Color was Pokemon Yellow Version  Special Pikachu Edition. Game Boy Advanced was either tetris or Pokemon Ruby. First game I owned for Nintendo Ds lite was Pokemon Pearl. smile now..I have every Pokemon Version for Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advanced, and Nintendo DS.

27. Bazmak profile image61
    Bazmakposted 6 years ago

Pole Position - Atari 7800

28. The Reminder profile image77
    The Reminderposted 6 years ago

It's on the Atari and it's a tank game but I don't remember the name!

1. profile image0

@ The Reminder - I like your photo. smile ha ha never heard of the game..er ha ha sorry the tank game anyway. smile

29. The Reminder profile image77
    The Reminderposted 6 years ago

I just found the name and it's simply called Tank and it was released in 1974!

1. profile image0

Sweet! HA HA

30. Willsummerdreamer profile image84
    Willsummerdreamerposted 6 years ago

I'm not actually sure. I distinctly remember finding some old Atari (weather it was from the 2600 or not I don't know) game cartridges laying around my house when I was a kid, but I don't recall ever owning an Atari console. The first game I can actually remember playing would probably be the original Super Mario Bros./ Duckhunt on the NES. After that it was either Megaman or Zelda 2 (also NES). I didn't really become a hardcore gamer until the PlayStation era when I got a hold of Final Fantasy VII so *shrugs*.

31. Souther29 profile image78
    Souther29posted 6 years ago

Super Mario Bros for me on the NES:-)

32. taylorgang profile image68
    taylorgangposted 6 years ago

Track and Field on Nintendo.

33. TNT Husky profile image64
    TNT Huskyposted 6 years ago

a 3d platformer called Mort the chicken. I loved that game, but it was pretty weird. you were a chicken, and you had to rescue little baby chicks from strange jello cube-like aliens. Looking back, I think that assimilated itself into my personality

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 6 years agoin reply to this

It's gonna bug me if you leave the word "gopt" in your bio.

1. TNT Husky profile image64
        TNT Huskyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

wow, I am terribly sorry. I face-palmed as soon as i saw that. thank you for pointing that out to me.

1. profile image0
          Beth37posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Great, now I have nothing else to do tonight. I hope someone else has a typo in their bio or my night is ruined.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)