A friend did not know he had been in contact with it. He came over after work, pet my dog, watched a movie, fell asleep on couch. The next day he was covered in a rash and his co-worker also has rash. I know it is the oils. I washed all bedding and anything else I could think of that my dog may have been on, washed the dog, sanitized hard surfaces with bleach. I am starting to itch but a rash has not yet developed. If I break out in a rash, will I re-infect my dog and living quarters? I need all of the advice I can get.
sort by best latest
Thank you for your comment. It was only my friend that infected my dog and not my dogs living environment. I did get a rash from contact with my dog before she got a bath and before I washed everything in the house. You gave me the best answer.
Thank You. I hope your poison ivy has cleared up by now, and not too bad. Sometimes if you catch it soon enough it won't be as bad of a rash. My oldest son played football, and caught it every year.