jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Being 60

1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 18 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12926349_f520.jpg
    60 is the INFANCY of old age and the END of youth.  Thoughts on this.........

1. sukhneet profile image49
      sukhneetposted 18 months ago in reply to this

well, I don't know actually, but I think by the time person reaches sixty, he/she gets old enough to feel younger, but if they are young from heart, age is not a bar.

2. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Just be grateful you weren't born in caveman times when nobody lived past 45.

gmwilliamsposted 18 months ago in reply to this

.............If they lived to 45........

3. Credence2 profile image87
      Credence2posted 18 months ago in reply to this

Beginning of the end or the End of the Beginning?

I like to think of the latter rather than the former.

I qualify, as a retiree, there is simply less stress and pressure than one would experience being younger and working a steady 9-5 job. Stress Kills

So what I lose in youth and vigor, I gain through greater comfort and peace. As the 'young old' these may very well be my best years.

If we can avoid the big three, Cancer, Heart Disease and Diabetes, many more of us can hope to live well into the 80s and 90's.

gmwilliamsposted 18 months ago in reply to this

You also forgot to mention the A word.....alzheimer's.    To live w/alzheimer's disease is merely existing if that.

4. rolaabboud profile image78
      rolaabboudposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Actually I don't even care about getting old. I think getting old could mean experience and knowledge. Every age has it's own pleasures you just need to think positively even when you are 60. Although, we all gonna die at 60, more than 60 or less than 60.

5. promisem profile image94
      promisemposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I am 80 from the neck above and 40 from the neck below.

Some of us age different parts at different paces. But they average out to 60.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image89
    Kathryn L Hillposted 18 months ago

Its the halfway point of life on earth. The soul is always about 33. So age of body is nothing whatsoever.
    Just don't focus on the body. Focus on the essence of the body. It is ageless. And be prepared to let the body go at any time. Its nothing, nothing, nothing …
    Jesus IS as He was when He died: (33) Why not You? now?

TWISI

3. Say Yes To Life profile image88
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 18 months ago

The day after my 50th birthday, I experienced a mild panic attack at being half a century OLD.  A few days later, I realized I was the same person I was the day before my birthday, when I was still 49.  I still had my heath and vitality.  This remains 5 1/2 years later.  I don't even have any new lines or wrinkles.

I figure such an assessment will work just as well when I turn 60.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image89
    Kathryn L Hillposted 18 months ago

120 years divided into thirds is 40, 80, 120.
    Here is a good way to view a life-time on earth:
    If you do not over eat and everything you eat is nutritious and not burdensome to the digestive system, we could live to be 120, barring unfortunate events.
    So ideally, the prime of life is from 40 to 80!
    Your best years are after you have made the mistakes of youth and learned your lessons from the school of hard knocks.
    Here is when we can make life for the youth better.
    SOMEHOW
    and if they won't listen ...  we can just enjoy our prime! or run for president, etc.

Stay healthy and learn how to exercise appropriately!

5. Say Yes To Life profile image88
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 18 months ago

Amen to that!

6. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 18 months ago

Another 10 bastard years.

Just saying.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image89
      Kathryn L Hillposted 17 months ago in reply to this

'til what?

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image89
    Kathryn L Hillposted 17 months ago

Infancy yikes of old age???  that explains a lot.

working