jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

What comes to mind at the mention of the age.............60?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 16 months ago

What comes to mind at the mention of the age.............60?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13035038_f260.jpg

2. Rangoon House profile image85
    Rangoon Houseposted 16 months ago

Always grateful. Too many die too young.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 16 months ago

Relief!  Relief that my years in the paid workforce were over and I could now 'retire' and actually do the unpaid, voluntary work I really wanted to do - and have done - for the past twenty (Yes, 20) years, since turning sixty.   

The most really productive years, I believe, of my life.

4. Aley Martin profile image79
    Aley Martinposted 16 months ago

Can never see myself retiring from teaching. Too much passion in the work! Like the pay! More energy and drive than at 40!

5. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
    LoisRyan13903posted 16 months ago

I be thinking two more years before I retire.  Unless if I decide to retire earlier

6. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 16 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13219879_f260.jpg

Wisdom, Confidence, Party, and "Bucket list" adventures.

7. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 16 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8378347_f260.jpg

The surreal quality of being 60.  I really can't believe that I am in my 60s....WOW.  I look back at my childhood, adolescence, & young adulthood, not believing that I am NOW 62.   My parents are now deceased which makes me a 62 year old orphan.  Oh, how I MISS them so. 

I am looking forward to my remaining 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, & perhaps 100.  I see 60 as a number.  I am forever curious & will constantly try & do new things.  I aim to become even more creative that I have reached my 60s.

8. kenneth avery profile image85
    kenneth averyposted 16 months ago

To be honest, "the end is near." "Over the course of my life I have experienced things that I never thought I would do; met people that I have admired; helped to make our only daughter (the Highlight of my life except making Jesus The Lord of my life); wrote community theater plays; appeared in community theater plays and gave monies to charities; got married; retired from a weekly newspaper and that pretty much sums it up.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 16 months agoin reply to this

So beautiful, what a beautiful statement...

2. Tusitala Tom profile image62
      Tusitala Tomposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Surely you mean, "the transition is near.." not "the end." You are the light in the eye, not the eye.  When the light leaves the eye the LIFE which you are can no longer sustain itself in that particular body.  There is no end.

9. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 16 months ago

I don't think much about it, and I think that is mainly because I grew up  with older cousins. My sister is 7 years older than me, my husband is  also older, so even though I am in my 70's , I am still younger than many of my family members.

working