jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it okay to, and do you drink the tap water where you live?

1. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

Is it okay to, and do you drink the tap water where you live?

Where I live in Australia, it's quite okay to drink the tap water, but I choose not to as I don't like the taste of it (seems flat / metallic taste).

2. Hmrjmr1 profile image79
    Hmrjmr1posted 8 years ago

Most of us in South Georgia have Water Softeners not because the water is extra hard but it occasionally comes out with a sulfur smell. No harm but not pleasant to smell. With that said I can and do drink the tap water albeit treated.

3. wandererh profile image75
    wandererhposted 8 years ago

Yes, over here in Singapore, it's safe to drink the tap water and I do drink it.  But a few months ago I'd let the water run before drinking 'cause it has a metallic taste due to a new tap.

4. Oldskool903 profile image74
    Oldskool903posted 8 years ago

Yes, in America it is perfectly okay to drink tap water and yes i do it all the time. IN America I have never heard of any problems with the tap water, unless something happens with the pipe lines or reservoirs. All in all its okay in America

5. Rensina profile image59
    Rensinaposted 8 years ago

Even though we get our water from a fresh water stream in the mountains I still filter it with an Aquaphor (Russian filter). ....just in case.We are LUCKY to have access to pure mountain water!!
    I live in Australia so our water is clean BUT since the  stupid and ignorant government in Queensland has decided to put fluoride into the town water supply, I'd die od thirst before I'd drink that!

working