jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

I Wish I Had …

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image86
    Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12473508.jpg
    When surveying your many accomplishments in life—is there one thing that you wish you had tried even though there was only a 30% probability that you would have succeeded doing it?

1. SouradipSinha profile image80
      SouradipSinhaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Studied harder big_smile

Jacqueline4390posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I hear you!

2. tsmog profile image81
      tsmogposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Are wishes retroactive? With what I know today and what I know of myself I wish I had ventured toward a career that suited my natural talents. I would say that is in that 30% probability without a formal education of least a masters degree if not a PhD. That is where the 30% comes in to play realizing how to afford it. The field of work I was in required too many hours to be successful at just surviving much less afford time and cost of education.

3. Austinstar profile image83
      Austinstarposted 2 years agoin reply to this

become a horse trainer or learned some type of trade that would have let me work with horses. They are such magnificent creatures!

4. tsmog profile image81
      tsmogposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Taking a moment to read the contributions and pondering I think I will add with going into business for myself. It is said 8/10 business fail, so closer to a 20% probability to succeed. I really wonder if I pursued that especially with the right mentors and investors how much life would have been different. Even if I failed, how much valuable experience at the personal level would I have gained.

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I wish I had followed my own truth much sooner - and listened to my own heart over what people told me was "more practical" or what I "should do" or all the things I couldn't do.

3. quicksand profile image83
    quicksandposted 2 years ago

Reading a question like this and not having an answer makes me feel totally inadequate! Jeeeeez! There's not even a 29% chance of me typing out an answer ... and worst of all momma told me never to tell a lie!
    Have a happy day! smile smile smile

I guess that must mean that you have been successful the majority of your life!

1. quicksand profile image83
        quicksandposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Well, it's just that had I gone back to the past and changed something, I would not be what I am now. The worst part of what I would have been if I had changed the past is, I would not know what I would have been right now in order to compare and figure out whether it would have been better or worse!
          smile ----- wide grin ----- smile

4. profile image53
    lizapinposted 2 years ago

be positive always think hundred times before doing it.

5. Picatree profile image70
    Picatreeposted 2 years ago

Being shying is no excuse fro accomplishing your dreams.

6. Kimberleyclarke profile image84
    Kimberleyclarkeposted 2 years ago

I wish I hadn't spent so much time hating myself because I thought I was 'fat'. I wasn't. And, perversely, as I get older (and wider!), I care less about it!

Fantastic! You really are someone special!

7. Gwyn Buchanan profile image74
    Gwyn Buchananposted 2 years ago

I wish I has unapologetically been myself, not the person in was expected to be. Working on changing that but old habits die hard!

working